1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TWM Weighted Shift Knob Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Schully, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 8, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    Schully

Schully [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 2.7 AC 4x4
    TWM Performance line up of high end stainless steel weighted shift knobs

When upgrading to a TWM Performance short shifter, people often thing that they have done everything to improve the shift feel of their vehicle. They often forget the benefits that a heavy weighted shift knob can have on the shifting feel of a car. A heavier shift knob carries more kinetic energy and momentum with it when set in motion than a stock, lighter shift knob. This effect of carrying more momentum makes the shift knob more difficult to stop when set in motion, so it essentially helps you engage the next gear. This results in a smoother shift feel with less direct effort required from the driver to engage the next gear. Basically a heavier shift knob smooths out the shift feel, and almost makes the shift feel effortless.

The other great advantage of a TWM weighted shift knob, and another exclusivity in the industry, is our NTIS® technology. A universal shift knob that retains the stock thread-on design and that is fully height adjustable. TWM shift knobs are the ONLY shift knobs in the industry with these features and it means they can be installed in virtually every car with a threaded shifter shaft. In the case of the Corvette with a stock shifter, threading the stock shaft can easily be done with a regular Die.

These shift knobs are compatible both with the manual shifter in Toyota
    trucks and the transfer case shifter.

Here are the different finishes;
    [​IMG]

M1 Abrams

The M1 Abrams is one of our best selling shift knobs. It’s round shape fits perfectly in the palm of the hand and weighing in at 460 grams, solid and precise shifts are assured all the time, every time. The M1 Abrams is threaded as deeply as possible to offer the lowest setting you can get compared to the stock shift knob.

[​IMG]

A6 Leopard
    Another one of our highly popular shift knob is the A6 Leopard weighted shift knob. Featuring a similar shape as the M1 Abrams but with a bottom collar for people who like more room between the shift knob and the shift boot, this shift knob weighs 485 grams for a positive shift feeling.

[​IMG]

Type R
    Another very popular shift knob is the Type R weighted shift knob. Like every TWM shift knob, it is threaded as deeply inside as possible for maximum height adjustability.

[​IMG]

Piston

Brand new to the TWM shift knobs line up is the TWM Piston weighted shift knob. Inspired by rally and track race, this new model features the quality and durability you have come to expect out of every TWM Performance product.

The design of this shift knob is inspired by the traditional piston shape you all know but with a smooth and unique TWM touch for the best grip and shift feeling you can get. Weighing in at 520 grams, this new shift knob will give solid and precise shifts to your car.

[​IMG]

BIG Type R

One of our latest editions to our family of shift knobs is the Big Type R weighted shift knob. Based on our popular Type R shift knob, the Big Type R RL is 15% bigger in every angle than the regular Type R shift knob.

[​IMG]

Classic
    The original TWM Performance Shift Knob ... the Classic. Its extremely smooth and clean styling offers a timeless and classy look to your interior.

[​IMG]

Desert Eagle
    TWM Performance has combined the design of our Classic shift knob with the dimensions of our popular .44 Magnum shift knob resulting in our heaviest weighted shift yet! The famous smooth shape of this awesome shift knob is already well known but never before has it been offered with this magnitude. Get smooth classic styling while substantially improving your shift feel thanks to 600 grams of billet stainless steel.

[​IMG]

Bombshell
    Though unorthodox in styling, our new Bombshell shift knob is designed to provide the largest range of comfortable grip positions possible. Your shifting will be more comfortable than ever thanks to its unique shape and smooth curves. Weighing in at 590g, the bombshell provides a much more solid, effortless shift by acting as a counterweight during shifting.

[​IMG]

.44 Magnum
    Featuring a unique 6-shooter bolt pattern top, this shift knob will be your weapon of choice for the best shifting experience possible!!! Weighing in at 1.29lbs (585g) you can rest assured your shifts will be smooth and easy with little effort.

[​IMG]

*I am not affiliated with TWM. The above descriptions of the shift knobs have been copy pasted from TWM.

Check their website for pricing information. Also note, shift patterns are only available for select knobs for an extra $16.95.
    http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/

5-10 orders: 10% discount over retail price

10+ orders: 15% over retail price

If you are interested please PM me the following information
    Name
    User Name
    Email Address
    Shift Knob
    Finish
    Shift pattern (optional)

I hope to end this group by when we get over 10 orders so we can get that 15% discount.

This first post will be updated as the GB progresses.

1. Schully (M1 Abrams, Gun Metal, 5 Speed Shift Pattern)

2. Apr 9, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Those shift knobs better give me some sort of magical powers for $100!

3. Apr 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    TDOGGY

TDOGGY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Salt Lake, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Grill color matched, shifter ball, shell, 5100's all the way around.....
    Does it come with lube? Im thinking it should.

