Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 9!! Ends 9/15/09

Old 09-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #81
Get Routy
The Mega is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
The Mega's Tacoma Gallery
The stock bulb has two large tabs and one small tab. The new HID bulbs have two small tabs and only one large tab, so it is possible to position the bulb in two different angles. I believe the one large tab should be at the top of the headlight so that the reflector is at the bottom of the housing.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #82
dude
drew-z will become famous soon enough
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
I just received my kit and I was looking over it. Looks like I have faulty equipment. What do you think? I havent tried hooking anything up, and if this is not going to cause a problem then Im ok with it. This is the wiring to the ballast by the way
Attached Thumbnails
HID Xenon Group Buy Round 9!! Ends 9/15/09-hid.jpg   HID Xenon Group Buy Round 9!! Ends 9/15/09-hid2.jpg  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #84
Mrgoody86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Force: 99th Aircraft Maintainence SQ
Name: Alex
Mrgoody86's Tacoma Gallery
Just Installed mine yesterday here are some pics.

Drew I had a problem at first also. I had one of the connectors backwards. Figured it out after I used my multimeter. If you have a mutlimeter or one of those circuit checkers with the bulbs that light up just check to see it your getting power.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #85
Mrgoody86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Force: 99th Aircraft Maintainence SQ
Name: Alex
Mrgoody86's Tacoma Gallery
guess I did read your post all the way. Umm it looks like in the pic it is chipped. other than that im not sure by the pic that anything looks damaged. do you have any more pictures.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #86
dude
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
yea it is chipped. hopefully in these pics you can tell. but I dont think it is going to cause a problem. any advice here?
Attached Thumbnails
HID Xenon Group Buy Round 9!! Ends 9/15/09-hid3.jpg   HID Xenon Group Buy Round 9!! Ends 9/15/09-hid4.jpg  
Old 09-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #88
dude
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
im tryin to hook these up. can anyone tell me where the plug on the passenger side hhoks up to? the driver side plugs into the control box, and the passenger side where? or someone tell me what im doing wrong
Old 09-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #89
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
Installed mine today, once I got it figured out it went together real easy. Can't wait till it gets dark to see what they look like.

hey Drew-Z you might want to PM slim and let him know that you got a bad one. There is no sense on paying as much as we did for the kit and then have to make repairs to it.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #90
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew-z View Post
im tryin to hook these up. can anyone tell me where the plug on the passenger side hhoks up to? the driver side plugs into the control box, and the passenger side where? or someone tell me what im doing wrong
When you look at the harness, not the ballast, there is an end that has the fuse and and the control module on it. That is the end that you plug into the exisiting harness and the power. The other end is the passenger side. You will need to ground each side individually. Hope that helps.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #91
dude
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
When you look at the harness, not the ballast, there is an end that has the fuse and and the control module on it. That is the end that you plug into the exisiting harness and the power. The other end is the passenger side. You will need to ground each side individually. Hope that helps.
right. but the wires running to the passenger side do not have a plug to plug into the power. correct?
Old 09-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #92
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
Quote:
Installed mine today, once I got it figured out it went together real easy. Can't wait till it gets dark to see what they look like.

hey Drew-Z you might want to PM slim and let him know that you got a bad one. There is no sense on paying as much as we did for the kit and then have to make repairs to it.
i see you got the HID's now too.. hehe they are amazing..
Old 09-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew-z View Post
right. but the wires running to the passenger side do not have a plug to plug into the power. correct?

Correct there is just the one for the drivers side. It got me totally confused to. The directions in the book really sucked and if you are not semi mechanically inclined you are kind of screwed.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menametony View Post
i see you got the HID's now too.. hehe they are amazing..

Heck yeah, just in time to. I head back to Texas on Wednesday and they just came in today. Talk about cutting it close. I will be in your area on Wednesday as the wife wants to go through Williamsburg.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #95
dude
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
well i have come to the conclusion that the defected ballast in my above picture does not work. I had it hooked up to the pasenger side first, and it did not work. So I had all my headlights and my fogs hooked up and that one did no work. So I moved that ballast around to try it on a fog, and all lights worked except for that one.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #97
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
Quote:
Heck yeah, just in time to. I head back to Texas on Wednesday and they just came in today. Talk about cutting it close. I will be in your area on Wednesday as the wife wants to go through Williamsburg.
im not really sure whats in williamsburg... haha the scenery is pretty nice.. havent really dont much exploring in that area
Old 09-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #98
Get Routy
The Mega is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
The Mega's Tacoma Gallery
Drew-z, I would not hook up the kit with the damaged component, the system uses a very high voltage and you could damage your truck or shock yourself
Old 09-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #99
dude
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mega View Post
Drew-z, I would not hook up the kit with the damaged component, the system uses a very high voltage and you could damage your truck or shock yourself

right well it is not hooked up anymore. But it did not seem like that chip in it would cause a problem. and when it didnt work i thought i had hooked something up wrong. but i double checked everything and confirmed the problem.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #100
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Drew-z check your PM's I got your message and will gladly replace that ballast for you. I appologize you had to get a bad one that slipped through the cracks. Usually they would notice something like that and not ship a ballast out looking like that.