Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 14! Ends 4/15/10

Old 03-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #41
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Is that price just for one set of hids or is it for healights and fogs?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #42
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Each price is for the individual kit.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #43
sdirep is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
sdirep's Tacoma Gallery
Slim..not sure if you answered this before but do you allow local pickups? I noticed your in socal and was wondering what part? Im in San Diego!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #44
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdirep View Post
Slim..not sure if you answered this before but do you allow local pickups? I noticed your in socal and was wondering what part? Im in San Diego!!!
Seriously, I am in Oceanside and would prefer to see the product in person and if I have any questions, ask in person.

I went to DDM Tuning in person to get HIDs and was so disappointed by their lack of customer service & curtosy after driving all the way down there, I wouldn't consider ordering from them... even if they are 1/3 the price.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #45
mytacoma
tquang will become famous soon enough
Name: mytacoma
tquang's Tacoma Gallery
How long the light bulb will be last? What happen if go bad? have to be special order? Can we this light bulb at regular Auto part?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #46
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdirep View Post
I don't allow local pickups. When I order these kits I get them in a bulk and box them all up together. I have a fast system so you will have your kit probably the next day I get the kits. Hope you understand but it's just easier for me and less chaotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Seriously, I am in Oceanside and would prefer to see the product in person and if I have any questions, ask in person.

I went to DDM Tuning in person to get HIDs and was so disappointed by their lack of customer service & curtosy after driving all the way down there, I wouldn't consider ordering from them... even if they are 1/3 the price.
I totally understand I would be pissed too. I don't have an office or whatever like DDM tuning. I am purely putting on a group buy for you guys and group ordering the lights. I don't carry them on hand for people to come by and check them out. So if you want to get in on the group buy you'll have to see through pictures and everyones positive feedback. If you ever need help with something and want to speak with me I can definitley help you over the phone. Ask around on here and you'll see that my customer service is outstanding compared to others. I hope you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tquang View Post
How long the light bulb will be last? What happen if go bad? have to be special order? Can we this light bulb at regular Auto part?
I don't have the specs in front of me but the light bulbs I believe last around 4,000 hours of run time. The kit comes with a 12 month warranty so if anything goes bad you can go through me. The bulbs also if you need to buy replacements you can go through me or any other store that sells HID bulbs.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #47
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you slim... I understand your reasons fine.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #48
mytacoma
tquang will become famous soon enough
Name: mytacoma
tquang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
I don't allow local pickups. When I order these kits I get them in a bulk and box them all up together. I have a fast system so you will have your kit probably the next day I get the kits. Hope you understand but it's just easier for me and less chaotic.

I totally understand I would be pissed too. I don't have an office or whatever like DDM tuning. I am purely putting on a group buy for you guys and group ordering the lights. I don't carry them on hand for people to come by and check them out. So if you want to get in on the group buy you'll have to see through pictures and everyones positive feedback. If you ever need help with something and want to speak with me I can definitley help you over the phone. Ask around on here and you'll see that my customer service is outstanding compared to others. I hope you understand.

I don't have the specs in front of me but the light bulbs I believe last around 4,000 hours of run time. The kit comes with a 12 month warranty so if anything goes bad you can go through me. The bulbs also if you need to buy replacements you can go through me or any other store that sells HID bulbs.
Thanks for your answer
Old 03-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #49

You guys are very welcome! If you have any other questions please let me know. Once you are ready to order please PM me the requested info in the first post of this thread.

Thanks!
~Slim
Old 03-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #50
Stuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Stuart
Stuardoslls's Tacoma Gallery
Question? I have a 2002 taco and not sure what HID kit to buy. I checked on-line and it says that I need a 9003 bulb? dont see it on the list do you have a kit for me?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #51

9003=h4
Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
just curious but I did not see who the manufacturer of these were?
I have the connection through my brothers wholesale shop. He told me to keep the company name disclosed because of the discounts I am giving.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #54
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
still wondering how i could make these work on my 2000
Old 03-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #55

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the connection through my brothers wholesale shop. He told me to keep the company name disclosed because of the discounts I am giving.
Hi Slim,

Please don't take the following as anything other than curiosity:

A couple of questions...

Discounts? With several other HID sources selling bulb kits for 1/2 or less this price... just how much is the 'normal' price for these better lights?

Yes, I know they work great... but does your brother really sell these for much more, and stay in business?

Sorry, but when you stage these special one time only deals every few months instead of letting us buy anytime from your brother, you could at least let us know how much we are saving by waiting for your offers?

No disrespect, and you have every right to make money for your efforts and service... It is just your 'discount' claim that had me wondering...

I do like your help, and that is worth more than what DDM charges! But, no need to say you are giving us a super secret discount over your brother's price... You can charge more because you give more! Okay?

Thanks !!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #56
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hi Slim,

A couple of questions...

Discounts? With several other HID sources selling bulb kits for 1/2 or less this price... just how much is the 'normal' price for these better lights?

Yes, I know they work great... but does your brother really sell these for much more, and stay in business?

Sorry, but when you stage these special one time only deals every few months instead of letting us buy anytime from your brother, you could at least let us know how much we are saving by waiting for your offers?

No disrespect, and you have every right to make money for your efforts and service... It is just your 'discount' claim that had me wondering...

I do like your help, and that is worth more than what DDM charges! But, no need to say you are giving us a super secret discount over your brother's price... You can charge more because you give more! Okay?

Thanks !!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #57
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The shipping is flat rate fee of $15.95 to anywhere in the United States.
When you say it's $15.95 flat rate shipping, is that per box of lights, or per order? So If I were to buy kits for my heads and fogs, would it be $16 or $32 to ship them?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
When you say it's $15.95 flat rate shipping, is that per box of lights, or per order? So If I were to buy kits for my heads and fogs, would it be $16 or $32 to ship them?
They are boxed individually and shipped so it is per kit.

Quote:
Hi Slim,

A couple of questions...

Thanks !!
I understand where you are coming from. The 'discount' is actually quite a lot compared to what my brother sells them from his store front. The kits are discounted $50+ off of what they are normally sold for. So I would think that is a pretty good discount for waiting. I am not trying to lure you in with the misconception of a discount when there really is one. If I haven't covered all your questions please let me know what I have missed. And I am not taking your questions or anybody elses questions in any wrong way.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
still wondering how i could make these work on my 2000
Have you tried searching if their really is any problems with HID's in the 2000's? The headlights come with shields so I am not to sure why the other guy would think you would be blinding anybody. I am not sure with the older housings on how they look etc but I would definitley search around and see whats up with that.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #60

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Slim... thank you... great answers, and I hope to upgrade my lights soon with your deal (when depends on my income, as I am self employed)!