Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

TWM Weighted Shift Knob Group Buy

Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
Schully is a jewel in the roughSchully is a jewel in the roughSchully is a jewel in the rough

Name: Aaron
Schully's Tacoma Gallery
TWM Weighted Shift Knob Group Buy

TWM Performance line up of high end stainless steel weighted shift knobs

When upgrading to a TWM Performance short shifter, people often thing that they have done everything to improve the shift feel of their vehicle. They often forget the benefits that a heavy weighted shift knob can have on the shifting feel of a car. A heavier shift knob carries more kinetic energy and momentum with it when set in motion than a stock, lighter shift knob. This effect of carrying more momentum makes the shift knob more difficult to stop when set in motion, so it essentially helps you engage the next gear. This results in a smoother shift feel with less direct effort required from the driver to engage the next gear. Basically a heavier shift knob smooths out the shift feel, and almost makes the shift feel effortless.

The other great advantage of a TWM weighted shift knob, and another exclusivity in the industry, is our NTIS® technology. A universal shift knob that retains the stock thread-on design and that is fully height adjustable. TWM shift knobs are the ONLY shift knobs in the industry with these features and it means they can be installed in virtually every car with a threaded shifter shaft. In the case of the Corvette with a stock shifter, threading the stock shaft can easily be done with a regular Die.

These shift knobs are compatible both with the manual shifter in Toyota
trucks and the transfer case shifter.

Here are the different finishes;

M1 Abrams

The M1 Abrams is one of our best selling shift knobs. It’s round shape fits perfectly in the palm of the hand and weighing in at 460 grams, solid and precise shifts are assured all the time, every time. The M1 Abrams is threaded as deeply as possible to offer the lowest setting you can get compared to the stock shift knob.

A6 Leopard
Another one of our highly popular shift knob is the A6 Leopard weighted shift knob. Featuring a similar shape as the M1 Abrams but with a bottom collar for people who like more room between the shift knob and the shift boot, this shift knob weighs 485 grams for a positive shift feeling.

Type R
Another very popular shift knob is the Type R weighted shift knob. Like every TWM shift knob, it is threaded as deeply inside as possible for maximum height adjustability.

Piston

Brand new to the TWM shift knobs line up is the TWM Piston weighted shift knob. Inspired by rally and track race, this new model features the quality and durability you have come to expect out of every TWM Performance product.

The design of this shift knob is inspired by the traditional piston shape you all know but with a smooth and unique TWM touch for the best grip and shift feeling you can get. Weighing in at 520 grams, this new shift knob will give solid and precise shifts to your car.

BIG Type R

One of our latest editions to our family of shift knobs is the Big Type R weighted shift knob. Based on our popular Type R shift knob, the Big Type R RL is 15% bigger in every angle than the regular Type R shift knob.

Classic
The original TWM Performance Shift Knob ... the Classic. Its extremely smooth and clean styling offers a timeless and classy look to your interior.

Desert Eagle
TWM Performance has combined the design of our Classic shift knob with the dimensions of our popular .44 Magnum shift knob resulting in our heaviest weighted shift yet! The famous smooth shape of this awesome shift knob is already well known but never before has it been offered with this magnitude. Get smooth classic styling while substantially improving your shift feel thanks to 600 grams of billet stainless steel.

Bombshell
Though unorthodox in styling, our new Bombshell shift knob is designed to provide the largest range of comfortable grip positions possible. Your shifting will be more comfortable than ever thanks to its unique shape and smooth curves. Weighing in at 590g, the bombshell provides a much more solid, effortless shift by acting as a counterweight during shifting.

.44 Magnum
Featuring a unique 6-shooter bolt pattern top, this shift knob will be your weapon of choice for the best shifting experience possible!!! Weighing in at 1.29lbs (585g) you can rest assured your shifts will be smooth and easy with little effort.

*I am not affiliated with TWM. The above descriptions of the shift knobs have been copy pasted from TWM.

Check their website for pricing information. Also note, shift patterns are only available for select knobs for an extra $16.95.
http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/

5-10 orders: 10% discount over retail price

10+ orders: 15% over retail price

If you are interested please PM me the following information
Name
User Name
Email Address
Shift Knob
Finish
Shift pattern (optional)

I hope to end this group by when we get over 10 orders so we can get that 15% discount.

This first post will be updated as the GB progresses.

1. Schully (M1 Abrams, Gun Metal, 5 Speed Shift Pattern)
Old 04-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Those shift knobs better give me some sort of magical powers for $100!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
TDOGGY will become famous soon enoughTDOGGY will become famous soon enough

Name: Travis
TDOGGY's Tacoma Gallery
??

Does it come with lube? Im thinking it should.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
what kind of Horse Power are we looking at from these?
+5 hp, duh
Old 04-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I had a TWM short shifter in my 4G Eclipse. Good product. Forgot which knob I had. Some round one? But it was a nice product. But yes, price is a little steep.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #10
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
two tanks of gas lol
Old 05-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
jiveturkee is a jewel in the roughjiveturkee is a jewel in the roughjiveturkee is a jewel in the roughjiveturkee is a jewel in the rough

Coast Guard:
Name: Jake
jiveturkee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
two tanks of gas lol
Two tanks??? Not in this state. On a side note I have one M1 Abrams satin that I'm looking to sell.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post5139970
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
Uncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clifford
Uncle Cliffy's Tacoma Gallery
I happened upon one of these for a good price, and installed it with the short shift kit from URD. The weight of it sure helps getting the truck into reverse.

Really worth it, even if you can't get it cheap.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
jiveturkee is a jewel in the roughjiveturkee is a jewel in the roughjiveturkee is a jewel in the roughjiveturkee is a jewel in the rough

Coast Guard:
Name: Jake
jiveturkee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm willing to stack the military and the group buy discount for 20% off before shipping. At $132 that's a better price than you can find anywhere and I'm willing to do it for the users of this site because people here have helped me out in the past.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
SocoandLime is on a distinguished road

SocoandLime's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone still interested in this in 2013?

EDIT: I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. Got enough of a discount that waiting around here for another possible $5-$15 off wasn't worth the time. I'll update with a review if anyone cares
Old 02-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #17
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
T.M.W. How about a spring loaded button on top for a A/T? Realize more spendy, but I would be in line for one.