Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Feeler: Fold A Cover Group Buy

View Poll Results: Will you purchase Fold-A-Cover G4??
Will purchase ASAP 7 21.21%
Will puchase within 2 months 9 27.27%
No, not any time soon 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
jsrsxtypes is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jsrsxtypes's Tacoma Gallery
Official: Fold-A-Cover Group Buy

I am currently in contact with Luke Kyle - Owner of Truck Alterations http://www.truckalterations.com/html/foldacoverg4.html

He is trying to work out a Group Buy deal for tacomaworld. To get a cheaper price than his current $715 shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckalter View Post
Ok guys...

Talked with FAC... They were less than eager to do much more... I was less than thrilled with their response... Seems they feel they will sell the product either way. If we were shipping all to one location they will do a discount and pay part to all freight. Since these are shipped to multiple locations they will do a discount only and I have to pay full freight. Most manufacturers will at least help on freight for large orders...

Anyway, here it is:

If we do at least 6 units we can do: $700 shipped in the lower 48.
If we do at least 12 units we can do: $688 shipped in the lower 48
If we do at least 23 units we can do: $670 shipped in the lower 48
If anyone is interested in the new Fold A Cover G4 please Vote NOW!!!!

Fold A Cover G4 Video!!!!

http://www.foldacover.com/Portals/0/Video/video.html
Old 08-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
possibly... depending on the price and if i got the money when the time comes, which is very variable

anyways

2008 Short bed
Old 08-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Phillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud of

Phillyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
possibly... depending on the price and if i got the money when the time comes, which is very variable

anyways

2008 Short bed
X2 verbatum.

09 Shortbed. Would be also interested in Trifecta Trifold.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
09 short bed. Interested. Ready if the price is right.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
07 Access Cab Regular Bed locked and loaded with right price.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
The latest from Luke:

Quote:
I made the inquiry to FAC and they will hopfully get back to me pretty quickly. Their comment was that they would want 12 covers minimum. My sales guy is running it up the flagpole to see what the owners say.

Problem is, at $715 shipped we already have the cover cut pretty close so unless I get some movement from FAC I can do little with the price. It will be up to them to move.

I will keep you posted.

Luke Kyle - Owner
Truck Alterations
Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Interested if FAC comes off the price a bit... maybe near the cost of the LS shipped?

I have a 2009 DC LB.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #8
Yuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant future
Name: Lee
Yuma Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post

anyways
I'll be the same but with a 2009 short bed.

Yuma Taco,
Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
ranger04 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
ranger04's Tacoma Gallery
2009 long bed. Ready for a good price.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #10
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

I'm out. Actually just ordered an Access LE from Luke. For my needs, the G4 is just overkill. A great cover, and if you want and need this cover, hopefully you can get the price you are looking for. But for me, the LE was the way to go.

Good luck with the G4 buy.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
truckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant future
truckalter's Tacoma Gallery
Ok guys...

Talked with FAC... They were less than eager to do much more... I was less than thrilled with their response... Seems they feel they will sell the product either way. If we were shipping all to one location they will do a discount and pay part to all freight. Since these are shipped to multiple locations they will do a discount only and I have to pay full freight. Most manufacturers will at least help on freight for large orders...

Anyway, here it is:

If we do at least 6 units we can do: $700 shipped in the lower 48.
If we do at least 12 units we can do: $688 shipped in the lower 48
If we do at least 23 units we can do: $670 shipped in the lower 48
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
Not what I was hoping for, but something is better than nothing.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #13
Love the Tick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrsxtypes View Post
Not what I was hoping for, but something is better than nothing.
Especially if you were looking to buy this cover anyway. You would have spent $715 shipped on the cover you wanted to get without the discount. Get 22 more of your closest friends to commit, and you save yourself $45.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #14
Wrangler16 is on a distinguished road
Army: VN era aviator
Wrangler16's Tacoma Gallery
Just a quick question on this and other covers - have the manufacturers come up with a decent way to close the gaps across the tailgate and the front of the bed? There appears to be about a 5/8ths inch difference between the ends and sides of the box.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
I e-mailed Fold-a-Cover asking the question: Whats the difference between FAC G4 and Advance Cover G3 Supra because they look and operate very similar. This was there response:

Hi Jason:

I will try and cover the major differences for you.

The G4-ELITE latch system uses a true rotary latch that closes the same way a car door closes. There is one of these latches on each corner of the cover.

Fold-a-Cover hinges are stainless steel and are an independent replaceable part. G3 hinges are aluminum.

Fold-a-Cover Hinge seals are assembled as the hinges are installed vs being glued to the top of the cover.

Fold-a Cover use a wind seal rail that is attached to the truck bed in the stake pocket holes. The wind seal rail assembly contains the upper and lower seals vs a rubber seal that is glued to the truck bed. The G3 cover basically just lies on top of the truck bed.

Fold-a-Cover channels and wind seal rails are all OEM approved powder coat finishes vs anodizing which fades and discolors.

Fold-a-Cover is ISO9001 quality and ISO14001 environmentally certified.

Mark Heintskill
Marketing Director
Steffens Enterprises, Inc.
4045 Karona Ct
Caledonia, MI 49316-8428
800-322-0522 Ext. 241
www.foldacover.com
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #16
Love the Tick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrsxtypes View Post

Fold-a-Cover is ISO9001 quality and ISO14001 environmentally certified.
Well there you go... What more do you need?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
Gingrbredman ,

What made you chose the Access LE? Do you have to remove the side rails from the bed or can you still use the rails. I would like one that I will keep me rails. What is the point of having the bed cleats and such if you can no longer use them. That is why I haven't decided on the bed cover. Thanks - Ruben
Old 08-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #19
Love the Tick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
Gingrbredman ,

What made you chose the Access LE? Do you have to remove the side rails from the bed or can you still use the rails. I would like one that I will keep me rails. What is the point of having the bed cleats and such if you can no longer use them. That is why I haven't decided on the bed cover. Thanks - Ruben
I chose the Access LE because you have full use of the rail system after installed. The rail system of the Access covers goes behind the bed rail system meaning the bed rails are still there. The Access cover and Lorado are a little lower profile than the LE so you wouldn't be able to fit the standard tie-downs in the bed rails with the cover on. I like the G4. Solid cover, good looks, reasonable price for what you get, but for me, I just needed something to cover the bed, and be able to open it easily. The LE fits that bill. The regular Access roll up would have worked as well, but after talking to Luke, I decided the little extras that come with the LE was worth an additional $45. I should have it today and will get it installed and post up some pics in another thread somewhere around here.

Back to the original topic, how many people are on board with the potentail group buy of the G4?
Old 08-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #20
Yuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant future
Name: Lee
Yuma Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingrbredman View Post
Back to the original topic, how many people are on board with the potentail group buy of the G4?
I'm in, what more do I need to do?

Yuma Taco,
Lee Altman