4. Apr 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    tacomakid89

tacomakid89 Awesome Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black, 4x4, TRD Sport Tacoma
    Hard Wired GPS, Scan Guage II, URD Short Throw Shifter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, LED Mag Lite on seat side,Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Removed Front License Plate, Tint Cover Over Rear License Plate, Removed Secondary Air Filter, 13" Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint Rear, 20% Tint Front, Bed Extender, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Fog Light On Anytime Mod, Dual Halo Projection Headlights, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, King coilovers with remote resi in front, Kings with remote resi in rear, Deaver J66 leaf packs, TC UCAs up front.
    Thats pretty expensive. Any chance they'd go lower than that.

5. Apr 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    TacomaTSP4

TacomaTSP4 Go Big or Go Home!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Rohnert Park, CA
    do students get the addition 5% to what ever %off we get for this group buy?

6. Apr 10, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    what kind of Horse Power are we looking at from these?

7. Apr 10, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    Niknaq

Niknaq Phightin Phils 2008 Champs

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4wd 2.7L Regular Cab
    Dumped exhaust, 35 % factory tint, kobalt slim line toolbox, afe pro dry, toyota all weather mats, fog lights soon.
    +5 hp, duh

8. Apr 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    I had a TWM short shifter in my 4G Eclipse. Good product. Forgot which knob I had. Some round one? But it was a nice product. But yes, price is a little steep.

9. Apr 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Nice Product, but too expensive... I can think of a few other things I'd spend that $ on...
    Thanks though...:D

10. Apr 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    kcbmx

kcbmx doing my thing.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marco
    Bakersfield CaLiFoRnIa
    Vehicle:
    2tr-fe 4wd
    spit cup, weathertech floor mats, riffle rack, and bilsteins.
    two tanks of gas lol

11. May 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    jiveturkee

jiveturkee Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Tacoma, Wa
    Vehicle:
    '11 T|X Pro
    TRD short shift Pelfrey built front bumper
  12. May 25, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    Uncle Cliffy

Uncle Cliffy Never tell me the odds.

Member:
    First Name:
    Clifford
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4x4
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/uncle-cliffys-build.327590/
    I happened upon one of these for a good price, and installed it with the short shift kit from URD. The weight of it sure helps getting the truck into reverse.

Really worth it, even if you can't get it cheap.

13. May 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    jiveturkee

jiveturkee Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Tacoma, Wa
    Vehicle:
    '11 T|X Pro
    TRD short shift Pelfrey built front bumper
    I'm willing to stack the military and the group buy discount for 20% off before shipping. At $132 that's a better price than you can find anywhere and I'm willing to do it for the users of this site because people here have helped me out in the past.

14. May 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    I have a m1 abrams and its a bad mothafucker! I know it doesnt seem like its worth the price but for how beautifully machined it is and for how much it really does help with the throw when shifting, it was worth it to me! Im very happy I bought mine and got rid of that pos stock leather wrapped one!

15. Feb 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    SocoandLime

SocoandLime Active Member

Member:
    Anyone still interested in this in 2013?

EDIT: I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. Got enough of a discount that waiting around here for another possible $5-$15 off wasn't worth the time. I'll update with a review if anyone cares

16. Feb 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    egres

egres Well-Known Member

Member:
    DELCO PA
    Vehicle:
    13 singel cab - 2WD - manual - 17K before tax:)
    Bench-seat covers $180 (Can't believe its not leather),Bed Liner $375 (Bed rug), Roof rack $180 (Rhino-rack 2500 Series, plus DK clamps and pads), Modified Bed extender $85 (Extend-A-Truck 944 Truck Bed Extender), Hood lift assist $80 (RedlineTuning), Hood light $53 (tacomaworld.com âtacodaneâ), Hitch receiver $120 (Curt Manufacturing 13323 Class III Receiver), T connector for trailer $43 (CURT Manufacturing 55513 T-Connector), Manuel tailgate lock $30 (gatekeeper tailgate lock), Tailgate assist $28 (Sachs SG329900EZ Lift Support), Tailgate lock $67 (Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock Tailgate Lock PL5301), Spare tire lock $12 (Trimax ST30 Trimaflex Spare Tire Cable Lock), Hardwired battery float charger $20 (Schumacher SE-1-12S-CA Fully Automatic Onboard Battery Charger - 1.5 Amps) , Vin # Glass etching $33 (vinguard.org), Easy oil drain plug $30 (Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve), Floor mats $80 (Husky Liners 2-Piece Front Liner 2-Piece Front Liner), out of space :)
  17. Feb 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    jamesinkeys

jamesinkeys Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    florida keys
    Vehicle:
    pre runner
    pimped
    T.M.W. How about a spring loaded button on top for a A/T? Realize more spendy, but I would be in line for one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top