Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 10!! Ends 10/15/09

Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #221
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Name: Kellan
TexasBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Sonofa... had a bad ballast / relay on one of the fogs. All else looks dang good though, can't wait to see all four corners lit up.

Slim - PM sent re: bad ballast.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #222
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
great I already cut mine up on install... oh well too late.

How do you adjust the lights without moving the battery and fluid resi? I cannot get a screw driver inthere unless I move the battery...
if you have decently strong hands you can adjust the light up and down without any tools.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #223
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertop View Post
Still nothing.
Check your tracking # that was emailed to your paypal email address. The Canada shipping always takes like 3-4 business days longer than everyone else.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #224
fibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant future
Name: roger
fibertop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Check your tracking # that was emailed to your paypal email address. The Canada shipping always takes like 3-4 business days longer than everyone else.
Checked and no tracking # emailed. Payment made to you Oct 21, 2009.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #225
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertop View Post
Checked and no tracking # emailed. Payment made to you Oct 21, 2009.
Just PM'd you the tracking #
Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #226
Legend in my own mind
CableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of light

CableTec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do you adjust the lights without moving the battery and fluid resi? I cannot get a screw driver inthere unless I move the battery...

Socket set works on mine.......
Old 11-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #227
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableTec View Post
Socket set works on mine.......
I should give that a try... what size socket?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #228
Legend in my own mind
CableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of light

CableTec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I should give that a try... what size socket?

Smaller than 13/32. I can't remember off the top; but it's pretty small.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:57 AM   #229
hottacoX will become famous soon enough

Name: Cory
hottacoX's Tacoma Gallery
No worries Fibertop, as of yesterday (Nov 2nd) my HIDs entered customs Canada, yours should be at that point as well. I would expect them mid to late this week, even early next week at the latest. When getting things from USPS they either slip right through customs or take a couple of days...

Either way I am excited to put mine in!!!
Cheers!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #231
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Damn! Missed it again. Let me know if you do another round.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post1086498
Old 11-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #232
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottacoX View Post
No worries Fibertop, as of yesterday (Nov 2nd) my HIDs entered customs Canada, yours should be at that point as well. I would expect them mid to late this week, even early next week at the latest. When getting things from USPS they either slip right through customs or take a couple of days...

Either way I am excited to put mine in!!!
Cheers!!!
Mine hit customs on the 1st still there according to usps site
Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #233
Lateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant future

Name: Steve
Lateralus's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to give slimcubby a big shout of "THANK YOU!!!!". Got the lights installed today (finally).. What a change..

Also wanted to give props to cabletech's write up of the install.. Had the headlights in about 40 min.. The fog lights were a different story.. Took me 2 hours to get the bulbs in.. But with a lot of patience they finally went in.. I had to walk away a couple of times to have a smoke and to keep from going crazy.

Cheers to both!!

8000k in the headlights, 3000k in the Fog's
Attached Thumbnails
HID Xenon Group Buy Round 10!! Ends 10/15/09-img_0993.jpg  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Just wanted to give slimcubby a big shout of "THANK YOU!!!!". Got the lights installed today (finally).. What a change..

Also wanted to give props to cabletech's write up of the install.. Had the headlights in about 40 min.. The fog lights were a different story.. Took me 2 hours to get the bulbs in.. But with a lot of patience they finally went in.. I had to walk away a couple of times to have a smoke and to keep from going crazy.

Cheers to both!!

8000k in the headlights, 3000k in the Fog's
Thanks Lateralus! Glad you like them and the picture shows how great they look!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 AM   #235

alright Fibertop I broke outta customs at 5pm yesterday, hope to see the lights very soon!!! Did yours get released as well?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #236
fibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottacoX View Post
alright Fibertop I broke outta customs at 5pm yesterday, hope to see the lights very soon!!! Did yours get released as well?
Yep, I checked and its out of customs. Will probably see it Monday. Good thing too. Its getting dark up here in the northen hemisphere
Old 11-10-2009, 05:31 AM   #237

Lights are here!!! I will be putting em in on the weekend!!! Cheers slim!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:35 AM   #238
mine too!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #239
trdferguson is on a distinguished road
trdferguson's Tacoma Gallery
So I FINALLY got my headlights installed and they're great. I got the 6k slim digital. I do have a question though - The light doesn't seem to disperse as "evenly" as in my '06 VW GTI (stock projectors w/ HIDs) - is this because I don't have projectors in my Tacoma? I'm assuming the projectors give a more even spread of light and that "cutoff".. is this true?

Thanks guys and thanks again slim - i'll try and post some pics when I install my 3k fogs!
Old 11-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #240
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
You just answered your own question, projectors have that cutoff while reflective housings scatter the light.