1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking Into TRD S/C Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by SManZ, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 7, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    UPDATE; The group buy will more than likely not happen. In lieu of that, I'd like to share this with you all;

I got my S/C for $3426 shipped through eBay and there are plenty out there for similar price!

Take a look at this post and follow the directions exactly
    Read it all carefully
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/deals-coupons/18321-save-ton-ebay.html

TRDParts4U was selling the TRD S/C for $3700.00. The Bing cash back was 8% and this percentage varies from time to time. The maximum cash back for any one purchase was $200.

When you sign into eBay, there will be a link just below the seller's price to sign onto the eBay bucks program. Do this and it will get you another 2% back.

So, $3700 - $200 Bing Cash Back - $74 eBay Bucks (2%) = $3426 shipped.

When I purchased my S/C I logged in, then did a search through Bing for "TRD Supercharger Ebay". The first result, with the Bing Cash Back note next to it is what you need to click. If you do not see this, make sure you are logged in. It will not show up if you are not logged in.

[​IMG]

________

If you did everything right you'll see this on eBay;

[​IMG]

Pay with PayPal in a single payment. The Bing cash back will be credited to your PayPal account in 60 days. You'll receive your 2% in eBay bucks in 45 days.

The $200 cash back is money back in your pocket. The eBay bucks is like store credit that you can spend on future eBay purchases.

TRDParts4U has increased the price of the Tacoma S/C to $3800 but the Bing Cash Back and eBay Bucks images were taken today so this offer is still running!

Good luck!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Original post below
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've asked Totally Twisted Creations if they would entertain group buy pricing on TRD superchargers. They said they would look into it and get back to me with a ballpark pricing structure. They did say that there isn't much margin on those so we shouldn't expect a huge discount, but for those on the fence over the $3800 they're asking for on eBay, this might be worth keeping tabs on.

I'll let you know as soon as I find something out! Just wanted to stir the pot now and let you all know...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    Silver DC

Silver DC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Prerunner SuperCharged
    Supercharged,TRD CAI, TRD exhaust, DTLT Headers, L.E.D. Taillights, Factory BHLM,Wet Okole Seat Covers,Weather Tech Digi-cut Floorliners
    I've been looking at them and thinking about it. A good price would definitely put me over the fence.

I'll be watching.

3. May 10, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    NorCalTacoma

NorCalTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    09 SW Dbl Cab LB TRD Sport 4x4
    Snug top with remote open,Bilstein 5100, rubber bed mat,Kmc Addicts, Duratracs,Pioneer Z150, Arc 900x6, Memphis Mojo Pro Components f&r,2x12 Memphis shallow mount subs.
    Now that the truck is paid off, im deffinately interested in one as well.

4. May 10, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    blackphantom09

blackphantom09 Newbie

Member:
    V.B., VA
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD-Off Road SB
    TRD Exhaust, Black badges, Jason Rage tonneau bed cover, TRD S/C, OEM roof rack, Avid Light Bar
    I would be interested too. I've been tempted to pull the trigger on getting one from TRDparts4u.com.

5. May 11, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    tacomakid89

tacomakid89 Awesome Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black, 4x4, TRD Sport Tacoma
    Hard Wired GPS, Scan Guage II, URD Short Throw Shifter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, LED Mag Lite on seat side,Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Removed Front License Plate, Tint Cover Over Rear License Plate, Removed Secondary Air Filter, 13" Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint Rear, 20% Tint Front, Bed Extender, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Fog Light On Anytime Mod, Dual Halo Projection Headlights, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, King coilovers with remote resi in front, Kings with remote resi in rear, Deaver J66 leaf packs, TC UCAs up front.
    Subscribing

6. May 11, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    twr437

twr437 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 LB
    nerf bars, bed cover, husky liners, Icon coilovers, LR UCA, rear 5100s, TSB AAL, diff drop, carrier baring drop, axel shims, AFE pro dry filter, BHLM, mesh grill, Black emblems,
    I saw TTC sell a 2 gen SC for 2500 on ebay. I asked them what the catch was, he replied that there was no catch they just get a big discount through TRD. I followed up with the buyer and it was ligit..........bran freakin new. Whats up with that???

7. May 11, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    When was this?

Edit; That was a while ago. totallytwistedcreations profile shows that he last received feedback for a sale on 9/09 and then 1/08 prior to that. 6 months ago I saw S/Cs on EBay going for $2800ish too but I haven't seen one that low in a while and I've had my eyes open. A good chunk of these were probably from that asshole that scammed around 10 people out of $3000/ea for TRD superchargers (there's a recent thread about him in the vendor review section) teamxtremeauto is the scammer on ebay...

8. May 11, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    I'll email TTC again tomorrow and ask if he has any updates on the S/C group buy pricing. Good to see we have about 5 interested people!

9. May 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
  10. May 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    :cheers: Right on bro!

11. May 12, 2010 at 4:34 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sent this morning and awaiting response!

>>>>>
    Good news! I posted a feeler thread to gauge interest in a TRD S/C group buy. So far, 6 people (including myself) have posted that they are interested and standing by for pricing info. At this point I'm not sure how serious/committed they are, but they are at the least interested in finding out more! If you have any info to pass along I'll be happy to post it.

Thanks!
    -Toshi

Here's a link to the feeler thread;
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/91395-looking-into-trd-s-c-group-buy.html

>>>>>

12. May 12, 2010 at 6:03 AM
    twr437

twr437 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 LB
    nerf bars, bed cover, husky liners, Icon coilovers, LR UCA, rear 5100s, TSB AAL, diff drop, carrier baring drop, axel shims, AFE pro dry filter, BHLM, mesh grill, Black emblems,
    My deepest apologies to TTC. I looked back in my messages and it was teamxtremeauto. Forgive my ignorance. I might be in....depends on the final price.

13. May 12, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    tacomakid89

tacomakid89 Awesome Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black, 4x4, TRD Sport Tacoma
    Hard Wired GPS, Scan Guage II, URD Short Throw Shifter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, LED Mag Lite on seat side,Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Removed Front License Plate, Tint Cover Over Rear License Plate, Removed Secondary Air Filter, 13" Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint Rear, 20% Tint Front, Bed Extender, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Fog Light On Anytime Mod, Dual Halo Projection Headlights, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, King coilovers with remote resi in front, Kings with remote resi in rear, Deaver J66 leaf packs, TC UCAs up front.
    Lookin forward to the price man.

14. May 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Sweet, I am interested as well... I have been back and forth with getting one, just haven't been able to make myself do it yet.

15. May 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Welcome Glen! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Thanks again!

16. May 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Show me... Because if he is anything like teamxtremeauto they can get bent... Those names are strikingly similar.

17. May 12, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
  18. May 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    2009Taco

2009Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Highlander
    I am interested as well

19. May 15, 2010 at 5:37 AM
    75thrangertaco

75thrangertaco Sua Sponte! RLTW

Member:
    First Name:
    charles
    casper wyoming
    procomp 6 inch co lift ,305/55/20 xtreme a/t tires,4.88 gears ,,grill shell painted white billet inserts.Trd cat back ,
  20. May 15, 2010 at 7:21 AM
    75thrangertaco

75thrangertaco Sua Sponte! RLTW

Member:
    First Name:
    charles
    casper wyoming
    procomp 6 inch co lift ,305/55/20 xtreme a/t tires,4.88 gears ,,grill shell painted white billet inserts.Trd cat back ,
    im in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top