Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 12! Ends 12/15/09

Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #41
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Slim Im trying to do a projector retrofit that takes D2s bulbs, how would I get hi/low beam with that set up? is it a mechanism in the projector?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedruM29 View Post
O wow a Dec group buy! I need to scrounge around for some money to do my fogs, i am in love with my headlights.
Lets do it and install in in a mod day!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #42
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Slim Im trying to do a projector retrofit that takes D2s bulbs, how would I get hi/low beam with that set up? is it a mechanism in the projector?

Lets do it and install in in a mod day!
I am not sure how the retrofits work with the high and low beam. But I do have the D2S bulb kits. If you get any info on this let me know.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #43
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjm_2000 View Post
Just curious has anyone reported any issues with browning discolorization burn through of their OEM headlight with the bulbs?
No not that I know of. I have the HID's in my trucks fogs and have them on all day no problems whatsoever.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #44
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ I was searching on Google just then and this is what I learned:
1. Bi-xenon projectors have a mechanical shutter that opens for high beam and remains closed for low beam, thus, D2s bulbs are high beam xenon bulbs.
2. The shutter needs to be tapped to factory high beam circuit.
3. Ballasts should work like yours, but I assume instead of plug and play into factory harness you need to possible run a relay and activate it with factory low beam power.

Viet should be able to chime in if possible.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #45
roughnready62 is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police Platoon leader, Arctic MP
roughnready62's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know much about HID's, but what option should I buy if I wanted to get the brightest and whitest (hi and low beam) lights possible?

thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #46

Quote:
^ I was searching on Google just then and this is what I learned:
1. Bi-xenon projectors have a mechanical shutter that opens for high beam and remains closed for low beam, thus, D2s bulbs are high beam xenon bulbs.
2. The shutter needs to be tapped to factory high beam circuit.
3. Ballasts should work like yours, but I assume instead of plug and play into factory harness you need to possible run a relay and activate it with factory low beam power.

Viet should be able to chime in if possible.
Hmm I wonder if the retrofits come with the relay harness to control the hi and low? yes, the ballasts and lights should work but the main thing is getting the hi and lows to work. I will ask if they carry any harness to control that with the D2s bulbs.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughnready62 View Post
I don't know much about HID's, but what option should I buy if I wanted to get the brightest and whitest (hi and low beam) lights possible?

thanks
You have 2 choices. One is the 6000K which is the brightest/whitest with a slight hint of blue and option two is 4300K which is also brightest/whitest with a slight hint of yellow.

The slight hints or more when you are looking at the headlights straight on.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #48
Thanks for the info. I was also told that some of the HID upgrades allow the user to operate the high beam and low beam at the same time. What would need to be done to allow this function to work on a GEN I Taco?

I appreciate all the help
Old 12-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #49
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
they don't come on when i use highs where did you get your info from?^
Old 12-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #50
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

^ kyle did u get bi-xenons?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #51
I was told that some of the newer model vehicles (as well as kits) always run the low beam, even when the high beam is on. I assumed it had to do with the shutter opening for high beam operation (while the low beam light was still running). I could be wrong, I was just looking to see if anyone heard something similiar
Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #52
redblur is on a distinguished road

redblur's Tacoma Gallery
do these have a relay so the battery doesnt run out?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #53
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Are these the DDMtuning brand slim ballasts because if so their site has them alot cheaper then you do. I bought mine for $90 bucks shipped. 6000k bixenon slim ballast.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #54
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

The newer projectors run the high beams on all the time but cut off by a shutter for low beams, when u flash to pass or turn on high beams the shutter opens. They dont
come with relays and relays dont cut off when ur battery die and i dont think relays do that anyways
Old 12-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblur View Post
do these have a relay so the battery doesnt run out?
yes they come with a relay harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
Are these the DDMtuning brand slim ballasts because if so their site has them alot cheaper then you do. I bought mine for $90 bucks shipped. 6000k bixenon slim ballast.
Nope these are not ddmtuning brand kits. I don't have any idea what cheap source ddm gets their kits from but mine are quality. Not to say that ddm aren't because I have never seen them in person before.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughnready62 View Post
Thanks for the info. I was also told that some of the HID upgrades allow the user to operate the high beam and low beam at the same time. What would need to be done to allow this function to work on a GEN I Taco?

I appreciate all the help
This is not possible. The kit is a single bulb that changes the projection of the light from low beam to high beam. Just like projectors use a single bulb just change the shutter on the projector.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #57
redblur is on a distinguished road

redblur's Tacoma Gallery
so how does this work?
we pay pal you, we get on the list and tell you what we want, and the order just comes to our shipping address or what? how long after the 15th can i expect to recieve the lights?

thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #58
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ kyle did u get bi-xenons?
you know it bro!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #59
WNGS LVL is on a distinguished road

Marines: Marine Aviator
WNGS LVL's Tacoma Gallery
SLIM
Appreciate response to my PM...I'll shoot you my info for the fogs (H4 Slim 6k). Curious if any others have installed HIDs on G2 Eagle Eyes? Here's what they look like...
Old 12-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #60

The fogs are actually H10 size. and those headlights would work great with the HID's especially since they have a projector lense. I know there are at least 1 or 2 guys on here with those lights that have my kit and love em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGS LVL View Post
SLIM
Appreciate response to my PM...I'll shoot you my info for the fogs (H4 Slim 6k). Curious if any others have installed HIDs on G2 Eagle Eyes? Here's what they look like...