Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Amazing deal on Steel Braded Brake Lines... (GROUP BUY)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #41
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 4-3 ADA BN Maintenance Control Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Does the 1Gen and 2Gen use the same brake lines or are the fittings and/or lengths different?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #42
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle View Post
Does the 1Gen and 2Gen use the same brake lines or are the fittings and/or lengths different?
Not sure, but if you call the stealership and get the info he can make them for you. he just needs to know the thread and your desired length.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #43
SilveredTaco is on a distinguished road
SilveredTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Break Lines

[QUOTE=OCTaco;1862043]I met a guy at the track who does all sorts of stuff with brake lines.
We kicked it off well and I started talking about how many of our trucks need the steel brake lines becuase of the mushy brakes. He made me/us an offer. He's willing to sell us steel braded brake line at just above cost.

Here's his offer:

0-60 sets (4 brake lines) =$80.00 (delivered)
60-100 sets (4 brake lines)= $75.00 (delivered)
100+ sets(4 brake lines)= Price Pending (Possibly 65.00 delivered)

PIC's:

These are the different color options:

These are my lines and PIC's of the Fittings:

Sorry this one is kind of blurry, but the yellow tag says GOODRIDGE incase your wondering.

Here they are Installed on the Guys truck (2004 FORD RANGER 6" lift) after 60k:

The lines are great! The quality is amazing. I got the ok from the owner (Brook) to give out his info to people who may have any questions I can't answer. If you are interested and have any questions PM me and if I can't answer your questions I will give you his info and you can ask him directly.

-The manufacturer guarantees all his work.
The hose he will use is goodridge series 600-03. It's available in different colors.I attached a link if you want to do research of your own. (LOOK AT the 600 Hose -02 To -04 for: Brake and Clutch)

http://www.goodridge.co.uk/buy-goodridge-hoses.htm

FYI: I'm taking care of the shipments so he will never see your info. I'm not making any money on the lines , I just want to hook you guys up with a good deal . Also, I'm going to purchase and install some of his lines tomorrow to make sure they work well (I dont want to promote a crapy product). PM me if you have any questions and let's get a list started for all who are interested.

Also, It has come to my attention that people are concerned with their money being stolen. I understand it's hard to trust someone you haven't met so paypal will be an option as long as you pay the $10.00 that pay pal charges.

1. OCTACO
2. SilveredTaco Rear brake lines. Also possible Honda CR-V Set.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #45
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
How hard is it to change the lines themselves? I am interested, but have never changed them and so wounder about the effort.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #46
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
You had me at "Goodridge". Have had a couple sets from different manufacturers on my car and they lasted about 6 months before they started to leak where the fitting meets the stainless braid. I then bought the real shit and forked out the twenty, yes twenty dollars more for the goodridge set. That was several years ago and they are still perfect. The problem I have now is that I have extended rear ss lines for the Taco but not the front ones. If I can get just fronts then I'm down widdis GB. If not then I'll need to sell the rears that I have (never installed yet) and get the full set here.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #47
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
You had me at "Goodridge". Have had a couple sets from different manufacturers on my car and they lasted about 6 months before they started to leak where the fitting meets the stainless braid. I then bought the real shit and forked out the twenty, yes twenty dollars more for the goodridge set. That was several years ago and they are still perfect. The problem I have now is that I have extended rear ss lines for the Taco but not the front ones. If I can get just fronts then I'm down widdis GB. If not then I'll need to sell the rears that I have (never installed yet) and get the full set here.
Yes, you can buy just the fronts. Please add your name to the list and I will PM you with the price. Thanks
Old 06-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #48
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
Yes, you can buy just the fronts. Please add your name to the list and I will PM you with the price. Thanks
So, if I read this right, your vendor is actually going to be pressing the fittings onto the SS line correct? If so, then this does put us at the mercy of the vendor for the quality of the connections.

The previous poster had issues with the connection, not the line, if I read that correctly. Goodridge is not pressing the fittings on, the vendor is.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #49

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmuncy View Post
How hard is it to change the lines themselves? I am interested, but have never changed them and so wounder about the effort.
Do you have experience bleeding brakes? Thats all it is. Bleeding brakes.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #50

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
So, if I read this right, your vendor is actually going to be pressing the fittings onto the SS line correct? If so, then this does put us at the mercy of the vendor for the quality of the connections.

The previous poster had issues with the connection, not the line, if I read that correctly. Goodridge is not pressing the fittings on, the vendor is.
That's correct, but lines are under full warranty and the guy does great work and uses high quality products. He also tests the lines before releasing them.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #51
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to the list. gray ones
Old 06-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #52

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
1. OCTACO
2. SilveredTaco Rear brake lines. Also possible Honda CR-V Set (rear and possible honda)
3. T@co Pr3runn3r (Front)
4.wlmuncy(Gray)
Old 06-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #53
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
1. OCTACO
2. SilveredTaco Rear brake lines. Also possible Honda CR-V Set
3. T@co_Pr3runn3r
4.wlmuncy
5. jspadaro
Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #54
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'd still like to know exactly who this guy is, the name of his shop, ect before I'd even consider the purchase. They look like quality lines, but once again as stated before... brakes (and tires) are the very last thing to cut corners on...

Also saying the guy works on race cars and such doesn't mean a lot in my book. There are a ton of 'race cars' that'll hit firebird on fridays and some of them are.... well.... yea.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #55
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
interested.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #56
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
please add my name to the list if this is not the proper way to do it. Please PM me with details when we are ready to purchase. Thanks george3.

wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
1. OCTACO
2. SilveredTaco Rear brake lines. Also possible Honda CR-V Set
3. T@co_Pr3runn3r
4.wlmuncy
5. jspadaro
6. george3
Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #57
Going nowhere as fast as possible
imtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: I forgot
imtwistd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
please add my name to the list if this is not the proper way to do it. Please PM me with details when we are ready to purchase. Thanks george3.

wi
6. george3
I'm in with george3 add me as well
7. imtwistd (blue)
Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #58

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
I'd still like to know exactly who this guy is, the name of his shop, ect before I'd even consider the purchase. They look like quality lines, but once again as stated before... brakes (and tires) are the very last thing to cut corners on...

Also saying the guy works on race cars and such doesn't mean a lot in my book. There are a ton of 'race cars' that'll hit firebird on fridays and some of them are.... well.... yea.
PM me and i'll give u his info. I dont want to put his number out there just like that because i know people are going to hit him up with all sorts of questions that i'm sure I can answer.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #59

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
interested.
Do you want you name on the list?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #60

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
1. OCTACO
2. SilveredTaco Rear brake lines. Also possible Honda CR-V Set (rear and possible honda)
3. T@co Pr3runn3r (Front)
4. wlmuncy(Gray)
5. jspadaro(unkown color)
6. george3(unknown color)
7. imtwistd(blue)

Products Discussed in this Thread