Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Group Buy: APRIL 22 DEADLINE Wheelers Offroad 1st Gen Leaf Replacement

Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Group Buy: APRIL 22 DEADLINE Wheelers Offroad 1st Gen Leaf Replacement

UPDATE: This group buy is now closed. Everyone who posted before midnight 4/22 is listed. I am sending YotaDan the list today (4/25).

We are getting 15% off!

Place your orders by following the instructions in blue below!

Lots of 1st genners are looking for an improved ride and reduced axle wrap while maintaining stock or close to stock ride height and maintaining max load capacity.

YotaDan of Wheeler’s Offroad has offered us the following:

10% off if we get 10-14 buyers.
15% off if we get 15 or more buyers.

He has given us deadline of APRIL 22. Deadlines are good for everyone. He has asked for someone to head this up on the TW side. That’s me.

DEADLINE EXTENSION: Due to short notice, Yotadan is giving us until Thursday, April 22, to get our act together! So beg your spouses, cash your tax returns, and get your act together!

We are getting 15% off!

These are built by Alcan specifically for Wheeler's. Here is the product:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm

95-2000 4-leaf replacement pack, stock ride height.
95-2000 5-leaf replacement pack, 1.5 lift.

2001-2004 4-leaf replacement pack, stock ride height.
2001-2004 5-leaf replacement pack, 1.5 lift.

5-pack lift heights are approximate and depend on your cab type and whether you have a cap, box, hitch, or other constant/regular load in the back. Call Dan at Wheeler's to discuss what suits your needs and use.

4-packs are usually $449. 10% off = $404, 15% off = $382
5-packs are usually $459. 10% off = $413, 15% off = $390

Note that no sales tax is charged.

Shipping charge is additional and will vary by your location. YotaDan will need your zip code to estimate shipping. Tacomaman6 had these shipped all the way to South Carolina, and said it wasn’t that bad, considering they are heavy.

Instructions:
  1. Copy the list and paste it into a new reply.
  2. Add your user name and zip code.
  3. On APRIL 22, I give the list to Dan.
  4. After APRIL 22, you call Dan at Wheeler’s Offroad: 541.474.2879. Tell him you are on the list; he will confirm this with the list I give him. You must be on the list.
  5. Place your order with Dan. He can work out the shipping estimate for you.
  6. Once Dan has the required number of orders lined up with credit card information, he will process them with the discount. 10% for 10 orders, 15% for 15 orders or more.
A number of us have discussed this group buy and these springs for a couple weeks. You can check out those threads and pics here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/81221-my-leaf-springs-shot.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/81547-who-has-wheelers-offroad-1st-gen-replacement-leafs.html

If you have an Xtra Cab, Double Cab, or a cap, or a hitch, or some combination of these, you may wish to consider the 5-leaf. But you’ll need to do your homework and make your own decision.

Let’s go, people!

1. scocar 95817
2. mortuusangelus 07410
3. chadwick 59501
4. blake 30097
5. barnocg 46383
6.Quattrokiwi 95453
7. steve o 77 - 87048
8. MTgirl - 59714
9.blitz10 79602
10.TacomaJack09 41071
11. walindour - 98392
12. Loudpedal - 87121
13. ubnpast - 07830
14. geezer55 - 15037
15. RedlegETT-88047
16. exminnesotaboy-64015
17. Mr.Fahrenheit - 94559
18. 3.4L - 95008
19. mjhenks - 92646
20. mjhenks - 92646 (Yes, i need 2 sets)
Old 03-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
chadwick is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Chad
chadwick's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about 96% sure that I'm in.My springs say yes, but my wallet says ouch. I'll decide for sure well before the 31st. If we are the only two, do we get a 2% discount? HA!!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
mjhenks is on a distinguished road
mjhenks's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for stepping up and thank you Wheelers. Doing my homework...

So the discount extending to the mouinting hardware got shot down? Seams like alot of us will need that too.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhenks View Post
Thank you for stepping up and thank you Wheelers. Doing my homework...

So the discount extending to the mounting hardware got shot down? Seams like alot of us will need that too.
I discussed the idea of a discounted "install packet" that would include the leafs, front mounting bolt, U-bolts, and shackles with Dan. He said he couldn't do that across the board, but when you call him to tell him what you need, he will "see what he can do" on a case-by-case basis. Maybe if you have a longer shipping distance (and associated expense), he can help you out a little bit...just an idea.

I gotta say, though, that after hearing what the dealers want for the OEM crap springs (More tham $700) that will still suck, I can't see how any of us would do any better in the long term.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
mortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant future

Name: Michael
mortuusangelus's Tacoma Gallery
I will more than likely be adding my name by Monday. Have to make sure I can still clear my bills...
Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed.....hope i can get on the list.....

gotta check with wifey first....let the sweet talkin' begin
Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
mortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant future

Well, I need the springs.. so I'm in. Getting new main eye bolts & u-bolts as well.

1. scocar 95817
2. mortuusangelus 07410
Old 03-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
chadwick is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Chad
chadwick's Tacoma Gallery
Will we get seven more wives to say YES??

1. scocar 95817
2. mortuusangelus 07410
3. chadwick 59501
Old 03-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think i'm out....too much other stuff im wanting to buy right now.

think i'll just do an AAL for the time being.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:53 AM   #10

*BUMP* come on guys.. where are the people who were interested?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #11

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortuusangelus View Post
Yeah, where is everyone who was so interested before?

If we get 15 buyers, the 5-pack is $70 off! And no sales tax! That is a deal.

If you need these, you are going to be hard pressed to find a better deal.

March 31 Wednesday midnight PST is the deadline.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #12

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortuusangelus View Post
Hey, so in your sig I see that you have AALs. So did they not work out for you? Or are they just old and rusted out from NY road conditions?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #13

Didn't even get a chance to put them on... the driver's side leaf pack is almost flat, the passenger side is going the wrong way.. AALs won't help now.. so I need new springs.. might as well go with the 5 leaf so I can get my 1.5" lift without the AALs.. then they'll be up for sale.. Hell they were only out of the box for the 15 minutes I took pictures of 'em the day they arrived.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #14

*bump*
Old 03-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #15
Go Braves!

bump....i still may do this.....

I need them badly.

come on people!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #16
mjhenks is on a distinguished road
mjhenks's Tacoma Gallery
I have two interested but we are still trying to figure out if this is the right move to solve axle wrap. We will be last minute.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #17

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Wake up, West Coast! We only have 36 hours to pull this off.

15 people gets us 15% off. You know you need the springs. You know you won't fix this any cheaper. Insert credit card, be happy.

Let's get that $70 off the 5-packs, baby! We only need 11 more (bloody hell ) people!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #18
Go Braves!

lets go folks.

i dont think we're gonna make it.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #19

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1012 View Post
lets go folks.

i dont think we're gonna make it.
DOH! I was thinking that after the first couple days. Out of all the group buys, it seems this is one that is extremely justifiable. Scan guage, custom bumpers, CAIs? You can live without those.

Saggy-ass, bumpy, unstable-at-speed-in-corners leafs springs that cause annoying axle wrap? Give it up.

Try this:
"Honey, it is for your safety and the kids. Without good traction, the vehicle is harder to control, which could lead to an accident. So, if you don't let me buy these springs, that means you want to kill our children, yourself, and me. But I know you aren't a homicidal suicide case, so honey, snookums, please reconsider...."
Old 03-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
Go Braves!

lmao good one