Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

FEELER: TRD Cat Back Exhaust GROUP BUY

Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #81
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
It was $357.50 shipped. Shipped on the 12th, arrived and installed on the 15th. Install took all of 15 min and didn't require jacking up the truck. It really is just the two bolts. Hardest part was getting the hangers off which was easily fixed with a little spray lubricant. I love it so far. Sound is perfect imho. Louder but not obnoxious.
I hope they still have this deal in a couple of months. Post up some pics if you have them!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #82
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I want that Intake too. But I wonder what kind of magnaflow muffler would be good as well.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #83
Kernel is on a distinguished road
Kernel's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately all I took was a side-by-side. I'll try to remember to take a pic of it on the truck tomorrow. What you see is exactly how they shipped it. Kind of odd but no dents or scratches. All that was on it was a piece of cardboard around the tip for protection. I found it easier to put the rubber hangers on the exhaust rather then leave them on the truck mounts and fight with exhaust+hangers under the truck.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #84
Rufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant future

Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
It was $357.50 shipped. Shipped on the 12th, arrived and installed on the 15th. Install took all of 15 min and didn't require jacking up the truck. It really is just the two bolts. Hardest part was getting the hangers off which was easily fixed with a little spray lubricant. I love it so far. Sound is perfect imho. Louder but not obnoxious.
15 minutes. That ez? How does that price compare to the group buy?

Very useful info, Kernel. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #85
Kernel's Tacoma Gallery
No one was able to get a group buy setup and I've been itching to do something to the truck...forum is helping me keep the economy going. Local dealer wanted list @ $495. trdparts4u was at $390 w/o shipping. All in all I think it would be hard to find a better deal than what shoptrd is offering.

Yes it really was that easy. I had a buddy help guide it over the rear axle while I held the front portion. Another set of hands makes the install much simpler.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 AM   #86
Avman2119 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Avman2119's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if my local dealer would match shoptrd's price? I'll have to ask them.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #89
frybike6 will become famous soon enough
frybike6's Tacoma Gallery
I got sick Of waiting and just ordered mine off shoptrd. Are there any write ups on how to do this?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #90
Kernel's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't find any but it was really simple. Remove the two bolts, Remove the rubber hangers, and then thread the exhaust up and over the rear axle. Install is pretty much the reverse.

A few tips:
After removing the front bolts I used what ever was laying around to prop the exhaust up. In my case, an old box. Kept it from sagging/falling on me while I undid the rubber pieces holding it up.
2) I removed the rubber hangers off the frame of the truck instead of the exhaust. I then moved them from the old to the new cat back. I found it much easier to attach them to the frame mounts rather than fight the exhaust, if that makes sense.
3) if you have trouble sliding the rubber pieces off, try using dish soap and water or some other lubricant. I used a can of silicone spray lube. Worked great.
4) Have a friend help move it over the rear axle. Pay attention to the brake lines/etc as not to damage them.

Note: I did this without jacking up the truck. There is plenty of clearance at the stock height, I do however have the TSB leafs.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #91
yotatoy is on a distinguished road
yotatoy's Tacoma Gallery
im interested
Old 06-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #92
mjp_tx is on a distinguished road

mjp_tx's Tacoma Gallery
I think this is pretty much dead now. Shoptrd seems to be the lowest online vendor unless you can get your local dealer to price match.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #93
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
shoptrd is the lowest you will find around. I received mine on Friday and had it installed about 20 minutes later. I was way disappointed of how they shipped it, mine didn't even have a cover on the chrome exhaust tip. It did have a tiny 1/2" size dent in the top of the tip but it was far back enough you can't even see it.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #94
pete2nice is on a distinguished road
Name: Peter
pete2nice's Tacoma Gallery
interested depending on price.