Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Amazing deal on Steel Braded Brake Lines... (GROUP BUY)

Old 07-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #961
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lines have shipped!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #962
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lines have shipped!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #963
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Just got mine in the mail Monday. I will say they appear to be high quality, have a clear cover over the SS braids and shipping was very fast.

Plan to install this weekend.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #964
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
i was talking to someone at a party over the weekend that knows you and your chick. i just cant remember who i was talking too lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #965
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Have a quick question. Do these lines fit on a 2nd gen tacoma with any modification? Friend is saying you must grind down the stock fitting and in order for an after market like to fit.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #966
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Installed! Thanks Juny!

Matt
Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #967
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Are you still doing these? Also how much would it be for just the rear? Or do I have to buy it in a set of 4 corners?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #968
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Have a quick question. Do these lines fit on a 2nd gen tacoma with any modification? Friend is saying you must grind down the stock fitting and in order for an after market like to fit.
These lines screw directly into the steel lines on our trucks, but their couplings have hex-shaped collars instead of oval like those found on the ends of the factory rubber lines. Therefore, these steel braided lines don't fit snugly into the factory mounting brackets (the factory brackets have oval cutouts to marry up to the factory lines). I had to buy eight new retainer clips in order to get these lines to fit snugly into the factory brackets (I doubled-up the clips on each end of each line).

These are quality lines, though.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #969

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
i was talking to someone at a party over the weekend that knows you and your chick. i just cant remember who i was talking too lol.
hahaha, really? That's crazy. If you can remember their name let me know.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #970

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
That is incorrect, the lines are direct replacement. Meaning, you remove the old set and install the new one with zero modifications.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #971

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Installed! Thanks Juny!

Matt

You're welcome, Matt. Your lines look great BTW.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #972

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
Are you still doing these? Also how much would it be for just the rear? Or do I have to buy it in a set of 4 corners?
Just sent you a PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #973
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Da_da View Post
These lines screw directly into the steel lines on our trucks, but their couplings have hex-shaped collars instead of oval like those found on the ends of the factory rubber lines. Therefore, these steel braided lines don't fit snugly into the factory mounting brackets (the factory brackets have oval cutouts to marry up to the factory lines). I had to buy eight new retainer clips in order to get these lines to fit snugly into the factory brackets (I doubled-up the clips on each end of each line).

These are quality lines, though.
You don't have to buy new clips. You just have to bend the stock tabs a little bit with a pair of vice grips or channel locks and they secure as tight as stock. Just some input for anyone wanting to buy these. You can see how I bent them in the pictures above if you look at the ends of the lines.

Matt
Old 08-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #974

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You don't have to buy new clips. You just have to bend the tabs a little bit with a pair of vice grips or channel locks and they secure as tight as stock. Just some input for anyone wanting to buy these..

Matt
This is also what I did, I've had my lines for 3 years and haven't had a single issue.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #975
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You don't have to buy new clips. You just have to bend the stock tabs a little bit with a pair of vice grips or channel locks and they secure as tight as stock. Just some input for anyone wanting to buy these. You can see how I bent them in the pictures above if you look at the ends of the lines.

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
This is also what I did, I've had my lines for 3 years and haven't had a single issue.
Cool beans!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #976
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
hahaha, really? That's crazy. If you can remember their name let me know.
it may have been my buddy aaron. he works oil fields has a bunch of tats.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #977
Nostunknivek is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
Nostunknivek's Tacoma Gallery
Received my lines yesterday! Look like very quality lines! Very fast service, shipped really fast considering I'm in Canada! Thanks JP!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #978

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
it may have been my buddy aaron. he works oil fields has a bunch of tats.
What's his last name? Is he a Marine??
Old 08-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #979

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostunknivek View Post
Received my lines yesterday! Look like very quality lines! Very fast service, shipped really fast considering I'm in Canada! Thanks JP!
You're welcome. Enjoy your lines and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #980
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Just install the SS brake lines and realized how easily the OEM rubber lines could get ripped or broken off roading.

Excellent quality, thanks!!