Notices

Interest in AFE Group Buy????

Old 05-20-2008, 12:33 AM   #1
Tacoma Shrek
mceagle555 has a spectacular aura aboutmceagle555 has a spectacular aura about
mceagle555's Tacoma Gallery
Interest in AFE Group Buy????

Update 5-29-08

Group Buy - Will Close @ Midnight EST on 5/29 (Thursday)

I will continue to collect information for a possible second round of group buy, so those that miss the deadline can continue to send info, but getting another group of 50 might take a month or two.

Bottom line: If you want your new filter anytime in the next month or two, PM me your info tonight.

Original Post

After doing endless amounts on research on the best air filters out there, it seems like AFE's Pro Dry S is winning hands down.

I am currently in the beginning stages working with AFE on whether they can provide for a Group Buy on their AFE Pro Dry S air filters. (Both the 2.7 & 4.0 L filters) Prices on these have recently soared online at the few places you can buy them from. While the discounted cost has not yet been agreed on, I need to gauge interest from our members.

How many of you would be interested in purchasing an AFE Pro Dry S air filter at a discounted price through a group buy?

Update 5-25-2008

Details of Air Filter (AFE Pro Dry S) Group Buy

I finished working with AFE & one of their top distributors (Flowsource.net) on setting up the group buy. Bottom line, we need to get at least 100 units ordered in order to make the group buy happen. We should be able to get that number between TacomaWorld & Toyota Nation.

Shipped price for the AFE Drop-in Pro Dry S filter:

$50 – 4.0L (31-10114) – V6
$30 – 2.7L (31-10123) – 4 banger

++++ All orders will receive a free AFE car-care kit (Includes wax, tire cleaner, interior cleaner, & microfiber towel - $30 value)

What do YOU need to do?

1. PM mceagle555 the following information

a. Your Name
b. Your TN or TW screen-name
c. Paypal e-mail address
d. 2.7L or 4.0L Drop-in Filter

2.2. Pay Paypal invoice when sent from Flowsource.net (Contact Person: Oscar)

As soon as I have a list of 100 names & paypal e-mail addresses, I’ll send that on to Flowsource.net who will begin processing the orders.

Oscar at Flowsource.net is placing the bulk order through AFE who doesn’t currently have the units on hand. Turn-around time should be approx. 2 weeks, but that is the shipping time on these from almost any other place online.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
just the replacement filter for a stock intake, or a complete AFe CAI? I'd be very interested in a CAI.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Keep the k/n 63 intake,what I'd like is to swap filters. would they offer g/b rate for those as well??
Old 05-20-2008, 02:19 AM   #4
SCMtaco is on a distinguished road
SCMtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down for the filter
Old 05-20-2008, 03:40 AM   #5
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
I already pulled the trigger on their CAI with the yellow filter. Fit and finish is great, you won't be disappointed. Installation is a 3 out of a 10 in the difficulty scale, well documented for our trucks. IMO it even looks better than the TRD version as I could never get past the red tube couplers Toyota uses, so Ridgelinesque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceagle555 View Post
After doing endless amounts on research on the best air filters out there, it seems like AFE's Pro Dry S is winning hands down.

I am currently in the beginning stages working with AFE on whether they can provide for a Group Buy on their AFE Pro Dry S air filters. (Both the 2.7 & 4.0 L filters) Prices on these have recently soared online at the few places you can buy them from. While the discounted cost has not yet been agreed on, I need to gauge interest from our members.

How many of you would be interested in purchasing an AFE Pro Dry S air filter at a discounted price through a group buy?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
depends, what do they normally go for?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:52 AM   #9
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
count me in for the filter
Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #10
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
depends, what do they normally go for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Same here....
Me as well. Do the 4.0s respond well to a CAI? Whatre the realistic results?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #11
Tacoma Shrek
mceagle555 has a spectacular aura aboutmceagle555 has a spectacular aura about
mceagle555's Tacoma Gallery
Just a clarification....this would be for the drop in Pro Dry S filter....though I will ask about the CAI

The drop in filter usually goes for $69 shipped.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
CALLING MAVERICK491.....

I know nothing about the AFE and did a quick search and found this post...

Where & how did you get one for this amount?
AFE part number 31-10114
This is the Pro-Dry S (non oiled) filter for the 4.0L
UPC 80295931083
Price $44.25

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...runner-v6.html

If I can get one for that price - I'm THERE.

I went to both of those sites listed in the thread and they're $69.

**Sorry, didn't wanna rain on anyone's parade. Just doing my research.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #13
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
If its a drop in count me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Me as well. Do the 4.0s respond well to a CAI? Whatre the realistic results?
Save your money and get a drop in.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #15
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
I just have purchased and installed the drop in AFE Super Dry S filter and you can immediately feel the difference; less struggle with RPM's when getting to the usual MPH speeds I used to drive and a LOT more power when pressing the gas to the floor from 0 MPH speed. I got it for $69.00 shipped from Ultimatetruck.com and it was the best price, but those $44.25 USD are a lot better (watch out for the Shipping cost) the part number mentioned by Janster is the proper one for all of us (05-08's)

I have just verified the Air Intake (AI) temperature with the Scangauge and it runs 10 ºF colder than before and sometimes even better, I'm on my way to fill out the gas tank and see if there is any MPG gain. I will keep you posted. The Tacoma is been doing between 18.2 and 18.6 MPG during this last tank, I have the extra weight of a bed cap and a travel basket over it.

Good luck to everyone! this change is a must to all with the stock air filter.

Best Regards.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #17
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Thank you, but everyone that has experienced or implemented a mod to its Tacoma's may help us all to better understand real numbers by posting them, I know must of us want to have the certainty of how well a change or mod will be... but this is our opportunity to provide this info other than saying... is awesome... is great... On the drop in filter I opted for it because the whole Cold Air Intake (CAI) system will offer more air to flow inside but you get more air in... you will need more air out... then you will need to properly make it work and a high performance exhaust system installation whole cost will be a lot higher than just the drop in and the real gain could not be a good one.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #18
Cooked Goose is on a distinguished road
Cooked Goose's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested as well. I would be willing to go either the CAI or just the replacement.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvega1969 View Post
On the drop in filter I opted for it because the whole Cold Air Intake (CAI) system will offer more air to flow inside but you get more air in... you will need more air out... then you will need to properly make it work an high performance exhaust system installation whole cost will be a lot higher than just the drop in and the real gain could not be a good one.
Most certainly.... and with that added performance and horsepower, you will consume more gas.

I had a CAI (and cat-back dual exhaust) on my Dodge Ram and I hated it. The engine noise was horrible and I lost 2mpg. Wasn't worth what it was supposed to gain in performance.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #20
Jmetz is on a distinguished road

Jmetz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceagle555 View Post
(Both the 2.7 & 4.0 L filters)
Just out of curiosity, why are the 3.4's being treated like the bastard child on this?

Edit: Whoops. I see this is in the 2nd gen category.. But hey while you're at it why not see if it can just be a general price point for all of us?