Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Toyota Predator Side Step Rails

Old 03-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #41
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
Tmbrwlf730,

How many on the "interested, if the price is right" list?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #42
tmbrwlf730 is on a distinguished road
tmbrwlf730's Tacoma Gallery
I have 8 people who have PM'ed me so far so including me we have 9 people on the list. I have emailed the seller asking for specs and how many people it would take to get us to the $139 like the FJ steps, or at least near there. I have not heard from him yet. I emailed him about 4 hours ago. If i don't get a reply by the morning i'll give me a call. Everyone seems excited so I'll be sure to stress that he'll have a good sale on his hands if the price is right. I did tell him I could get at least 10 people when i spoke to him yesterday and he sounded very interested so if we get more people he might get us a better deal, so keep PMing me.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #43
Avman2119 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Avman2119's Tacoma Gallery
PM Sent
Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #44
abailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud ofabailey has much to be proud of

Name: Amber
abailey's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

PM sent!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #45
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterquad View Post
Hey, if he can sell the FJ set for that price then why not for the Tacoma too??????
Hopefully he can... I'd drop $139+SH on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbrwlf730 View Post
I have 8 people who have PM'ed me so far so including me we have 9 people on the list. I have emailed the seller asking for specs and how many people it would take to get us to the $139 like the FJ steps, or at least near there. I have not heard from him yet. I emailed him about 4 hours ago. If i don't get a reply by the morning i'll give me a call. Everyone seems excited so I'll be sure to stress that he'll have a good sale on his hands if the price is right. I did tell him I could get at least 10 people when i spoke to him yesterday and he sounded very interested so if we get more people he might get us a better deal, so keep PMing me.
Let us know what he says about getting a price similar to the FJ steps. I'm in at $139. I'm out if it's much more than that. It looks like you've got over 10 guys w/ the two above, so I'll PM you with my info if the price is right.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #46
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #47
kulitxplod will become famous soon enoughkulitxplod will become famous soon enough

kulitxplod's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent last night.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #48
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent
Old 03-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #49
Bronathan05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
Bronathan05's Tacoma Gallery
Pm sent
Old 03-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #50
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
139 seems like an unrealistic price, but I'd consider it. Anybody ever deal with this seller before?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #51
kingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pm sent
Old 03-04-2010, 02:51 AM   #52
1 big skeeter has a spectacular aura about1 big skeeter has a spectacular aura about

1 big skeeter's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent
Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 AM   #53
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
any word on final price yet
Old 03-04-2010, 04:42 AM   #54
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
something tells me that this could go bad, OP you posted that they were 579 original cost for the tacoma...(another post)263 original cost for the fj...fj on sale for 139? no sale on the tacoma.

just me .02 but if it bolts to the body and you take a rock it will dent not only the step but the mounting points as well, do they have a frame mounted bolt-on or can they fab up a weld-on frame version?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #55
matt86 is just really nicematt86 is just really nicematt86 is just really nicematt86 is just really nicematt86 is just really nice
Law Enforcement: Local LEO
matt86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterquad View Post
Hey, if he can sell the FJ set for that price then why not for the Tacoma too??????
Tacoma steps are a lot longer than the FJ... More material = more money
Old 03-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #56
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt86 View Post
Tacoma steps are a lot longer than the FJ... More material = more money
True, but the material price increase would be minimal. The material cost difference is less than $5.00 for a manufacturer. The manufacturing cost for both of these units is basically the same.

Pricing is based more on what they think they can sell it for than the true cost. And each middle man doubles the cost.

I do engineering and manufacturing costing for a living. It would surprise you to learn the actual cost of the units mass produced before the overhead is added.

(The ingredients in a box of cereal cost $0.09 per pound and sells $4.00 per pound, structural pipe is costing them about $3/ft. if that.)

My whole point was they offer the FJ steps at $139 plus shipping - I am willing to go to $200 delivered.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #57
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Still waiting to hear if a deal can be made.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #59
tmbrwlf730 is on a distinguished road
tmbrwlf730's Tacoma Gallery
Okay guys the seller finally contacted me with a final price and I'm sad to tell you guys it's not very good. If we get 21-40 people we only get 3% off, 41+ will get off 6%. That's not even $20 dollars off!! I would like to look for a different seller to see if they can give up a better deal on rails like this. Do you guys care if it's bolt on or weld on? Let me know.