1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Current Weathertech Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Fuzzyman81, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 5, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Well, I want to first say thanks for putting together this group buy.

But to be honest, I was not that impressed with these Weathertech floor mats. There a guys on this forum that rant and rave about these mats but I now realize it's because they probably paid full price and don't want to admit that they are just ok. I fell for all the "Hype" and that's my fault.:eek:. I'm just glad I didn't pay the full price but at $125 I expected more.

For example, I expect these mats to be better than perfect! The fit is ok but I expected more, don't like the fact that they hang out and are not form fitting (maybe with time they'll fit more like a glove or I probably have to put something heavy on them). The mats are thin and I will probably cut a hole in them within a few months with my left foot (where my $40 Toyota All-Weather mats have one), this was the biggest disappointment. They don't feel strong and sturdy. I wear boots and I know the heel will probably rip into them. Oh well, they still look kinda cool but I really think they are overpriced! I think $50 would have been a fair price.

Just my .02. :D

2. Apr 6, 2010 at 3:10 AM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    When did this become a piss party? Damn! If you dont like then sell them or return them...JUST MY .02:D

3. Apr 6, 2010 at 3:36 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    I know that one user had to remove is rear console in the AC to get the mat to fit. I will look for the thread. After he re-installed the console, the fit was good. I say why even get rear mats for an AC? I mean, nobody is really going to sit back there like a DC. I just some cheapo China-mart specials for the rear. Works great and my factory are pristine still.

Did you send those pics to Weatertech? There has to be a reason why it fits like that and "putting something heavy" to fix the fitment is not what one should here with the premium they put on these mats.

Mine will be here Friday and I will report back. I hope mine are OK.

4. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.

When I realized I paid to much!!!!! :eek:

But what is done is done. Again, I do appreciate the effort that was put into this group buy. I just wish I had seen these first hand because I would have reconsidered. :)

5. Apr 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    After I paid $125 for floormats that won't let me close my doors.

Really though, my issues are with WeatherTech and WeatherTech only. This isn't Fuzzy's fault at all and I definitely don't want him to feel guilty or anything. He's done a great job of getting us all a good deal and setting up this group buy. I'm just hacked that after all the hype on these mats I get these unacceptable fit issues and poor customer support - these are WeatherTech's problems.

6. Apr 6, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    ChaseUA

ChaseUA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Present: 2016 White TRD Sport DC Past: 2010 MGM TRD Sport AC 4x4
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...stalled-rear-weathertech-mats-access-cab.html

7. Apr 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
  8. Apr 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    ruskastud

ruskastud Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lenexa, KS
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    AVS Hood Shield & In Channel Ventvisors, Console Vault, Disable Seat Belt Chime, WeatherTech DigiFit Floor Liners, Lighted 4x4 Switch, Ultra-Gauge, Rear Spring TSB
    Got my tracking # tonight. Estimated delivery tomorrow. This is my second delivery. The first was delivered on Sat. Just the 2 cargo liners I ordered, no mats. Hopefully, this will be 3 sets of mats. :)

9. Apr 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    Sforza

Sforza The Forcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SRD V6
    ARE Camper
    There are plenty of posts showing how folks who have the console in back have managed to use the mat in the rear just fine. The mats fit in front, it it just takes a little time for the mats to get over being in the box. I posted pictures of the fit in my truck, a 2008 access cab and the mats in front do not fit perfectly, but they fit well and with a little time and heat from the sun, I think that they will fit even better. You are not going to find a better fitting or a more protective set of mats.

10. Apr 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    ruskastud

ruskastud Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lenexa, KS
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    AVS Hood Shield & In Channel Ventvisors, Console Vault, Disable Seat Belt Chime, WeatherTech DigiFit Floor Liners, Lighted 4x4 Switch, Ultra-Gauge, Rear Spring TSB
    I can tell you that when I got my cargo liners, and un-rolled them, they were all kinds of deformed. Left them laying out overnight, and they were good to go. Couldn't be a better fit...... Perfect!!!

11. Apr 6, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I still haven't even got mine... though I'm a bit apprehensive about it now...

12. Apr 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    dgr540

dgr540 I've got the FUNK

Member:
    Friendswood, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Wrangler Unlimited
    XDs Trail grappler 35x12.5x18 Winch 8K lbs Front bumper 4in Lift
    Mine come in today, but I am with ^^^^, I'm a little worried.

13. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    Fuzzyman81

Fuzzyman81 [OP] The New Guy

Member:
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    Mine fit like a glove - Sorry to those with Manual transmissions whose didn't fit (though I thought it said on the site that they didnt fit manual Trannsmission but I could be wrong) and for those that had shipping errors (getting the wrong items) - that kinda sucks that you have to wait longer, but you still got an awesome on mats (and other stuff if you took advantage of other deals)

14. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Yup...tracking info says that mine will be delivered today! I'll be sure to report back on the fitment. I have a 2009 DC automatic and expect them to fit just fine - like the many other satisfied customers on this website.

And I won't knock their quality and durability until I begin having issues with them.

15. Apr 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    Got mine yesterday but I haven't had the time to put them in yet. Based on those pics above and the size of my box, I'll have to pull them out tonight and maybe flatten them out before trying to put them in. We'll see. I'll post pics when I get them put in.

16. Apr 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    mr.ernst

mr.ernst Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner bone stock
    Just received mine and the passenger side came without the clip holes. I installed them to see if it would really matter, and it slides around a good bit without the clips to hold it, so I guess I'll begin the battle to return it and get the right one. Does anyone know if it would do any good to contact Mike that we ordered them from or should I contact Weathertech directly?

My invoice says 2005+ Toyota Tacoma DBL (4holes) F&R black, so that should validate that I ordered the correct ones.

17. Apr 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM
    mr.ernst

mr.ernst Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner bone stock
    Just called Mike, he's having them put the replacement mats in the box and they'll be on their way to me tomorrow. Inside will be a return shipping label which I can use to ship the others back at no cost to me. Excellent customer service.

18. Apr 7, 2010 at 3:38 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    ^^^^Mine get here tomorrow, so good to know that if there are issues, I should call Mike directly! Can you PM me his number and extention please?

19. Apr 7, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    BuffaloScout

BuffaloScout Well-Known Member

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 TRD
    Weathertech, Wet Oaks, Baby Car Seat, Flashlight Mod
    Got mine today and I love 'em. I have always bought walmart specials for all my vehicles, but since my Tacoma is by far the nicest truck I have ever owned......it was the least I could do.

20. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Got 'em and got 'em installed. Took about 3 minutes and the fit is perfect. I have pins on both sides and they lined up with the holes in the mat.

The rear mat was also a perfect fit. It's cupped just like the front mats. We carry in a lot of snow that melts on the floor and now it'll stay right in the cup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top