Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Amazing deal on Steel Braded Brake Lines... (GROUP BUY)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #881
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoward85 View Post
Are these still available?

Thanks
PM sent
Old 04-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #882
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Very similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt8qqg3QyX4

Make sure nothing is leaking after the new lines are installed. Now bleed your brakes:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ur-brakes.html

It's one of the easiest things you can do but fucking it up can get you and others on the road killed. If you have any doubts as to your skill or ability, have a professional put on your braided lines.
Thanks. He makes a lot of good points in the video. I bought a wrench for the bleeder but I didn't think to get one for the nuts holding the lines. Guess I'd better B 4 I round them off. Thanks again.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #883
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Thanks. He makes a lot of good points in the video. I bought a wrench for the bleeder but I didn't think to get one for the nuts holding the lines. Guess I'd better B 4 I round them off. Thanks again.
Go to sears and get a full set of quality wrenches (or Mac or snap on). They look like boxed end with a small section cut out for the brake line. And let the penetrating oil soak for a day or two. If you wreck those fittings you'll need a flaring kit and new fittings, which is a whole new ball of wax.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #885
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks, I do not want whole new ball of wax.
Sometimes it's unavoidable no matter how much care is taken, but it's not always. I will tell you that knowing how to properly flare brake line has saved me a lot of money and hassle.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #886
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sometimes it's unavoidable no matter how much care is taken, but it's not always. I will tell you that knowing how to properly flare brake line has saved me a lot of money and hassle.
I did rotors and pads today. Everything was rusted together which made it a bigger job then I thought it would be - bottom line - I did not have enough time to do the SS lines - hopefully soon.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #887

Quote:
I did rotors and pads today. Everything was rusted together which made it a bigger job then I thought it would be - bottom line - I did not have enough time to do the SS lines - hopefully soon.
I'm sorry to hear that. When everything is torn apart is one of the most opportune times to switch out the lines.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #888
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. When everything is torn apart is one of the most opportune times to switch out the lines.
I'm sure You are correct Sir ! but there just was not time. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #889
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that your install didn't go as planed. I hope all goes well next time you attempt to install the lines.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
I'm sorry to hear that your install didn't go as planed. I hope all goes well next time you attempt to install the lines.
I don't even think he tried... Guess the clock was ticking.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #892

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lines have shipped.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #893

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't even think he tried... Guess the clock was ticking.
There's not much else that can be said. Why repeat what you just said?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #894

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
There's not much else that can be said. Why repeat what you just said?
Yup, no need repeating what doesn't need repeating
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #895

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup, no need repeating what doesn't need repeating
Exactly
Old 05-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #896

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lines have shipped!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #897

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lines have shipped!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #898

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
^^^Awesome JP, this is just one example of the excellent service you provide.

I will try to work out getting these back to you to be shortened, and keep you posted with any updates.
Hi Benson,

I got the shirt yesterday. It looks great. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #899

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lines have shipped!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #900

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lines have shipped.

Products Discussed in this Thread