LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 9!! Ends 9/15/09

Old 09-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #21
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
Sorry I'm kind of new to the whole HID thing. I know they are the premier lighting option. Do these lights have a warranty?? I like the 6000k's for the headlights and bottom fogs, but are they that much better than buying a Piaa xtreme white bulb? Please tell me why HID and not simply a white replacement bulb. Also do I have to take out my headlights to do this install? Thanks
I only had to remove my battery and move the windshield wiper fluid resevoir. Nothing big or hard to do. I didn't want to try and squeeze the bulbs in and risk damaging them.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #22
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie Joe View Post
What does everyone usually get for the color of light? 4300 or 6000??
My first order when I initially bought this I got 6000k bulbs for fog and headlamps. Now I am ordering replacement bulbs in 4300k. I want to see which I feel I see better with in the rain and at night. 6000k seems to be most popular though. Check out the pictures and see what you like. I think anything higher than 6k has too much color and would be tough during inclement weather and the lighting power decreased.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #23
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry I'm kind of new to the whole HID thing. I know they are the premier lighting option. Do these lights have a warranty?? I like the 6000k's for the headlights and bottom fogs, but are they that much better than buying a Piaa xtreme white bulb? Please tell me why HID and not simply a white replacement bulb. Also do I have to take out my headlights to do this install? Thanks
you don't have to pull anything out. install the bulbs into the rubber grommets outside of the headlight assembly and then install as one piece! just leave the harnesses disconnected until after you get the bulbs in.

p.s. this kit is great!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #25
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanite09 View Post
is the 50w option worth it?
I think 35w is plenty bright. I recommend 50w for more off road use only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
whats the warrenty on them?
They come with a 12 month warranty for the entire kit. (bulb, ballast, relay and wiring harness.)

Quote:
Yes 12 months. And WAY better than Piaa's. Piaa's arent even on the same page. You do not need to remove the headlight at all. easy install..
Old 09-08-2009, 06:17 AM   #27
mastermind is on a distinguished road

Name: Erick
mastermind's Tacoma Gallery
what is the normal retail price for these?....How much will I save if I join this group buy?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 AM   #28
dude
drew-z will become famous soon enough
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
can someone post some pictures up with the 6000k head and fogs installed and lit? i would like to see what they look like before i buy
Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
what is the normal retail price for these?....How much will I save if I join this group buy?
They are normally $50 more per kit.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew-z View Post
can someone post some pictures up with the 6000k head and fogs installed and lit? i would like to see what they look like before i buy
If you click the picture link in the first thread there are some pics of the 6000K lit up on my truck. Along with 6000K fogs.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #32

Quote:
What is the difference between the slim lights and the normal ones? I know theyr'e only $20 more but what am i really paying for?
You are paying for a much better quality that will outlast the normal ballast. Not only that they are half the size, lighter, and easier to mount places.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #33
Legend in my own mind
CableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of light

CableTec's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I might have to get in on this one. Is there any difference as far as ease of mounting the telescoping hi/lows vs just regular lowbeam HID's? Do you have to align or aim them after install?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableTec View Post
Looks like I might have to get in on this one. Is there any difference as far as ease of mounting the telescoping hi/lows vs just regular lowbeam HID's? Do you have to align or aim them after install?
The only difference between the two would be with the telescopic kit you would keep the high beam function as with the low beam only kit you won't have high beams.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #35

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableTec View Post
Aiming them is not difficult at all. May need just a little tweaking to get it right. No worries!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #36
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
hid's

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Wake up bump.
I am awake and need to know how can I order them???. Is there a site???. I sent you a message also.

Thank you.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilus11 View Post
I am awake and need to know how can I order them???. Is there a site???. I sent you a message also.

Thank you.
You order them on here just PM me the below info that is also on the first post of this thread. I then will send you a paypal invoice that you will make your payment. It's that easy.

Name
TW Username

Mailing Address
Paypal Email Address
Full Order Details
Old 09-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #38
Jmajors is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
Jmajors's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need a wiring harness for this kit?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #39
greddy09sc is on a distinguished road
greddy09sc's Tacoma Gallery
You're not offering the off road lights anymore? You used to sell them for $130. If not, do you know where i can get em?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmajors View Post
Do I need a wiring harness for this kit?
The kit comes with the wiring harness.