Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Looking Into TRD S/C Group Buy

Old 05-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Looking Into TRD S/C Group Buy

UPDATE; The group buy will more than likely not happen. In lieu of that, I'd like to share this with you all;

I got my S/C for $3426 shipped through eBay and there are plenty out there for similar price!

Take a look at this post and follow the directions exactly
Read it all carefully
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/deals-coupons/18321-save-ton-ebay.html

TRDParts4U was selling the TRD S/C for $3700.00. The Bing cash back was 8% and this percentage varies from time to time. The maximum cash back for any one purchase was $200.

When you sign into eBay, there will be a link just below the seller's price to sign onto the eBay bucks program. Do this and it will get you another 2% back.

So, $3700 - $200 Bing Cash Back - $74 eBay Bucks (2%) = $3426 shipped.

When I purchased my S/C I logged in, then did a search through Bing for "TRD Supercharger Ebay". The first result, with the Bing Cash Back note next to it is what you need to click. If you do not see this, make sure you are logged in. It will not show up if you are not logged in.

________

If you did everything right you'll see this on eBay;

Pay with PayPal in a single payment. The Bing cash back will be credited to your PayPal account in 60 days. You'll receive your 2% in eBay bucks in 45 days.

The $200 cash back is money back in your pocket. The eBay bucks is like store credit that you can spend on future eBay purchases.

TRDParts4U has increased the price of the Tacoma S/C to $3800 but the Bing Cash Back and eBay Bucks images were taken today so this offer is still running!

Good luck!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Original post below
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've asked Totally Twisted Creations if they would entertain group buy pricing on TRD superchargers. They said they would look into it and get back to me with a ballpark pricing structure. They did say that there isn't much margin on those so we shouldn't expect a huge discount, but for those on the fence over the $3800 they're asking for on eBay, this might be worth keeping tabs on.

I'll let you know as soon as I find something out! Just wanted to stir the pot now and let you all know...
Old 05-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Silver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Silver DC's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking at them and thinking about it. A good price would definitely put me over the fence.

I'll be watching.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
NorCalTacoma is on a distinguished road
NorCalTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Now that the truck is paid off, im deffinately interested in one as well.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
blackphantom09 is a jewel in the roughblackphantom09 is a jewel in the roughblackphantom09 is a jewel in the roughblackphantom09 is a jewel in the rough

blackphantom09's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested too. I've been tempted to pull the trigger on getting one from TRDparts4u.com.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
twr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nice

Name: Tim
twr437's Tacoma Gallery
I saw TTC sell a 2 gen SC for 2500 on ebay. I asked them what the catch was, he replied that there was no catch they just get a big discount through TRD. I followed up with the buyer and it was ligit..........bran freakin new. Whats up with that???
Old 05-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twr437 View Post
I saw TTC sell a 2 gen SC for 2500 on ebay. I asked them what the catch was, he replied that there was no catch they just get a big discount through TRD. I followed up with the buyer and it was ligit..........bran freakin new. Whats up with that???
When was this?

Edit; That was a while ago. totallytwistedcreations profile shows that he last received feedback for a sale on 9/09 and then 1/08 prior to that. 6 months ago I saw S/Cs on EBay going for $2800ish too but I haven't seen one that low in a while and I've had my eyes open. A good chunk of these were probably from that asshole that scammed around 10 people out of $3000/ea for TRD superchargers (there's a recent thread about him in the vendor review section) teamxtremeauto is the scammer on ebay...
Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
bruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant future
Navy: ET1
Name: Scott
bruinsrme's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #11

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Sent this morning and awaiting response!

>>>>>
Good news! I posted a feeler thread to gauge interest in a TRD S/C group buy. So far, 6 people (including myself) have posted that they are interested and standing by for pricing info. At this point I'm not sure how serious/committed they are, but they are at the least interested in finding out more! If you have any info to pass along I'll be happy to post it.

Thanks!
-Toshi

Here's a link to the feeler thread;
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/91395-looking-into-trd-s-c-group-buy.html

>>>>>
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #12
twr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nice

Name: Tim
twr437's Tacoma Gallery
My deepest apologies to TTC. I looked back in my messages and it was teamxtremeauto. Forgive my ignorance. I might be in....depends on the final price.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #14
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, I am interested as well... I have been back and forth with getting one, just haven't been able to make myself do it yet.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #15
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
I've asked Totally Twisted Creations if they would entertain group buy pricing on TRD superchargers. They said they would look into it and get back to me with a ballpark pricing structure. They did say that there isn't much margin on those so we shouldn't expect a huge discount, but for those on the fence over the $3800 they're asking for on eBay, this might be worth keeping tabs on.

I'll let you know as soon as I find something out! Just wanted to stir the pot now and let you all know...
proextremeauto on ebay sells it for 2500 with the fit kit
Old 05-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #17
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
Show me... Because if he is anything like teamxtremeauto they can get bent... Those names are strikingly similar.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #18

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
That seller ID is not registered on eBay. It is eerily similar to teamxtremeauto who has scammed multiple folks on ebay with S/C auctions;
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ven...tremeauto.html
Old 05-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
2009Taco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Information Systems Technician, Second Class
2009Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2009Taco
I am interested as well
Old 05-15-2010, 05:37 AM   #20
Sua Sponte! RLTW
75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st airborne
Name: charles
75thrangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
me 2