Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 14! Ends 4/15/10

Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #21
foxfire235 is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
foxfire235's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone care to comment on the complexity of the install on a gen1 tacoma? How about adjusting your beams after the install?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #22
IamHimeros is on a distinguished road
IamHimeros's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire235 View Post
Anyone care to comment on the complexity of the install on a gen1 tacoma? How about adjusting your beams after the install?
Can't comment on the install...but I hope that you do not have a 95.5-00 with stock factory lights! They will not project correctly and blind oncoming drivers. I will more than likely get some clear headlights off of ebay (read a lot of good stuff on here and TTORA about their quality and strength) then probably do the G1 conversion with 6000 lights.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHimeros View Post
Can't comment on the install...but I hope that you do not have a 95.5-00 with stock factory lights! They will not project correctly and blind oncoming drivers. I will more than likely get some clear headlights off of ebay (read a lot of good stuff on here and TTORA about their quality and strength) then probably do the G1 conversion with 6000 lights.
hmmm i have a 2000 and wanted to pick up these lights but i have also heard that thee lights dont work well with my tacoma. what would i have to do to make it work right?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #24
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
hmmm i have a 2000 and wanted to pick up these lights but i have also heard that thee lights dont work well with my tacoma. what would i have to do to make it work right?
I have not heard of this either. I have sold to a few 2000- Tacomas and hopefully they can chime in here. I forgot what their usernames were since I have sold quite a bit on here. But I would do some searching on here and see if you can find anything.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #25
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
I have not heard of this either. I have sold to a few 2000- Tacomas and hopefully they can chime in here. I forgot what their usernames were since I have sold quite a bit on here. But I would do some searching on here and see if you can find anything.
ya hopefully some 95-00 guys can chime in here.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #26
tacoontherock is on a distinguished road

tacoontherock's Tacoma Gallery
What would the shipping be to Mililani, Hawaii 96789? Thanx
Old 03-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #27
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agree but some people don't like the little yellow tint the 4300K come with and want the light blue tint instead. I agree though both 4300k and 6000k are both the brightest setups but just depend on what color appearance you want.
Yeah, I understand the 4300 might technically be brighter but I don't want the yellow tint. The 6K are nearly as bright and have the classy blue tint to them.

I would actually prefer a 5K (or whatever would have a perfectly BRIGHT white light). Of the options I have, 6K seems the best.

I'm leaving town tomorrow but night but will order them upon my return next week. I hope to have them installed before a roadtrip in early June.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #28
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoontherock View Post
What would the shipping be to Mililani, Hawaii 96789? Thanx
The shipping is flat rate fee of $15.95 to anywhere in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Yeah, I understand the 4300 might technically be brighter but I don't want the yellow tint. The 6K are nearly as bright and have the classy blue tint to them.

I would actually prefer a 5K (or whatever would have a perfectly BRIGHT white light). Of the options I have, 6K seems the best.

I'm leaving town tomorrow but night but will order them upon my return next week. I hope to have them installed before a roadtrip in early June.
You will definitley have those puppies installed before your trip. They take about an hour to install and then it's bright nights from there on!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #29
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Mmmm tempted to get a set for the Z... but I need to find a housing first. I'll check that out and hopefully get in on it.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Mmmm tempted to get a set for the Z... but I need to find a housing first. I'll check that out and hopefully get in on it.
Sounds good I can get pretty much any bulb out there. Did you get your Taco set up yet?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #31
foxfire235 is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
foxfire235's Tacoma Gallery
So for a 2004 the install should be just as easy as Gen2 tacomas?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #32
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yes
Old 03-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #33
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Slimcubby, I'm subscribed and interested!

I have a set of PIAA 510 SMR fogs that will be going into an All-Pro bumper. The 510 SMRs have a bulb shield built into them. I would like to go with an H3 HID bulb for these lamps but I'm concerned about the HID bulb length.

Is the H3 HID bulb any longer than the standard filament bulbs? If so, any suggestions on how I can check that they will/will not fit? Its not the end of the world if I don't HID my fogs and I'll still definitely go for the HID headlights.

-Thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Slimcubby, I'm subscribed and interested!

I have a set of PIAA 510 SMR fogs that will be going into an All-Pro bumper. The 510 SMRs have a bulb shield built into them. I would like to go with an H3 HID bulb for these lamps but I'm concerned about the HID bulb length.

Is the H3 HID bulb any longer than the standard filament bulbs? If so, any suggestions on how I can check that they will/will not fit? Its not the end of the world if I don't HID my fogs and I'll still definitely go for the HID headlights.

-Thanks!
I will contact my supplier to see if the H3 bulbs are similar in size compared to the halogen bulbs. I would assume they make them similar in size to be able to fit H3 size housings. I will get you an answer asap.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #35
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Slim, can you tell us just what steps we need to do to change out the stock halogen bulb and put in the HID and ballast you are selling? Any fabrication, cutting, wire splicing? I have a 2010 Tacoma...

Also, from what you are offering what is closer to true daylight/ brightest: 4300 K or 6000 K or ??? I would be doing this for maximum night lighting, not to look like the kiddies with their blue headlights on their street racers.

Thank you!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #36
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Sounds good I can get pretty much any bulb out there. Did you get your Taco set up yet?
Nah I haven't got the Taco setup with HID yet... but I can actually see at night with it, the Z I can't see a damn thing it's so weak lol. Plus I just bought a bunch of All Pro armor and some weathertechs for it... I gotta slow down on the Taco spend'n a bit for now and focus on the Z lol...
Old 03-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Slim, can you tell us just what steps we need to do to change out the stock halogen bulb and put in the HID and ballast you are selling? Any fabrication, cutting, wire splicing? I have a 2010 Tacoma...

Also, from what you are offering what is closer to true daylight/ brightest: 4300 K or 6000 K or ??? I would be doing this for maximum night lighting, not to look like the kiddies with their blue headlights on their street racers.

Thank you!
Here is the install... Remove stock bulb, plug in new HID bulb, plug hid bulb into ballast and wiring harness, mount ballasts near each headlight, run harness to battery. Done. Super easy install and not a single modification needed. 100% fully plug and play. As for the daylight setup I would go 4300K. Any other questions just let me know. Also, be sure to PM me your order when ready. The info I need is in the first post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
I am in!
K cool! Be sure to PM me all the info requested in the first post of this thread to get in.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #40
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
Hmmm.. I am torn between 8000k and 6000k what to do!
Put one in the headlights and the other in the fogs.