Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Aeroforce Interceptor group buy Extended

Old 01-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
forcefedjunkie is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
forcefedjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Aeroforce Interceptor group buy Extended

To get the ball rolling, I'd like to offer a group buy for our Interceptor scan gauge.

These have been tested on the 4.0L (see this thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gen...can-gauge.html), the 4.6, 4.7, 5.7, 1.8, 3.4, and 2.4L. The 2.7L will be confirmed shortly but I see no reason why it will not also be supported. If you have this motor wait for verification before ordering.

Pricing breakdown as follows:

1-5 $229
6-10 $219
11-20 $209
21+ $199

Plus $11 UPS shipping.

This is the only time you will see these offered at these prices, we only discount them below $229 at initial release. This GB will run until 2/5/10. At that time I will give payment instructions which will basically be our paypal account.

This is open to any Toyota vehicle, so spread the word.

For more detail info of the gauge itself please read the intoductory thread here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aer...ology-inc.html

or visit our site: www.aeroforcetech.com

One last thing, we have some optional accessories that can included in this GB. These include the anodized (brushed look) silver bezel, and TRD style face logo. Both are $10 extra each per gauge. When you place your order you can add this in and make a note of what you want in the comment or message field. All gauges come with a black face and black bezel, with additional white face and polished silver bezel included. Bezels screw on/off allowing you to customize the appearance. Also, the display comes in blue/black, green/black, red/black, and white/black. You can see pictures of these on our website. This too must be specified when you order.

Please paste your screen name below and vehicle/engine size. This is for Toyota only!

Participants:

Evil Monkey
Jandrews
Wolf13
jyik40

Please note!! You can sign up but there is no commitment for 2009+ owners due to an unforseen issue with the trans temp readings on these. This should be taken care of within the next couple weeks at which time you can proceed with the purchase if desired.

Thank you!

Todd
Old 01-09-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Put me down for one. PM sent. You should put a post in the Group Buy forum as well. You'll get some more visibility.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Ok, I'll make a post there later today. Thanks!

Todd
Old 01-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I may be interested. How does this thing stack up against a Scan-Gauge II? Seems to list more features...
Old 01-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I may be interested. How does this thing stack up against a Scan-Gauge II? Seems to list more features...
I pasted the table below from this post:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gen...can-gauge.html
>>
Anyhow, here's a few of the comparisons I've made in the 2 weeks that I've been testing it:

>>

Our gauge displays enhanced parameters such as transmission temps. It also has a record function so that you can concentrate on your driving rather than the gauge when doing spirited driving or WOT run. Users have found the analog inputs to be very handy for adding additional sensors without having to add more gauges. You can still record these inputs, and use them for the annumciator (warning lights). That sums it up the functional differences pretty well. Asthetically, you have a graphic display on the Interceptor vs alphanumeric thus the availability of power up screens (logos) on our gauge. We also have several hardware configurations to allow you to customize the gauge's appearance. Then of course you have a 2 1/16" gauge package vs a plastic box. These are really quite different products, one is an economical package for the average guy, and the other for the more serious car enthusiast who also cares about asthetics.

Todd
Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 AM   #6
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie View Post
These are really quite different products, one is an economical package for the average guy, and the other for the more serious car enthusiast who also cares about asthetics.

Todd

That's a good marketing line, but take it from a customer - nah, not really. They're definitely competing products. Believe me, I'm average guy extraordinaire, but I believe in doing it right if you're going to bother doing it at all. Spending money on something when there's a better alternative on the market is just silly to me.

This is very tempting - nice piece of hardware there with a lot of great features. I need to mull it for a couple days, but your odds are good of me jumping on board.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 AM   #7
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of guys on GM 3800 boards run two of these gauges at the same time. This is a very powerful tool that most use in conjunction with HP Tuners as they tune their engines. The hardcore Aeroforce users tend to be into drag racing and not off roading as on this board. The size of the gauge also makes placement in a GM vehicle very easy with multiple locations for most vehicles.

Best of luck with the buy and I will be watching do see if you include the 2.7 engine.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
How many are in for this so far?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
Another feature this has is the ability to correct the mpg reading on the gauge if you've altered the stock wheel/tire size.

As people sign up I'll put their screen names in the top post.

Todd
Old 01-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
That's a good marketing line, but take it from a customer - nah, not really. They're definitely competing products. Believe me, I'm average guy extraordinaire, but I believe in doing it right if you're going to bother doing it at all. Spending money on something when there's a better alternative on the market is just silly to me.

