Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Amazing deal on Steel Braded Brake Lines... (GROUP BUY)

Old 06-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Amazing deal on Steel Braded Brake Lines... (GROUP BUY)

Hey TW,
This thing originally started off as a group buy, mainly because it was my first time setting one of these things up and because I wasn't sure how things were going to work out. Now after a few months of setting these deals up I have it down to an art and people seem to really be enjoying their lines. I also developed a strong friendship with the man who puts the lines together. That being said, this "thing" is open and will be ongoing until further notice. If you fella's need some line just let me know and I will get them to you as soon as I can.
JP

Lines are available for 1st and 2nd generation Taco's.

I can also obtain lines for Tundra's and 4Runners.

Here's are the prices.
(4 brake lines) =$106.00 (delivered)
Optional:
2day Delivery= +$28.00
Overnight Delivery= +$35.00
Ground= =$16.00

Payment methods accepted are:
Paypal
Credit/Debit Card
Checks

The lines are great! The quality is amazing. I got the ok from the owner (Brook) to give out his info to people who may have any questions I can't answer. If you are interested and have any questions PM me and if I can't answer your questions I will give you his info and you can ask him directly.

-The manufacturer guarantees all his work.
The hose he will use is goodridge series 600-03. It's available in different colors.I attached a link if you want to do research of your own. (LOOK AT the 600 Hose -02 To -04 for: Brake and Clutch)

http://www.goodridge.co.uk/buy-goodridge-hoses.htm

FYI: I'm taking care of the shipments so he will never see your info. I'm not making any money on the lines , I just want to hook you guys up with a good deal . PM me if you have any questions and let's get a list started for all who are interested.

PIC's:

These are the different color options:

These are my lines and PIC's of the Fittings:

Sorry this one is kind of blurry, but the yellow tag says GOODRIDGE incase your wondering.

Here they are installed on my truck

Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid89 View Post
Subbed
What?
Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
On the fence. Waiting for pics and review. Depending on review, could be a great deal. Props
Old 06-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
No clue who this guy is, but when it comes to my life and the brakes I trust I would use a company that has a trusted reputation for brake lines. Unless the guy you spoke to is the CEO of Goodridge. Not saying he is going to build Ebay quality brake lines, but who knows.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Once you get them let's see some pics of them in the package and after install. In other words it would be nice to know what brand they are.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I got my toytec extended brake lines for 60 bucks

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ed=0CDgQrQQwAg
Old 06-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid89 View Post
Subbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
What?

Subbed means subscribed. I think a lot of people don't know that there's an option to subscribe to the thread without having to post anything. Or maybe they just wanted to let you they "subbed" to the thread by doing that.

And by typing this post I have also "subbed." Now to go up to the top to click unsubscribe.

Good luck with the group buy!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #10

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I got my toytec extended brake lines for 60 bucks

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ed=0CDgQrQQwAg
This is a decent deal but the hose quality of the goodridge is much better, also after shipping the cost is just about the same.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #11

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
No clue who this guy is, but when it comes to my life and the brakes I trust I would use a company that has a trusted reputation for brake lines. Unless the guy you spoke to is the CEO of Goodridge. Not saying he is going to build Ebay quality brake lines, but who knows.
He's using goodridge series 600-03. Nascar quality brake lines.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #12

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post

Subbed means subscribed. I think a lot of people don't know that there's an option to subscribe to the thread without having to post anything. Or maybe they just wanted to let you they "subbed" to the thread by doing that.

And by typing this post I have also "subbed." Now to go up to the top to click unsubscribe.

Good luck with the group buy!
Thanks for explaining that!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #13

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
What brand lines are these? Are they front & rear?
goodridge 600-03(Look at the link) and yes the set is for the fron and rear!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #14

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
Once you get them let's see some pics of them in the package and after install. In other words it would be nice to know what brand they are.
I'm hoping to get the lines today, and have some pics up by this evening. I probably wont install them until tomorrow or sunday depending on what my schedule looks like.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #15
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
is it hard to change out the brake lines? so i put in a urd short shifter myself, would it be harder or easier than that. how about the clutch lines?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #16

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
is it hard to change out the brake lines? so i put in a urd short shifter myself, would it be harder or easier than that. how about the clutch lines?
Do you know how to bleed brakes, have you ever done your own brakes?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
goodridge 600-03(Look at the link) and yes the set is for the fron and rear!
ok, this is a great deal then!

I thought it was just for a pair, fronts OR rears
Old 06-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #18

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
ok, this is a great deal then!

I thought it was just for a pair, fronts OR rears
I know! Its a really, really, good deal!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #19
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
So who exactly is doing the assembly of the lines here? I realize what type of line is being used, but I'm more worried about who is putting the fittings on than anything. Care to elaborate a little, and give some names? Does he work for any particular company or is he doing this out of his garage?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #20

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
So who exactly is doing the assembly of the lines here? I realize what type of line is being used, but I'm more worried about who is putting the fittings on than anything. Care to elaborate a little, and give some names? Does he work for any particular company or is he doing this out of his garage?
He owns his own business and works out of a large shop, he does a lot of work for HERTZ Car Rental, and some of the neighboring dealerships. He specializes in making custom hoses for race cars, Big Rigs, boats, and all sorts of stuff from what I hear. He also runs a Nitrous car at the track, which is where I met him, and uses his own lines. Again, he guaranties all his work.