Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

2.7 URD Short Shifter

Old 03-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 URD Short Shifter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**THIS IS NOW OVER**
PRICE ON THE URD WEBSITE IS BACK UP TO $149.99. HOPE EVERYONE THAT WANTED ONE GOT ONE.

URD SHORT SHIFTER GROUP BUY $99.99

CLOSING DATE: APRIL 5th 2010
Spread the word around to anyone else who might want this.

On April 5th or 6th, I will contact URD and submit our order. Hopefully I will be able to get a ETA on shipping right away. Keep checking back for updates.

After talking with Gadget @ URD, we can get the short shifter for the 2.7 at $99.99 if we get 10 or more orders. Regular retail is $149.00

Product: http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260198043
Install: www.gadgetonline.com/shifter.pdf

PM me the following info in you want one:

Name (First / Last)
Email
Drivetrain type (4wd or 2wd)

I will post more details for ordering and closing date, although it would be nice to have this complete in 2-3 weeks, or less!

I think what I will do is once we get 10 people, I will post a last call in here giving anyone else a couple of days to get in on this.

All updates will be made to this first post.

Copy the list and add your user name.

1. doodle_cakes
2. c.morris89
3. wilard417
4. PSJ
5. volcom7377
6. Schully
7. Black08taco
8. djplan
9. speckdzl4shzl
10. Motoretro
11. Ruizbr
12. neslerrah
13. beetlejuice2275
14. huff.jeremy
**List updated 3/31/10**
Old 03-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
adding someone who pm'ed me. If everyone could post in here and add to the list and also pm me that would be great

1. doodle_cakes
2. c.morris89
Old 03-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
bump for a good deal on a good product
Thanks. Ya $50 off (1/3) is an awesome deal! Better get 10 people.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
copernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the rough

copernicus's Tacoma Gallery
Uh...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...t-shifter.html
Old 03-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
That group buy looked incredibly unorganized and does it even include the 2.7?

This one is just for the 2.7s and I'm hoping to bang this out quickly, rather than wait weeks - months just to save the $50. There was a thread in the 4banger section here and there was a lot of interest in this.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is in the mail! As I told Doodle Cakes, I ordered mine Sunday and they already shipped! I could not wait for the GB since I have a trip coming in 2 weeks and would like to have the SS for that.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
copernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the rough

copernicus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle_cakes View Post
That group buy looked incredibly unorganized and does it even include the 2.7?

This one is just for the 2.7s and I'm hoping to bang this out quickly, rather than wait weeks - months just to save the $50. There was a thread in the 4banger section here and there was a lot of interest in this.
Gadget doesn't do "group buys", he'll drop the price for a while.

(as seen on the last page he's waiting on a shipment to come in before he does so.)

That's what happened with the last "group buy" I hounded him for, and the previous one before that was put together. He'll more than likely put both the 4.0 and 2.7 on sale at the same time.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
1. doodle_cakes
2. c.morris89
3. wilard417
Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
1. doodle_cakes
2. c.morris89
3. wilard417
4. PSJ

people are more than welcome to add their own name too...
Old 03-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #12
beetlejuice2275 will become famous soon enough

Name: Reximus
beetlejuice2275's Tacoma Gallery
beetlejuice2275 - Shoot me an email when we get ten.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #13
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
any pics of one installed?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
any pics of one installed?
Well, it doesn't change anything to how the truck looks. But there are install pictures in the instruction link in my first post.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #15
volcom7377 is on a distinguished road
volcom7377's Tacoma Gallery
volcom7377 im in for sure
Old 03-30-2010, 02:25 AM   #16
hitaco is on a distinguished road
hitaco's Tacoma Gallery
so is this only for the 2.7??? if its also for the 4.0 den im down
Old 03-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #17
Yea I think there is one for the 4.0 going already. I dunno, it seemed pretty unorganized

1. doodle_cakes
2. c.morris89
3. wilard417
4. PSJ
5. volcom7377
6. Schully
Old 03-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #18
Black08Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Black08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
1. doodle_cakes
2. c.morris89
3. wilard417
4. PSJ
5. volcom7377
6. Schully
7. Black08taco
Old 03-30-2010, 07:06 AM   #20
jassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura about

jassco's Tacoma Gallery
First, this is a GREAT product! Just a little FYI......

Just want people to be aware that on some later models there could be some tight fitment. As you can see I had to grind my sheet metal to allow enough room for the longer screws. This isn't always the case but it required some extra tools. This is mine and it's a 2.7L. I think this was more of the trans aligned to the body(toyota issue), but a lot of people have reported this. The access hole is also a lot smaller then pitcures in older install guides. You must turn the shifter sideways to even get it through on mine.

Below are pictures of what I had to grind on the actual spacers they ship you as well. Again not a huge deal but required a trip to the store for dremel sanders. Some stock shifters are out of spec( like mine was). Grinding the spacers out on the inside allowed them to fit properly over the extender. URD is aware of this and before have helped or refunded which speaks highly of them, but I think it's a smaller portion of newer tacomas.