This is very tempting - nice piece of hardware there with a lot of great features. I need to mull it for a couple days, but your odds are good of me jumping on board.
I didn't think of it as a marketing line, I'm just honestly answering someone's question. One product does so much more than the other it's hard to summarize all the additional functionality, and you pay a little more for this as well as the higher grade external hardware that comes with it. A Supra and a Corolla are both cars, but someone interested in a Supra probably wouldn't be in a Corolla and vis-versa. This isn't meant as a knock on the competion either, it all depends on your needs. For example, if you tow or offroad, or just work the vehicle hard at times, you can montior trans temp AND set the alarms if it exceeds a safe level. You can actually monitor and alarm two parameters if you'd like using an "or" or "and" statement. You may want to add an oil pressure sensor and monitor/alarm this as well. You cannot do this with the other product. I could fill pages with other examples including the performance timer, ouput option, record, 20x faster update rate, etc.

If your looking to monitor fuel consumption and that's about it, and asthetics aren't a big deal, then spending a few extra bucks for the Interceptor probably isn't worth it.

Todd
Old 01-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #11

And that's kind of my point - they are competing products, but this is the *better* one.

Alright, I'm in for one. 2009 4x4 TRD OffRoad Tacoma, 4.0L
Old 01-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
For those in need of a mount, Lotek sells a 2-guage pod for the Tacoma that mounts to the front pillar. I have one that I'm going to put in when I get the gauge.
http://www.gaugepods.com/
Old 01-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #13
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting, a couple of questions though:

o Has this been tested on an 09+ Tacoma 4.0? I know they changed the computer buses , but not sure of the internals/parameters.
o I saw reference to 0-60, 1/4 miles times in the linked thread, but not on your web site's Toyota info. Can this record those times for the 4.0 Tacoma?
o Can you read the ambient air temp on the model referenced above? For those without an overhead console, but with the sensor, can you pick up the reading from the bus?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
For those in need of a mount, Lotek sells a 2-guage pod for the Tacoma that mounts to the front pillar. I have one that I'm going to put in when I get the gauge.
http://www.gaugepods.com/
Have you seen a single guage mount like this?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #15
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Have you seen a single guage mount like this?
I don't believe one exists - I've searched pretty good for one.

I'm atually working with Dennis from that company to see about one being made. While he said it definitely can be, I'm not very optimistic on it actually getting done because he requires 30 pre-paid commitments from folks wanting the single a-pillar gauge pod made. Seems like a hefty order to get the process started. They run right around $60 for the grey color.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLTaco09 View Post
I don't believe one exists - I've searched pretty good for one.

I'm atually working with Dennis from that company to see about one being made. While he said it definitely can be, I'm not very optimistic on it actually getting done because he requires 30 pre-paid commitments from folks wanting the single a-pillar gauge pod made. Seems like a hefty order to get the process started. They run right around $60 for the grey color.
Unfortunately for me, I have the tan interior, which is even less of a market.... Would be interested if this does go anywhere though, a bit of plastic paint would make it work. Just not going to have a blank hole on my a-pillar
Old 01-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #17
Quote:
Unfortunately for me, I have the tan interior, which is even less of a market.... Would be interested if this does go anywhere though, a bit of plastic paint would make it work. Just not going to have a blank hole on my a-pillar
I agree with you on the blank hole... The other option is an unpainted one, that is about $7 cheaper, comes black, you paint it.

I'm just debating on whether or not I want to tackle this project or not. 30 people is a lot to recruit. Production won't start until the 30 have been pre-paid.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #18
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Interesting, a couple of questions though:

o Has this been tested on an 09+ Tacoma 4.0? I know they changed the computer buses , but not sure of the internals/parameters.
o I saw reference to 0-60, 1/4 miles times in the linked thread, but not on your web site's Toyota info. Can this record those times for the 4.0 Tacoma?
o Can you read the ambient air temp on the model referenced above? For those without an overhead console, but with the sensor, can you pick up the reading from the bus?
I am interested, but my questions need to be answered first...
Old 01-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #19
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Does this monitor instant MPG, if so do you have to input gallons (or anything) every fill -up? Trans temp is plug and play?

The other post is sorta vague on the capabilities. Could you sum up all this has to offer?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #20

Quote:
I am interested, but my questions need to be answered first...

I am particularly interested in the new 09 comp buses....I am very interested in his assuming 09+'s are compatible.