Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Group Buy On Red Line Hood Struts!!!

View Poll Results: What kind of Quick Lift Hood Strut are you getting?
Quick Lift Basic 19 32.20%
Quick Lift Plus 24 40.68%
Quick Lift Elite 16 27.12%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #301
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Had this saturday off so thought i'd go install my redlines. I got the basic. Kinda wish i took the time to paint my brackets. Oh well.

followed instructions. all together it took me about 2 hrs. only because i was procrastinating about drilling into my truck. haha.

Here are the hood brackets. attached with the supplied rivets.

Below are the lower brackets. the right side i had no problem with. but for some reason the left side was a pain. if you look closes at the 2 pics below, my left one is i guess too much to the left. it was hard to get my rachet on the bolts.

All in all even with my brackets (i'm pretty sure are off by a few mm) they work great.

I don't know about anyone else but i twisted my struts so that the REDline sticker shows out.
I was not aware that the struts just snap into place. I tought they would be secured with something but i guess not.

Also don't know about the rest of you guys but in the instructions it says to cycle the struts before install. I had a hell of a time trying to compress them as shown in the instructions. So i just installed them without doing that, and once both were attached, i just shut my hood about 10 times to cycle it that way.

I measured it and it takes 12inches of lift before it starts to rise all the way automatically.
I just kept opening and close my hood.....just so much fun. lol
Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #302
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
^ I also twisted mine so the red line sticker was facing out. I wanted it to show for the photos. I compressed mine on the carpet like the instructions said but it was a pain in the ass. Not sure why they say to do it when they know we are going to open and close our hoods 10 times just because because we are so happy to have them installed.

I to was a little nervous taking a drill to my new truck but it was well worth it. I could not be happier with this product. Thanks again to Red Line and whoever organized the group buy. These things are awesome.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #303
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post

I don't know about anyone else but i twisted my struts so that the REDline sticker shows out.
I was not aware that the struts just snap into place. I tought they would be secured with something but i guess not.

Also don't know about the rest of you guys but in the instructions it says to cycle the struts before install. I had a hell of a time trying to compress them as shown in the instructions. So i just installed them without doing that, and once both were attached, i just shut my hood about 10 times to cycle it that way.

I measured it and it takes 12inches of lift before it starts to rise all the way automatically.
I just kept opening and close my hood.....just so much fun. lol

Mine starts to raise as soon as i unlatch it in the front. Maybe the difference is I cycled mine before I put them in?
Yes It was a PITA but well worth it!!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #304
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
Mine starts to raise as soon as i unlatch it in the front. Maybe the difference is I cycled mine before I put them in?

now you got me thinking about the cycling.

Any else got feedback on how soon the hood rises when unlastched?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #305
The Forcer
Sforza will become famous soon enoughSforza will become famous soon enough

Name: Rich
Sforza's Tacoma Gallery
I cycled mine a few times before I installed them and I have to lift the hood about 6 to 8 inches before it starts to take over and lift itself. I like the way it speeds up until about half way and then it slows down to a gentle stop.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #306
bruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant future
Navy: ET1
Name: Scott
bruinsrme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post

I dont have them but Dan showed them to me in action.

When's the next group buy?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #307
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my Elites installed. No pictures yet. I found it helpful to shave some of the rubber caulk off to give a better mounting surface for the bottom flanges, and instead of using a color matched paint I just gave a small blast of Ace Rust-off black paint. Not worried about color matching because it was under the hood.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #309
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, will there be another group buy?????
Old 04-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #310
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco GTR View Post
yeah, will there be another group buy?????
Depends on how many more people will be willing to get in on it.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #312
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got mine installed last night and all I can say is I love these things. Thanks so much for setting this GB up.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #314
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex352 View Post
i have waited nearly one month for my struts to come in but redline tuning does not answer their phone or reply to my emails. This is BS
Hey dont worry man, im on the same boat as you and im the one who set this up. lol. Just PM your name and your shipping address and ill try to contact the guys there this weekend and see whats going on and try to figure it out for ya.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #315
Alex352 is a glorious beacon of lightAlex352 is a glorious beacon of lightAlex352 is a glorious beacon of lightAlex352 is a glorious beacon of lightAlex352 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Alex
Alex352's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid89 View Post
Hey dont worry man, im on the same boat as you and im the one who set this up. lol. Just PM your name and your shipping address and ill try to contact the guys there this weekend and see whats going on and try to figure it out for ya.
Ok thanks man! PM sent
Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #316
deejaecee is on a distinguished road
deejaecee's Tacoma Gallery
Superior Customer Service!

I just wanted to share my experience with Redline Tuning. I ordered a set of struts during the GB and was supposely shipped to my home but I never received it. I emailed Redline and got a response back within 24 hours. Brian from Redline emailed me back and told me to wait to see if FedEx could locate it. I filed a claim with FedEx but they were unable to locate the package. I then emailed Brian back and he sent me out a new set the next day. I after 2.5 weeks of waiting I got the struts in the mail today. Redline tuning has some top notch customer service! Ill psot pics when they are installed.

D.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #317
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
I cycled mine a few times before I installed them and I have to lift the hood about 6 to 8 inches before it starts to take over and lift itself. I like the way it speeds up until about half way and then it slows down to a gentle stop.
X2.

Hey Will thanks again for setting up this GB. For anyone that doesnt have any hood struts and is interested in getting some? GET SOME!!!! They are awesome!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #318
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
X2.

Hey Will thanks again for setting up this GB. For anyone that doesnt have any hood struts and is interested in getting some? GET SOME!!!! They are awesome!!!
yes, thanks a ton

they are great....
Old 05-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #319
shockme is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Patrol Sgt.
Name: Todd
shockme's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for the next group buy...bring it on dammit.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #320
opportunityisnowhere!
wolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nice

Name: David
wolfe0zero's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious if anyone with a 08-10 actually bought the EZdown (Regardless of the fact they say they aren't compatible) and made it work? That's actually the reason I originally got in on this group buy but didn't want to be the guinea pig.