Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Group Buy for 2005+ 2.7L doug thorley header

Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
Group Buy for 2005+ 2.7L doug thorley header

Hey i justed want to see who would be in for a group buy on the 2005+ 2.7L doug thorley header. Just need to see if anyone else would be in for a header before i contacted to get good rate for them. I saw that Customtacos.com guys got a group buy for them in 2007 so i wanted to get one started.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
tomonian77's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't mind my truck being louder, sure if the price is right.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
If the price is right. Also, will this void any part of my power-train warranty?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you want the 2.7L doug thorley when LC engineering makes a far superior header for the exact price, AND sell you the factory gaskets?

Check www.lcengineering.com and search 2TR-GFE

If you get a group buy on THAT header, I would definitely be interested.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery

depending on the price i might be in

would really like to see more gains from idle to 2500, but that seems like asking for too much with this 4 popper
Old 03-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
Black08Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Black08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Im game, was gonna get one of them anyways. why not try and get it for a discount. As for the power numbers, it can depend on what type of dyno they are using.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #10
Cappy Cap will become famous soon enough
Cappy Cap's Tacoma Gallery
I suscribed to this thread in hopes of a group buy from LC, i was gonna get there parts anyways so i would like to see where this goes. I'd like to see a group buy on all there stuff cuz i was gonna get the short throw too
Old 03-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Notice that the LC engineering header is all equal-length pipes, the doug thorley is not. that is the main difference and the reason why I'd prefer that one over the DT, IMHO
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
Triumph843 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Triumph843's Tacoma Gallery
I'd also be interested if the price is right.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonian77 View Post
I wouldn't mind my truck being louder, sure if the price is right.
They won't make your truck that much louder, not like changing the muffler will. I have the DT header and I couldn't tell a difference in the sound of my exhaust, but I only have the stock exhaust so I can't say how much of a difference it would make with an aftermarket.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Is it direct bolt on replacement or would you need to change the exhaust after the header?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
Is it direct bolt on replacement or would you need to change the exhaust after the header?
You can use it with the stock exhaust- plus most of the time unless you do the TRD the section between your header and the muffler stays stock usually because of the cats.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota1 View Post

depending on the price i might be in

would really like to see more gains from idle to 2500, but that seems like asking for too much with this 4 popper
I agree with the gains below 2500. I don't like how the dyno charts don't show below 2500. I can only guess that they don't show it because there aren't any gains there. It would also correspond to why I don't feel any difference during normal driving (2500 and below). So just FYI, don't expect a drastic difference unless you rev it above 2500, at least with the DT.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #17

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
You can use it with the stock exhaust- plus most of the time unless you do the TRD the section between your header and the muffler stays stock usually because of the cats.
Correct and you can use the stock manifold gaskets with the DT.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #18
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested depending on price and how my funds are. The LC Engineering one would be preferred because of the equal length tubes.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to see a real chart from LC, showing actual tq and hp. if their numbers are better than DT i'd be in for a group buy