Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 15! Ends 5/15/10

Old 05-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #21
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
Is it possible to have 6000K Bixenon, and then say 6000K fogs? I need light!!
Yes you would order a kit for the headlights and a kit for the foglights. (H4 Bixenon Headlights and H10 Low Fogs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachEater81 View Post
I am interested, but not sure what I need.

I have an 05 Double Cab 4x4 with fog lights.

I would like to replace all lights with the HIDs.

Best,
Peach
You want the H4 Bixenon kit for your heads and H10 Low beam for your fogs. Just PM me all the red info requested in the first post to get in on the GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avman2119 View Post
Will the 6000K give me white light? How much are they for the h4 bixenon slim kit with high/low? What kind would I need for the fogs and how much do those run?
Yes the will give you white light with a slight tint of blue. The 4300K give white light with a slight tint of yellow. The fogs are H10 and all the prices are listed on the first post above.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #22
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
KAWAIANIANI's Tacoma Gallery
What would be the best selection for the whitest and brightest lights.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #23
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWAIANIANI View Post
What would be the best selection for the whitest and brightest lights.
Depending on your preference... Either 4300K Whitest with a touch of yellow or 6000K whitest with a touch of blue.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #24
Yota freak
Doc Holliday is on a distinguished road
Doc Holliday's Tacoma Gallery
Again, will they work with these http://www.mytightride.com/headlight...hts-sonar.html ? Also, if I order the H10 kit with the BiXenon kit, is there a seperate shipping charge for each? Thanks, Doc
Old 05-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #25
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
just curious if anyone can answer, whats the 50w option? does it just make the lights a bit more bright? I'm prolly going to get 6000k H4 bixenon and 6000k H10 low fogs, and wondering what that 50w option is. thanks
Old 05-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #26
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
KAWAIANIANI's Tacoma Gallery
If I read correctly it is supposed to make the lighting a little more intense then the lower wattage selection.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #27
Avman2119 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Avman2119's Tacoma Gallery
What's the difference between the regular and slim ballast?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
Again, will they work with these http://www.mytightride.com/headlight...hts-sonar.html ? Also, if I order the H10 kit with the BiXenon kit, is there a seperate shipping charge for each? Thanks, Doc
Hi Doc, yes they will you will just need to find out what bulb size is in that projector. I think its an H1 but I could be wrong. Double check with the manufacturer before ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
just curious if anyone can answer, whats the 50w option? does it just make the lights a bit more bright? I'm prolly going to get 6000k H4 bixenon and 6000k H10 low fogs, and wondering what that 50w option is. thanks
50w is more for off road use since its brighter than the 35w. The 35w is way brighter than the halogens and is plenty for daily street driving. I only recommend the 50w for off road use so you don't get flashed by oncoming drivers a lot but some people still choose the 50w option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avman2119 View Post
What's the difference between the regular and slim ballast?
The regular ballast is the companies original design which has been around for a long time. The slim ballast is there new design which has also been around for a while but has many improvements that the regular ballast does not. Its smaller, lighter, easier to mount, better quality and more reliable.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #29
beckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nice

beckleyota's Tacoma Gallery
if you buy the slim and it goes out can u use a regular ballast untiill a new one comes in?
and what "level" of hid works best in our headlights
Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #31
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Actually higher temp = less light. The more blue you get on the light spectrum the less light output you will have. 6000K or 4300K would be your best bet for maximum light output.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #32
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Actually higher temp = less light. The more blue you get on the light spectrum the less light output you will have. 6000K or 4300K would be your best bet for maximum light output.
sweet! Thanks
Old 05-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #33
Avman2119 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Avman2119's Tacoma Gallery
Woot... ordered.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckleyota View Post
if you buy the slim and it goes out can u use a regular ballast untiill a new one comes in?
and what "level" of hid works best in our headlights
Yes as long as the regular ballast have the same connections you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
will the bulbs work with a differnt ballast? my bulbs burnt out das yy
As long as your ballasts/bulbs are the same connections as mine. If you want to snap a pic and PM me it I can eyeball and check for you.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #37
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
What is needed for an 03 . Hi/lo slim ?
Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #38
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
What's wrong with the stock headlights??
Old 05-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #39
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
What is needed for an 03 . Hi/lo slim ?
You'll need to get the H4/9003 bi-xenon to keep your highbeams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
What's wrong with the stock headlights??
Not bright enough?
Old 05-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #40
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm considering purchasing a set of offroad lights (Ex: KC Daylighters, Hella, etc.) Would I expect that these HIDs would be brighter than 130w bulbs? How about 150w bulbs?

Assuming these are brighter, could I just purchase a low wattage kit and replace with HID lights... just retain the light body? If so, what kit would I use?