Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

We need a group buy for a rear off-road bumper!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #41
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
at them to the list of vendors to be considered
they are sweetheart.....ArmorTechOffroad
Old 03-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #42
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #43
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's ok
Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #44
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
I like and offroad bump to for a reasonable price of $10-15 shipped!!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #45
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
i can say it is worth the wait for a cbi bumper, it is stout.
i had a arb on my land rover for 7 years and cbi's steel is
twice as thick. i am not bashing arb, they are top notch.
i got a rear bumper b/c someone hit me, i had no clue
what i was getting, when it showed up, i could not beleive
it. it kind of sucks that you have to wait, but the nice thing
is, you only pay 50% up front. for me, that made the wait
not seem so bad. if you had to pay 100% of the cost, and then
wait all that time, it would not be good. they are making me front
bumper now, after seeing how well the rear one was i had to have
a front one. it will be ready in a month or so.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #46
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
i can say it is worth the wait for a cbi bumper, it is stout.
i had a arb on my land rover for 7 years and cbi's steel is
twice as thick. i am not bashing arb, they are top notch.
i got a rear bumper b/c someone hit me, i had no clue
what i was getting, when it showed up, i could not beleive
it. it kind of sucks that you have to wait, but the nice thing
is, you only pay 50% up front. for me, that made the wait
not seem so bad. if you had to pay 100% of the cost, and then
wait all that time, it would not be good. they are making me front
bumper now, after seeing how well the rear one was i had to have
a front one. it will be ready in a month or so.
Do you want to trade for my stock chrome bumper ? I know you do.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #47
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr540 View Post
nah, i will pass. the stock bumpers do not offer much protection
really. i did not know this until i took mine off. i tried to remove all
the black plastic on top, b/c i was going to sell it. it broke. then i
decided i would just take the bumper off the bracket. i figured someone
might want my bracket, b/c it had a hitch mount. when i did this, the physical bumper, the part you see, is so thin, that you can roll it up.
99% of the weight is the bracket. i am sure if you kicked your bumper b/w one of the mounting points to the bracket, it would bend it.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #49
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr540 View Post

Thats almost the same looking as the AllPro Rear plate bumper, except no built in hitch. If you could get 20-25% off the rear bumper then it'll be a hell of a steal. Maybe get someone to do a factory bumper mod, there's 4 mounting holes on each side. 2 on the frame where the factory bracket was and two on the bumper. The factory hitch will just be cut short.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #50
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
nah, i will pass. the stock bumpers do not offer much protection
really. i did not know this until i took mine off. i tried to remove all
the black plastic on top, b/c i was going to sell it. it broke. then i
decided i would just take the bumper off the bracket. i figured someone
might want my bracket, b/c it had a hitch mount. when i did this, the physical bumper, the part you see, is so thin, that you can roll it up.
99% of the weight is the bracket. i am sure if you kicked your bumper b/w one of the mounting points to the bracket, it would bend it.
I got two bumpers in my garage, an extra shell i got for free, and my old bumper with all the mounting bracket. The shell was in my living room and got knocked over and got a small dent like when a shopping cart rolls into your car.

With my new rear bumper i'd probably have better protection driving backwards.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #51
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I might get the ATO bumper waiting on the shipping quote.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #52
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone try to set this up yet? I sent out a pm to a few of the companies listed but have not got a reply yet. I need a rear bumper soon so hopefully this happens! I really like the cbi but he can't keep up with demand! (must be nice in this day and age) Help he has kick ass products I guess.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #53
The Sausage King of Chicago
Abe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, National Park Service
Abe Froman's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps it would help build momentum if a considerable number of us would pledge to buy. I've got a totaled bumper and cash in hand - ready to do the damn thing. Add your name only if you're serious about buying a plate -style rear bumper from a reputable manufacturer, and you're ready to do it now.

1. Abe Froman
Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #54
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
Perhaps it would help build momentum if a considerable number of us would pledge to buy. I've got a totaled bumper and cash in hand - ready to do the damn thing. Add your name only if you're serious about buying a plate -style rear bumper from a reputable manufacturer, and you're ready to do it now.

1. Abe Froman
all depends on the maunfacturer
Old 03-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #55
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
just called all pro and they are going to do one soon, asked 5 different ways and could not get a estimated start date. So if its with allpro I have $$ in hand. Would not be against cbi but we would have to wait and like abe I have a bent bumper and $$$$
Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #56
Abe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You had better luck than me. I also called All Pro today and they told me they're busy taking care of everyone in the front bumper group buy and to try back in "a few weeks".
Old 03-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #57

Also placed a call to Armor Tech, but no reply yet. I'm not interested in the wrap around version, but on second look, their bolt on bumper is lookin pretty good. Comes painted and cheaper than All Pro.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...duct-line.html
hope to hear back from them tomorrow
Old 03-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #58
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Also placed a call to Armor Tech, but no reply yet. I'm not interested in the wrap around version, but on second look, their bolt on bumper is lookin pretty good. Comes painted and cheaper than All Pro.
that's who i'd get. but i'd get the cut out one w/ hi lift spots, hitch, and shackle mounts....mmmm
Old 03-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #59

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I pm ed him a few times, really nice guy but he is backed up a till may as well. It does look nice....
Old 03-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #60
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
We'll certainly look into doing a rear bumper group buy after we finish up the front bumper group buy. We've made some pricing adjustments since the first group buy, so we'll figure out the new pricing levels soon!