Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

FEELER: Custom Sliders, Tahoe/Reno Etc area

Old 03-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: Custom Sliders, Tahoe/Reno Etc area

Hi. I'm looking at having 'Blazen Off Road' in South Lake Tahoe make up some sliders for my 09 Access Cab. The guy quoted $400 to $450 mounted and painted. He also said he'd be interested in discounting them if a few pairs could be sold at the same time. Anyone interested in the next week/month? Weld on's are cheaper.

Here is the style I'm getting built.

Thanks for looking. Let me know if you have any interest.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Be very carefull the the arch on the sliders, i'm grinding my weld on's off since the arch is to high. Make sure you have at least 1inch or clearance between the door and slider. Also the sliders should not be touching/coming into contact with the pinch welds. You will get a annoying tapping sound from it.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
Be very carefull the the arch on the sliders, i'm grinding my weld on's off since the arch is to high. Make sure you have at least 1inch or clearance between the door and slider. Also the sliders should not be touching/coming into contact with the pinch welds. You will get a annoying tapping sound from it.
Copy that on the pinch weld spacing. Thanks.

Door: 1" down or 1" out? What is the issue with the door clearance?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
From the point furthest out, you want at least one inch clearance from under the doors, your door with open along side with the sliders. Plus take into account you have rubber body mounts that will contract with weight, 4 adults at least 1cm of clearance you will lose from under the doors.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #5

Makes sense. Thanks. I'll pass that onto the builder.