Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Group Buys To Come! :)

Old 03-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #22
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brians05taco View Post
whenever is good for me
K I think I will start it up and just let people decide if they want to get in now and wait until it ends or wait to get in more towards the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
i would be interested but i need to know more about them. how much would they be for a 1st gen tacoma? and would i need to take it somewhere to get it installed? i heard its tricky to get the aimed right.
You can install it yourself its all plug and play and super easy. The aiming is also fairly easy just park your car in the driveway and mark your halogen lights aim and install hid's. After install check and see if they moved at all and if so just make the small adjustments to get you back to normal. The prices will all be listed in the group buy but for headlights its generally $124.95+shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
how much for a set of 35w?
Depends if you want headlights or foglights. But heads are $124.95+shipping and fogs are $104.95+shipping. You can see in my signature the last group buy and all the prices there.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #23
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
id like a set of 6000k for my heads and 3000k for my fogs w/ the slim balast. if were to order and pay now do i have to wait? id like to throw em in next weekend. also could i pick em up? where in so cal are you located? thanks
Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #24
cjaillet is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
cjaillet's Tacoma Gallery
I just love my set that i bought the last group buy, anyone that is not sure about going with these don't hesitate. I am going to get a set for my girlfriend's tahoe next
Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #25
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be in for some on my First Gen!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #26
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to start the group buy this coming Monday!

I will post the link to the thread in this post for you guys.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #27
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

They are super bright and the custome service from slim is great. If you wnat some HID slim is a great guy to deal with fast shipping. Thanks for everything slim.

Make sure when you install them that the metal shield is down. if not you will have a hell of a time trying to get them aligned. lol
Old 03-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #28
bama taco is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
bama taco's Tacoma Gallery
Are these Xenons?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #29
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama taco View Post
Are these Xenons?
What's your definition of Xenon ? If your definition of Xenon is blued colored bulbs then no, these would not be them. But if your definition of Xenon means HID (high intensity discharge) lights like you see on higher end vehicles like Lexus, BMW etc. then yes, they would be those.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #30
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Damn this site!

OK, I might be interested (as I am in most group buys). First off, what do they replace in the headlight assembly? Just the bulb - in addition to the ballast that is added?

Do they really increase the usable light at night? I have bad eyes and struggle a bit while driving at night. Maybe these would help?

Are they difficult to install?

What is the difference in the numbers (4K, 6K, etc)?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. And I really appreciate anyone willing to take the time to answer them.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #31
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamo23 View Post
id like a set of 6000k for my heads and 3000k for my fogs w/ the slim balast. if were to order and pay now do i have to wait? id like to throw em in next weekend. also could i pick em up? where in so cal are you located? thanks
????
Old 03-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #32
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Damn this site!

OK, I might be interested (as I am in most group buys). First off, what do they replace in the headlight assembly? Just the bulb - in addition to the ballast that is added?

Do they really increase the usable light at night? I have bad eyes and struggle a bit while driving at night. Maybe these would help?

Are they difficult to install?

What is the difference in the numbers (4K, 6K, etc)?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. And I really appreciate anyone willing to take the time to answer them.
I'm interested in these answers too. I believe that with the numbers, the higher the number, the more blue the light becomes. I think the 4k-5k bulbs put out the most white light? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 03-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #33
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
Here's where I got mine:
http://www.vvme.com/bixenon-hid-conv...-44_46_35.html

I had to add $25 for shipping to TX so for under $100 you can get the digital slim ballasts.

This shows the colors:
http://www.vvme.com/digital-slim-h43...cPath=44_46_35

I have the 4300k versions and they are very nice.. been running the non-digital ones for about a year and a half with no issues. The link above is for the H4s that are bixenon so they are replacement for the stock 2nd gen bulbs and handle hi and low beam operations.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #34
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Ya anyone looking at doing this they are a big difference especially in the Fog. I am going on 2 yrs now and have not had any problems. I have the H/L beams with the 4800 bulbs. I did half to adjust for on coming traffic cause I drive at nite a lot and was getting flashed back. So I adjusted them a littler lower than normal and no problem.
VERY HAPPY WITH THESE. Thanx SLIM
Old 03-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #35
silvertac0 is on a distinguished road
silvertac0's Tacoma Gallery
ill be gettin the bixenon 6000s woop
Old 03-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #36
sdirep is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
sdirep's Tacoma Gallery
ive been waiting for this....im interested...keep me updated.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #37
thegreatsam will become famous soon enoughthegreatsam will become famous soon enough

Name: Sam
thegreatsam's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #38
Krusey1011 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Ordnance
Name: Kyle
Krusey1011's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Veccster;1560482]Damn this site! quote]

Haha I feel the same way. I'm pretty sure I'm in too. I just need to know if they'll fit in my Hella black magic offroad lights first. If so, I'm in for headlights, fogs, and offroads. Got to be matching. Doing a little research first. I'm thinking the H1,H2,H3 refers to wattage? Pretty much the only thing I'm trying to figure out right now. That and if I'm going to want 50's for the heads n offroads.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #39
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
prices? i got in on a GB of yours back in 08.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:12 PM   #40
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I think Slim got married in March but said he would do the GB in April. I can't wait!

I read through the other group buy and plan to order hi/low heads and low fogs (H4 and H10).

The only dilemma is whether to get the 4300 or 6000!?!?!