1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD short shifter.

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Hoyal, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    you most likely wont have to do anything, but if you do. I can tell you what part from another picture i seen. I tried looking for it but no luck.

ok so when you have everything completely apart, look at the tranny where the shifter sits in. the hole that your looking through the floor board is the part. Basically the thin metal of the body that's cut out sometimes hit's the spacer plate. So when you install the spacer check around the edges and see if the spacer has enough room between it and the body.

EDIT: I think relentlesstaco may have posted a pic somewhere of the bent edges. Im not 100% if it was him but doesnt hurt to ask.

crappy drawing.jpg

2. Apr 15, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    juice21

juice21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    julian
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    Silver Tacoma
    im down

3. Apr 15, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    Coupe

Coupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    Lots baby!
    mods004_7f3659d9b2bd1ae92d8bd265591b67558d52cf1f.jpg

Look at this pic. The bolt at the lower left corner is usually the bitchey one. Sometimes the material in tunnel around this area needs to be trimmed.

Or you can used socket head (allen wrench) bolts and avoid the problem.

4. Apr 15, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    snowgod06

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    ^^ yea thats what i attempted to draw lol. My gaps were big and i was happy, no bending/cutting anything!

5. Apr 15, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    NorthXNorthwest

NorthXNorthwest Well-Known Member

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport DC 4X4 Not Debaged
    BHLM, Ultra Mammoths, Husky mats, K&N non true CAI, window tint, Avid Steps and light bar.
    Damn! Just in the middle of redeploying when the group buy became active, looks like I missed it! :mad:

I shot the folks over at URD a message explaining the circumstances, hoping they hook me up. Waited almost 2 months for this deal what a burn haha!

6. Apr 15, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Keep your eyes open- If Gadget doesn't hook you up this time- There will almost guaranteed be another sale at some point

7. Apr 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Finally got around to this...and I have 4 8mm washers left over...What gives??

8. Apr 25, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    So they go between the allen bolts and the shifter assembly??

Glad I took a break to lay some paint before I sealed everything up...

9. Apr 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    snowgod06

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    yea, i set the assembly in, then set the was in top of the spacer plate and set the bolts it. Its not really talked about in the instructions but that's what i did.

10. Apr 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...I didn't see the washers mentioned in the instructions anywhere- so when i said I had 4 washers left over- It was only the 4 that come with the package. I didn't use them yet.
    I think I like what you did tho....Putting them any lower in the assembly would leave the transmission vented to the outside.

Thanks man!!

11. Apr 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    snowgod06

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    No problem. If it doesnt seem right you can always just ask G. I've had mine on for a bit and rechecked everything yesterday to make sure its all 100% and it seems fine.

12. Apr 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...I torqued it all down and drove around the block with the interior all stripped out so I could see the tunnel clearance and listen/look at it.

Everything looks solid- Time to finish painting and put the plastic parts back!!

13. Apr 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    snowgod06

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    nice, what ya painting?

14. Apr 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Just satin black on the cupholder face. So now the whole thing is black.
    I was really planning on painting today so I only have a bit of paint or I would be spraying the radio and AC vents too.

15. Apr 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM
    snowgod06

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    I've always wanted to do that, but afraid I'd screw it up and that makes me really nervous lol

16. Apr 25, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Easy as pie man. Pop it out just like the shifter install. I brought mine into the kitchen threw some soap and hot water on it. Scrubbed it with a textured sponge and then dried it off. Wiped it down with alcohol. Quick scrub with some fine sandpaper, primer, and two coats of paint. Simple.

17. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Rock Warrior 5.7L 4x4
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, 315/70R17 Duratracs, RW Wheels, Grillcraft Grill, Toyota "Raptor" Lettering and more
    Keeping with the off topic:
    Might be easy to paint it up but does it look factory?
    I have had probelms with it not being tough enough, like easy to scratch or chip almost as if the paint isnt as hard. How is yours regarding this?
    What paint? What clear coat?

18. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    It doesn't look factory at all because the factory stuff is plastic in a specific color- The paint has a completely different look.
    I used Duplicolor Satin Black automotive spray paint. I haven't cleared it yet. If I do it'll be Duplicolor. Make sure you follow the directions on whatever paint you use to make sure you are using it at the right temps and letting it cure properly.

I want to see how the paint stands up for now. I used the same paint on my wheels and I'm pleased with their wear resistance and cleanliness.

19. Apr 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    my order apparently never went through and i have no tracking numbner, who can i contact on this....i was like the 3rd person on the list as well.

20. Apr 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    PM Gadget@URD on the site here-

Silly question- but you did submit an order to the URD site with the reduced price right?? Not just the list here??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top