Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

We need a group buy for a rear off-road bumper!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #101
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I got into an accident and insurance paid me out for the front and rear bumper. So I figure I might as well get a good bumper, and this is cheaper than OEM! I got the All Pro bumper for the front, now contempating what I wanna do with the rear. I just don't want my towing to be sacrificed. I tow more than I offroad.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #102
groundpounder17 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, 1/7 Alpha Co.
groundpounder17's Tacoma Gallery
Anything new on this? What about armor tech? I really like their wrap around bumper.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #103
justinh is on a distinguished road
justinh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Thanks Bro, be sure to post up pics!!

Up in Georgia, here is the link, http://www.kenmtn.com/html/noseguard.asp click on custom vehicles and scroll down to toyota's.

You guys should do some searching on every other off-road related forum out there before working with this guy, check the BBB too. He's been in the business of ripping people off for the better part of a decade. There doesn't seem to be a pattern though, one bumper will be perfect, same bumper for someone else won't come anywhere near fitting or will just never be delivered. Read up on Pirate, TTORA, Yotatech, any Nissan forum, etc. He may randomly turn out some decent stuff but I'll never give him a penny of my money (even though he is only 30 miles away) on account of all the people he's hassled over the years.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #104
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Good Stuff ^^^ Thanks for posting.

I'm impatient too, but we know Brandon (Avid) is in the process of hooking us up- why not just wait on a vendor that is legit and who makes a good product specific to our tacos....?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #105
groundpounder17 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, 1/7 Alpha Co.
groundpounder17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinh View Post
You guys should do some searching on every other off-road related forum out there before working with this guy, check the BBB too. He's been in the business of ripping people off for the better part of a decade. There doesn't seem to be a pattern though, one bumper will be perfect, same bumper for someone else won't come anywhere near fitting or will just never be delivered. Read up on Pirate, TTORA, Yotatech, any Nissan forum, etc. He may randomly turn out some decent stuff but I'll never give him a penny of my money (even though he is only 30 miles away) on account of all the people he's hassled over the years.

Your right on about doing the research before ordering from him. About three years ago I was looking at having him build me a bumper for my FJ40 but after doing the research I learned of way too many getting burned by him.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #106
4x Innovations
traxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud of

Name: Adam
traxman25's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is near WI and would like to come by the shop I can built a prototype and get a great introductory offer going. Give me a holler.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #107
controlled pair?
375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold

Army:
375taco's Tacoma Gallery
i am in the market for a new rear bumper mine is chrome and i hate it
Old 06-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #108
ashjwilliams is a glorious beacon of lightashjwilliams is a glorious beacon of lightashjwilliams is a glorious beacon of lightashjwilliams is a glorious beacon of lightashjwilliams is a glorious beacon of lightashjwilliams is a glorious beacon of light
ashjwilliams's Tacoma Gallery
FYI I'm selling an All Pro Off Road rear plate style bumper w/ receiver hitch for 05+ Tacoma. Any of you guys interested in a rear bumper in the OH area?

See thread here.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #109
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
If we were to do a group buy on our "newly improved" 05+ rear bumpers, how many of you would want them powdercoated? Regular price will be around $750.

See attached testing pic :
Attached Thumbnails
We need a group buy for a rear off-road bumper!-100721-4285.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #110
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm i like this thread if you guys do the group buy who wants to give me their stock bumper
Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #111
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxman25 View Post
If anyone is near WI and would like to come by the shop I can built a prototype and get a great introductory offer going. Give me a holler.
I know this thread is kinda old, but if anyone is near WI, I'd go to Adam's shop and have him get all the measurements for the 2nd gens.

I can almost guarantee that his bumper will be much less expensive than the other guys stuff. The only "drawback" that I can see from his product is that he specializes in toob, and almost all 2nd gens are running plate bumpers.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #113
4x Innovations
traxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud of

traxman25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I know this thread is kinda old, but if anyone is near WI, I'd go to Adam's shop and have him get all the measurements for the 2nd gens.

I can almost guarantee that his bumper will be much less expensive than the other guys stuff. The only "drawback" that I can see from his product is that he specializes in toob, and almost all 2nd gens are running plate bumpers.
The second gen Tacoma is defiantly in need of a plate bumper. I am yet to see a tube front or rear on any 05+ that I like.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #114
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
If we were to do a group buy on our "newly improved" 05+ rear bumpers, how many of you would want them powdercoated? Regular price will be around $750.

See attached testing pic :
Ill take one powder coated or not. I need to get rid of that silly stock bumper.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #115
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
I am game for ap or cbi,
Old 08-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #116
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
bump, lets do it
Old 08-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #117
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
I am game for ap or cbi,

We needto connract any of these guys before we start planning stuff. Cbi, relentless fab, amour tech, and all pro are the best guys out there IMO. I was gonna put kennesaw mtn ac. But they don't have there act together well enough for a group buy