Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 12! Ends 12/15/09

Old 12-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #21
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenrios2k View Post
Finally got my Taco
only 4 miles on the OD let the mods begin.

info PMed.
Haha very nice! When I got my new truck the lights were the first thing I did.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #22
mugenrios2k is on a distinguished road
mugenrios2k's Tacoma Gallery
fog light always on all ready did that. (@ 4miles)
HID ordered (@ 30miles)
and stereo just ordered today. (@ 70miles)

Back on topic.

PAYPAled yesterday.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so what is the process to switching these out? I hate my low beams, I just know absolutely nothing about headlights. Are they street legal in CA?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #24
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind saw the install thread.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #25
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Anybody with a pending payment please be sure to make your payments before the end of the GB to ensure your order is placed.

Thanks!
~Slim
Old 12-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
i got mine for 2 for 100 and i could stil get them like that if i want
Old 12-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo08pirate View Post
i got mine for 2 for 100 and i could stil get them like that if i want
Yea I too can get a crappy set for 30 on ebay and never have the connection for replacement etc. you get what you pay for.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #28
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
I believe there was a member on here that had the similar setup and went HID. The difference was night and day for him. I forgot who it was but maybe post a thread asking if anyone has swapped the silverstars for HID's. The 43k are going to be a touch brighter than the 6k but both will be brighter than the silverstars. The difference from halogen to HID is big.

that was me. and yes the HIDs are way brighter than the silverstars!!!

I had the 6k bulbs to start with and loved them. I switched to 43K last night and they are a bit brighter, I did loose the blue tint/ "hid,cool factor" haha but with either set they are great
Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
that was me. and yes the HIDs are way brighter than the silverstars!!!

I had the 6k bulbs to start with and loved them. I switched to 43K last night and they are a bit brighter, I did loose the blue tint/ "hid,cool factor" haha but with either set they are great
Haha cool I knew there was someone! Thanks for posting your experience.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #30
redblur is on a distinguished road

redblur's Tacoma Gallery
what brand are those lights? and where did you get them? because i want a pair of lights just like those but cant find them anywhere online. or can anyone show me where i can get a pair of bixenon just like those. thanks.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblur View Post
what brand are those lights? and where did you get them? because i want a pair of lights just like those but cant find them anywhere online. or can anyone show me where i can get a pair of bixenon just like those. thanks.
This is a group buy you can buy these lights on here.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #32

redblur's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have pay pal or anything..
Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #33

Quote:
You can mail me a money order. I have had a couple people go that route since they didn't use paypal either.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #34
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
get a paypal. you wont regret it
it makes things sooo much more simple
Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #35
PropJet has a spectacular aura aboutPropJet has a spectacular aura about
PropJet's Tacoma Gallery
Couple of questions about HIDs. First of all, how reliable are they? In other words, how long can one expect them to reasonably last (I realize they have a 12 month warranty, but that's not what I'm looking to know)?

Secondly, when a bulb does quit, I've read that you should always replace it with another one of the same brand due to possible compatibility issues with the ballast. How easy will it be to find and order another bulb of this brand? I'd like to be able to go to the local auto store and buy a replacement, not have to try and remember where I bought these from and have to search endlessly on the internet to find another one, then wait for it in the mail. Someone on another board suggested always carrying your original halogen bulbs with you in your vehicle so if one of the HIDs quits you can switch it out while you try to find a replacement. This sounds like a pita to me.

I'd like to upgrade, but not if it's going to make things more difficult.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJet View Post
Couple of questions about HIDs. First of all, how reliable are they? In other words, how long can one expect them to reasonably last (I realize they have a 12 month warranty, but that's not what I'm looking to know)?

Secondly, when a bulb does quit, I've read that you should always replace it with another one of the same brand due to possible compatibility issues with the ballast. How easy will it be to find and order another bulb of this brand? I'd like to be able to go to the local auto store and buy a replacement, not have to try and remember where I bought these from and have to search endlessly on the internet to find another one, then wait for it in the mail. Someone on another board suggested always carrying your original halogen bulbs with you in your vehicle so if one of the HIDs quits you can switch it out while you try to find a replacement. This sounds like a pita to me.

I'd like to upgrade, but not if it's going to make things more difficult.

Thanks
I haven't heard that it would be a big issue to get replacement bulbs from another company. As long as the specs match and plug sizes you should be fine. As for the time they say the life of the bulbs is over 4000 hours.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #37
PropJet has a spectacular aura aboutPropJet has a spectacular aura about
PropJet's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the response. Pardon my ignorance, as I haven't had to buy a new bulb in probably 15 years, but if / when one does burn out, are HID bulbs commonly available in auto stores, or would one have to order a replacement over the internet?

Also, what advantage would there be to having yellow (3000k) fog lights, as opposed to matching them to the headlights?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #38

redblur's Tacoma Gallery
i always wondered the same thing about yellow fogs too..
Old 12-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJet View Post
Thanks for the response. Pardon my ignorance, as I haven't had to buy a new bulb in probably 15 years, but if / when one does burn out, are HID bulbs commonly available in auto stores, or would one have to order a replacement over the internet?

Also, what advantage would there be to having yellow (3000k) fog lights, as opposed to matching them to the headlights?
You would most likely order your replacement over the internet. I am not sure if auto stores carry these bulbs. If they do they would be like 5x more expensive than online.

Yellow fogs would be good for fog. Nothing else unless you like the looks
Old 12-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #40
ramjm_2000 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Biomedical
ramjm_2000's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious has anyone reported any issues with browning discolorization burn through of their OEM headlight with the bulbs?