1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 9!! Ends 9/15/09

Discussion in 'Closed Group Buys' started by slimsdepot, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    mb_edgar

mb_edgar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan Beach
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road Pack
    6000k headlights and fog lights, L.E.D lightning all around, satoshi grill, hella 5100's behind the grill, pnasonic in dash, dual fosgates ps3's behind back seat, powder coated back bumper.
    I know the gb is over now but i was just wonder how does the stock headlight assembly and wiring from toyota handle the 6000K headlights and fogs..

2. Sep 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    The stock wiring only controls the relays for the hid setup, all the power goes through the hid harness direct to battery so there is no extra load on the factory wiring.

3. Sep 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    Mrgoody86

Mrgoody86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Lincoln, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma 4x4, DBL Cab, Sport Edition
    K&N CAI, Custom duel exhaust with jones muffler, Viper Alarm w/ remote start, Cobra radar detector hard wired and mounted above rear view mirror. Leather Arm rest mod, LED cabin light, Redline elite hood struts. Bilstien 5100's all around, front coilover set at 2.5", Toytec aal, and Total Chaos UCA's, Scangauge II, Front Diff Drop kit, Yellow Lamin-X fog light covers, 6K HID conversion Kit for Headlights
    Sorry antsy just wondering what the time frame is on delivery. Not being pushy just curious and excited.

4. Sep 20, 2009 at 9:02 PM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot [OP] slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    No worries at all I would be excited too!! They will be arriving to me sometime this week. Hopefully early Tuesday/Wednesday. I then box them all up and ship them out the same day via USPS Priority mail. They will arrive 1-3 business days after that. :D

5. Sep 21, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    This is always a very smooth, well put together, and informative group buy. A sure deal! :woot:

6. Sep 22, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    The Mega

The Mega Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Custom Retrofit Headlights, TRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Demello Offroad Sliders, Icon Coilovers w/ reservoirs, Allpro Rear Leaf Pack w/Fox reservoirs, Ubolt Flip Kit, Bed Mounted Spare, Total Chaos UCA, Steal Brake Lines All Around, Viper Remote Start, Custom Emblem Work, Black Tail Lights, and Flashlight Mod, Devil Emblem, Color Matched Interior, Demello Front Bumper, Onboard Air, Courtesy LED Lights (Interior and Exterior), Secondary Fuse Block, Hood Struts, Engine Bay Lights
    When will the HID kits ship and how will we be notified?

7. Sep 23, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot [OP] slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    ALL KITS WILL BE SHIPPED OUT TOMORROW MORNING :D

Just finished the boxing and the labeling. Soon you will have them in your hands!!

8. Sep 24, 2009 at 8:00 PM
    Mrgoody86

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Lincoln, CA
    Vehicle:
    K&N CAI, Custom duel exhaust with jones muffler, Viper Alarm w/ remote start, Cobra radar detector hard wired and mounted above rear view mirror. Leather Arm rest mod, LED cabin light, Redline elite hood struts. Bilstien 5100's all around, front coilover set at 2.5", Toytec aal, and Total Chaos UCA's, Scangauge II, Front Diff Drop kit, Yellow Lamin-X fog light covers, 6K HID conversion Kit for Headlights
    Thank You again slim I really think This was the smoothest group buy ive ever seen. ps are there instructions in the packaging or is it on the site somewhere?

9. Sep 24, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    Menametony

Menametony Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    the instruction comes in the box

10. Sep 24, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    Mrgoody86

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Lincoln, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thank you kind sir!:D

11. Sep 26, 2009 at 2:50 PM
    Laban

Laban Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab V6 TRD Off-Road
    Just got mine today. Thank you.

12. Sep 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    Mrgoody86

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Lincoln, CA
    Vehicle:
    Just got it today thank you. Ill add pics when I do the install next week.

13. Sep 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    Jmajors

Jmajors Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Chelsea, AL
    Vehicle:
    04 double prerunner V6
    Westin bull bar, UWS lowprofile toolbox, HID headlight conversion, 7 inch head unit, custom mounted subs in rear doors, deckplate mod, k&n drop-in
    Is there a way I can flip the bulb cover, I got flashed four times in about 20 min on the first night with them on? And thanks just what I wanted.

14. Sep 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    The Mega

The Mega Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Custom Retrofit Headlights, TRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Demello Offroad Sliders, Icon Coilovers w/ reservoirs, Allpro Rear Leaf Pack w/Fox reservoirs, Ubolt Flip Kit, Bed Mounted Spare, Total Chaos UCA, Steal Brake Lines All Around, Viper Remote Start, Custom Emblem Work, Black Tail Lights, and Flashlight Mod, Devil Emblem, Color Matched Interior, Demello Front Bumper, Onboard Air, Courtesy LED Lights (Interior and Exterior), Secondary Fuse Block, Hood Struts, Engine Bay Lights
    the bulb cover should be position at the bottom of the headlamp, forcing the light to the top of the headlamp and then reflected down. Im not sure if you can install them in wrong because of the three prongs and there sizes. But double check that you have them in correctly and not at an angle.

15. Sep 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    Jmajors

Jmajors Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Chelsea, AL
    Vehicle:
    04 double prerunner V6
    Westin bull bar, UWS lowprofile toolbox, HID headlight conversion, 7 inch head unit, custom mounted subs in rear doors, deckplate mod, k&n drop-in
    Yeah I tryed the taps wouldn't fit that way. The bulb is up with the reflector down, but it seem like it's just going up. I got a haynes manual and looked at the headlight adjust so maybe that could help. It was just a little to much work to do tonight. I'm going to try and adjust the headlight and see how that goes. Thanks for the help.

16. Sep 27, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    The Mega

The Mega Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    just stand in front of your truck with the headlights on and if all of the light is not coming from the top half of the headlight than the bulbs are in at an angle and need to re-positioned.

17. Sep 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM
    The Mega

The Mega Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    The stock bulb has two large tabs and one small tab. The new HID bulbs have two small tabs and only one large tab, so it is possible to position the bulb in two different angles. I believe the one large tab should be at the top of the headlight so that the reflector is at the bottom of the housing.

18. Sep 28, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    drew-z

drew-z dude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 05 prerunner SR5 Double Cab
    AFE Brute Force CAI, pioneer touchscreen, pioneer flat series 12" sub/ custom box, window tint, HIDs, LEDs overhead, timbren suspension, BHLM, 2" leveling kit
    I just received my kit and I was looking over it. Looks like I have faulty equipment. What do you think? I havent tried hooking anything up, and if this is not going to cause a problem then Im ok with it. This is the wiring to the ballast by the way

hid.jpg
    hid2.jpg

19. Sep 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM
    drew-z

drew-z dude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 05 prerunner SR5 Double Cab
    AFE Brute Force CAI, pioneer touchscreen, pioneer flat series 12" sub/ custom box, window tint, HIDs, LEDs overhead, timbren suspension, BHLM, 2" leveling kit
    anyone?

20. Sep 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    Mrgoody86

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Lincoln, CA
    Vehicle:
    Just Installed mine yesterday here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drew I had a problem at first also. I had one of the connectors backwards. Figured it out after I used my multimeter. If you have a mutlimeter or one of those circuit checkers with the bulbs that light up just check to see it your getting power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top