Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

In-Dash, Integrated Sirius Satellite Radio GROUP BUY

Old 03-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
ADKSTaco is on a distinguished road
ADKSTaco's Tacoma Gallery
In-Dash, Integrated Sirius Satellite Radio GROUP BUY

Here are the group buy prices. Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

2-5 $10 off
6-10 $15 off
10-19 $20 off
20 and up $25 off

The prices are not as good as I thought they would be. I was hoping they would be willing to work with us. So, if anyone is up for it let me know. I will be asking him if he can do any better. Thanks for checking it out.

Would anyone be interested in a group buy to hook up Sirius in your tacoma via the head unit?

There are a few options.

1) The Scc1 w/ isimple

2) The Scc1 w/ isimple and Ipod integration

They both come with an magnetic antenna but if you have the factory pre wired antenna you need this adaptor.

I should hear back from them in the next few days with prices and will post them.

THIS WILL WORK WITH 2006-2010 TACOS.

IF YOU HAVE AN "XM" LOGO ON YOUR HEAD UNIT THIS WILL NOT WORK. I THINK IT IS ONLY 2009 BUT DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT.
Check out the links for more info on fit.

Let me know.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
BlackpearlGA is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
BlackpearlGA's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I really want to get hooked up but that is freakin expensive for a adapter!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #3
I know that is why I wanted to do a group buy! I should have the price in the next day or so and will post them. Hopefully it will be a good one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackpearlGA View Post
Wow. I really want to get hooked up but that is freakin expensive for a adapter!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
launchpad14 is on a distinguished road
launchpad14's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested depending on where the price comes in. Also interested in the shark fin cable.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
I am hoping they give a good price on the antenna adapter. They sell it for $67.00. I found it on other sites for $59.00 with free shipping. So, if they don't beat that price I will let them know that we can get it cheaper elsewhere and see if they will work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by launchpad14 View Post
I'm interested depending on where the price comes in. Also interested in the shark fin cable.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
Banned
taco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura about
taco man31's Tacoma Gallery
im in the process of buying sat radio equipment to put in my 09 taco. Not sure if im going with xm or sirius yet. But i like howard so im looking more at the sirius. keep me posted
Old 03-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
Banned
taco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura about
how hard is the install? how long ?
Old 03-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
I would go with Sirius. I originally got it to listen to Howard but found myself listening to things other the Howard. Just got an email from the guy at Tss-Radio and he told me he will have a price to me tomorrow. I will post it as soon as I get it. The install should not be that difficult if you are good with that sort of thing. I saw some step-by-step directions on some threads on here. If you search for it you can get an idea of what you are getting into with the install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco man31 View Post
im in the process of buying sat radio equipment to put in my 09 taco. Not sure if im going with xm or sirius yet. But i like howard so im looking more at the sirius. keep me posted
Old 03-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKSTaco View Post
I would go with Sirius. I originally got it to listen to Howard but found myself listening to things other the Howard. Just got an email from the guy at Tss-Radio and he told me he will have a price to me tomorrow. I will post it as soon as I get it. The install should not be that difficult if you are good with that sort of thing. I saw some step-by-step directions on some threads on here. If you search for it you can get an idea of what you are getting into with the install.
is the sirius install the same as the xm install? I have seen one for the xm install, looked pretty easy
Old 03-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
It is similar to this one. But has some different part.
Quote:
is the sirius install the same as the xm install? I have seen one for the xm install, looked pretty easy
Old 03-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
kulitxplod will become famous soon enoughkulitxplod will become famous soon enough

kulitxplod's Tacoma Gallery
It is like the install for the TOY SC1 except it's the iSimple in that device's place. If you get the adapter wire for the iPod/iPhone, consider leaving enough wire out to be able to answer calls or still use your iPhone/iPod. I didn't and then adjusted how I had the wire routed. In the instances of not using my Bluetooth headset, I will still use my iPhone to talk on and having it pause the music, mute the sound, and allow me to talk is a nice added feature.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #12
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
i'll give one of you a better deal that any group buy you'll put together.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...y-upgrade.html

Comes with HD radio also...you can buy the SCC1 for about 45 bucks...puts you at 200 if you really wanted sirius radio. However you cannot use the HD radio and the Sirius, you'll have to choose one or the other when you install.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Prices will be in tomorrow! Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

Would anyone be interested in a group buy to hook up Sirius in your tacoma via the head unit?

There are a few options.

1) The Scc1 w/ isimple

2) The Scc1 w/ isimple and Ipod integration

They both come with an magnetic antenna but if you have the factory pre wired antenna you need this adaptor.

I should hear back from them in the next few days with prices and will post them.

THIS WILL WORK WITH 2006-2010 TACOS.

IF YOU HAVE AN "XM" LOGO ON YOUR HEAD UNIT THIS WILL NOT WORK. I THINK IT IS ONLY 2009 BUT DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT.
Check out the links for more info on fit.

Let me know.

Thanks
i looked on my head unit tonight and i do not see anything that says xm on it. My truck is a 2009, are we sure it will work with mine?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:19 AM   #14
I am pretty sure it will work. I was told if you don't have the XM logo and have the AM/SAT button you are good. Do you have the pre-wired antenna?
If you check with Tss-Radio.com they will know for sure. They have an online chat if you can't call.

Quote:
i looked on my head unit tonight and i do not see anything that says xm on it. My truck is a 2009, are we sure it will work with mine?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #15
Banned
Quote:
I am pretty sure it will work. I was told if you don't have the XM logo and have the AM/SAT button you are good. Do you have the pre-wired antenna?
If you check with Tss-Radio.com they will know for sure. They have an online chat if you can't call.
i have the pre-wired antenna. HOwever, my window sticker that came wiht my truck says that my truck is pre-wired for xm radio. I dont see anything about sirius. Idk if that will matter. Did we get a group buy price yet?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #16
Banned
I was just reading over the products and it says this....

Note 3:
Radios with a diversity antenna will need to make a small modification to the OEM radios main power harness in order for the HD tuner to work correctly. Please refer to included tech brief inside the PGHTY1 harness packaging. Diversity antenna systems are identifiable by having two antenna connections to the OEM radio.

can anyone tell me what that means?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #17
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
200 bucks, gtfoh. get a new readio for that cost
Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulitxplod View Post
It is like the install for the TOY SC1 except it's the iSimple in that device's place. If you get the adapter wire for the iPod/iPhone, consider leaving enough wire out to be able to answer calls or still use your iPhone/iPod. I didn't and then adjusted how I had the wire routed. In the instances of not using my Bluetooth headset, I will still use my iPhone to talk on and having it pause the music, mute the sound, and allow me to talk is a nice added feature.
so i can use both the ipod interface and the sat radio? i only ask becuase on one website is says i can connect the sat radio OR ipod. Just want to make sure i can do both.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #19
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
STERN!!!! He's gonna be gone x-mas 2010. Bummer. Guess I will have start being more productive at work.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothFox View Post
STERN!!!! He's gonna be gone x-mas 2010. Bummer. Guess I will have start being more productive at work.
WHAT!!! hes the whole reason im getting it. Where did u hear this?