Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 14! Ends 4/15/10

Old 04-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #201
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
where did you ground yours?
scroll up on the page i put a few pics
Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #202
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamo23 View Post
scroll up on the page i put a few pics
no i grounded mine in a different spot
Old 04-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #203
mr smitty is on a distinguished road
mr smitty's Tacoma Gallery
just got my headlights running and work flawlessly
anyone notice a small humming with lights on?
bout to do fog lights best way to get to them anybody?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #205
Dan893 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Dan893's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dan893
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smitty View Post
just got my headlights running and work flawlessly
anyone notice a small humming with lights on?
bout to do fog lights best way to get to them anybody?
either lay some cardboard down and lay on your back or a creeper if you have one thats what im going to do.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #206
mr smitty is on a distinguished road
mr smitty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan893 View Post
either lay some cardboard down and lay on your back or a creeper if you have one thats what im going to do.
could i reach them by moving the headlights out of the way?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #207
timbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timbo805's Tacoma Gallery
i just instaled them my driver side head light seems like its a 5000k its white with a tint of yellow and my right is perfect any sugestions????
Old 04-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #208
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan893 View Post
x1
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #209
youn80i is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
youn80i's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

What happen? still didn't get mine yet.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #210
Dan893's Tacoma Gallery
picked mine up from the post office after work and installed them. excellent kit the packaging alone was well put together and nice everything went together easily and the lights are amazing. they light up the whole road and dont blind people either so thats a big plus.

heres a pic after the install 6k bi-xenon heads and 3k fogs the heads look bluer in the picture than they really are.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #211
Dan893's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smitty View Post
could i reach them by moving the headlights out of the way?
i just did mine tonight there easy to get to and they just twist and pull out theres no weather boot that goes around them. i zip tied my ballast and transformer to the bottom side off the truck right under where the windsheild washer fluid is on the passenger side and under the battery on the driver side they came out good and the wiring is neat. for the cable that runs across the radiator i drilled 3 small holes in the plastic cover that goes across the top of the rad and zip tied the cable to the underside i can take pics to better show what im talking about but it came out nice and clean looking.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #212
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I got my heads installed tonight. Had some trouble with that damn clip that holds the light in. Not even sure if I got it all set right. I'll take a picture later but they are not even. One side does not have a defined cutoff like the other side.
It was a bitch getting it all set right because the boot was in the way.

Anyway, I got out and tested them tonight and they are awesome. Really light it up! Can't wait to get my fogs installed too.

I'm also ordering LED's for some of my lights too (3rd brake, license plate and maybe even the side markers). It will give the whole exterior that 'pure white / slightly blue' look.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #213
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by youn80i View Post
What happen? still didn't get mine yet.
My apologies I had a couple boxes in my trucks back seat that weren't dropped off at the post office with all the other boxes. You should have them any day they were delivered only a day later than all the others.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #214
My Taco is Blue!!!
Bu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBu11etWhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AME3 VFA83 Virginia Beach, VA
Name: Mark
Bu11etWhisperer's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the Heads installed and they look fine in the day time, will know the results tonight when I go to work. Will have to wait till tomorrow evening to put in the fogs.
For those of you having troubles I used CableTec's install guide HERE (it's is a posted Sticky) and it worked wonders. Thanks to Slim for the deal and CableTec for the know how.

Bu11et
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #215
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...me and that little freaking clip that hold the lights in the housing went at it last night. I finally won in the 9th round but it was neck and neck for a while. It came loose upon my initial install and that's why my lights were not even (as I mentioned above). I'll double check them tonight but I think they are sitting properly now.

Does anyone else notice these lights take about 10 seconds to reach their full potential? They start out rather dim and slowly build up to the insanely bright lights they are. Is that a weak battery or does everyone experience this?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #216
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
This is a trait of all HID lights. They all have to warm up upon start up.