Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

cb radio

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #21
Acill is just really niceAcill is just really niceAcill is just really niceAcill is just really nice

Navy: Chief Gunners Mate
Name: Paul
Acill's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acill Send a message via AIM to Acill Send a message via Yahoo to Acill
I was thinking of getting one myself, but I havent seen any place to mount one and still have it look nice in my cab. That as well as the fact I dont travel much and cant see what I would actually use one for other then a new toy.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #22
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleswarrior View Post
What about this one...Cobra 29 Limited Black Chrome Edition...$99.00
http://www.truckers-store.com/store-..._40751606.html

that one is really nice, but for anyone wanting to mount it in the Single DIN slot, it has to be around 7" wide and that one is 8.5"

I was looking for something like this one :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Nothing fancy - but it works and fit a Single DIN slot (and looks nice and clean).
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #25
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
I might be interested depending on what radio is decided on. I'm not feeling the chrome and don't care either way about bluetooth capability. For me, weather radio is a must and, as was suggested, something that will fit a din slot would be cool.

The Cobra 75 wx st and Midland 75-822 are very similar. Their features are almost identical, except the Midland has 5 memory slots compared to 4 memory slots for the Cobra. The Midland can also be used as a portable radio with the included battery adapter. The Cobra is as boxy/bulky and the warranty is twice as long.

Eagleswarrior: That Galaxy radio you posted isn't a CB. It's a HAM radio, which you need to be licensed to run.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #26
eagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed
eagleswarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyobuyo View Post
Eagleswarrior: That Galaxy radio you posted isn't a CB. It's a HAM radio, which you need to be licensed to run.
Are you sure? alot of people including family members here in NC run that cb with the hi/lo band...I'll check in to it though...Thanks!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #27
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
You're right. When I looked at the link yesterday, I assumed it was a ham because it transmits at 10 watts and lets you select AM or FM. Everything else I've looked at maxes out at 4 Watts and is AM only.

I did some searching last night, and it looks like there are only two choices for radios that are dimensioned to fit a single din slot. The Cobra 18 wx st ii (mentioned earlier) and the Uniden pro538w. I'm not 100% about the Uniden because I can't find a reliable dimension measurement (each sight I look at has a different dimension listed), but I saw it mentioned a few times.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #29
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
+1 for this one
+2
Old 03-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #31
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Wasnt there a thread about local installers? I cant find it.

Products Discussed in this Thread