Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Bud Built Group Buy **Feeler**

Old 07-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
Tacolution is on a distinguished road
Tacolution's Tacoma Gallery
Bud Built Group Buy **Feeler**

Hey Guys and Gals,

I called Bud Built (www.budbuilt.com) today to ask how he felt about a Group Buy and I got what I felt was a pretty positive response.

Here's what I got from our conversation:

-He's most likely willing to do a GB if one person handles all payment (I can probably handle that, i was thinking PayPal?)

-We can save about $100 each in shipping costs if they are all shipped to the same location. Obviously details for that would be hashed out later depending on number of interested buyers and their location. For example, if we get a lot of CA guys maybe one NorCal location and one SoCal location?

However, if we get enough buyers (>20) he said it would be no problem to ship directly to each one.

The bottom line is that he basically wants it to be as easy as possible on both ends, totally understandable. He's a super nice guy and his product, from what Ive seen/heard, is badass.

Prices/discount are yet to be known, but from what I got from Bud, he's willing to work with us.

So here's what I would like, if we could get a list going of people that want some Bud Built skids and are actually willing and able to fork out the dough (Tacoma, FJC, 4runners are all invited, so spread the word) I can go to him with some hard evidence, get prices, and hopefully we can make this happen!!

Disclaimer: Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make sure you guys get the whole story.

EDIT: To keep this organized please note your model and year and check out Budbuilt.com and specify what exact skid(s) you want in your reply.

Thanks!

I'll start it off:

1. Tacolution - 08 Tacoma, all 5 skids
Old 07-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Who, me or Bud?
Old 07-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Prices shall follow. But like the title states I'd like to get a feel for demand. So post up what you're interested in, por favor. There are 5 different skids Bud offers for the 05+, not sure about the other models. I'd personally like to pick up all 5 for my truck, just from his prices on his site it seems to be way cheaper if you're going to get them eventually.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Every time someone has tried to start a group buy where one person makes the payment and gets all the product delivered to him.. it fails miserably.

Here's to hoping there are 20 People who would do this. Personally, $725 for all 4 skids is a little much for me, even with $100/10% etc off.
And I totally understand the worth.. I'm on my Downey skid as much as I'm on my tires, its just that that amount brings out the Hebrew in me.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Every time someone has tried to start a group buy where one person makes the payment and gets all the product delivered to him.. it fails miserably.

Here's to hoping there are 20 People who would do this. Personally, $725 for all 4 skids is a little much for me, even with $100/10% etc off.
And I totally understand the worth.. I'm on my Downey skid as much as I'm on my tires, its just that that amount brings out the Hebrew in me.
Price out a front cross member! - I think if you are doing any wheeling in a high risk (of rock damage) a set up like this is a no-brainer - Yes it's pricey but unlike insurance, you still have the skid plates after year end!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2. HBMurphy - 09 Tacoma, all 5 (will it accommodate a Shrockworks bumper?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
3. Dark Knight - 05+ front ifs and possible belly skid (price dependant)
Old 07-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
My thoughts on this were that everyone could pay using a paypal account and have the packages shipped to a central UPS or FedEx location. That way there are no doubts as to whether anyone will be getting what they paid for etc. I am open to ideas though so let me know what you think.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Is this good for the Bud Built Traction bar as well?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #11
xrunner-performance.com
dak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to behold

Army: Ranger Medic, 3rd Rangers, 75th INF (Medically Retired)
Name: Brad
dak-rt-2a-XR's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, Will he include the X Runner traction bar? If so im game.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #13
Ban Pending

Any update or - I guess we just need more people to be willing to peel off the benjamins for these babies!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a full set. should be at my house on Wednesday.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #15
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
i'd like to get a full set... but it does depend heavily on the price.

3. Dark Knight - 05+ front ifs and possible belly skid (price dependent)
4. arrrghhh - 09 Tacoma, all 5 skids (price dependent)
Old 07-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #16
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet05 View Post
I just got a full set. should be at my house on Wednesday.
How long did they take (from when you ordered to when they arrived)?

TIA
Old 07-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
How long did they take (from when you ordered to when they arrived)?

TIA
They had them in stock. Shipped them the same day. will be here Wednesday. I think its like 6 day from when i placed the order. Fast.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet05 View Post
They had them in stock. Shipped them the same day. will be here Wednesday. I think its like 6 day from when i placed the order. Fast.
thanks!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #19
jarrodh77 is on a distinguished road
jarrodh77's Tacoma Gallery
3. Dark Knight - 05+ front ifs and possible belly skid (price dependent)
4. arrrghhh - 09 Tacoma, all 5 skids (price dependent)
5. Jarrodh77 - 03 Tacoma - IFS, belly pan, cross-member

Dark Knight and I could probably split shipping, or I could maybe come pick them up from you if you're going to drive over and get them and would be willing to pick mine up too.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #20
Ban Pending