Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Group Buys (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/)
-   -   Official DSM Upper Control Arm "Better" Group Buy (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/157853-official-dsm-upper-control-arm-better-group-buy.html)

Downsouth Motorsports 05-19-2011 02:11 PM

DSM Upper Control Arm Group Buy ENDS 06/30/2011!!
 
This is an official group buy we're doing for our Desert Products UCAs. How are we doing it better? No minimum. This is an open offer for 1, or 20 at the special price for any members who needs/wants a quality set of upper arms.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...SM_UCAs_2_.jpg

Group Buy Price: $525, with free shipping via UPS Ground, to anywhere in the lower 48 States. Group buy ends on 06/30/2011!!

To get the GB pricing, you will use the TW coupon code DSMARM when placing your order online. Remember you will need to register on the site first, before you place your order and then you can use the code...

The 'Coupon Code' box appears in the cart screen, directly above the Sub-total.

Thank you!

Marco & Sonny

The1youluv2hate 05-19-2011 02:43 PM

Cool.. I'm getting some with my next pay check

1337Taco 05-19-2011 02:45 PM

2ng Gen only? Or do you have them for both?

Downsouth Motorsports 05-19-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337Taco (Post 3196518)
2ng Gen only? Or do you have them for both?

Currently only available for 2nd Gen...

maxpower29 05-19-2011 08:31 PM

pardon my utter noobisum, but are these comparable to the total chaos ones?

Downsouth Motorsports 05-19-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpower29 (Post 3198182)
pardon my utter noobisum, but are these comparable to the total chaos ones?

The features are very comparable.

Features:
FK Stainless Steel Uni-Ball part # WSSX16T.
Mis-alignments are 17-4 stainless.
Urethane bushings.
Grade 8 Bolts for Mis-alignments and spindle adapter.
4130 Boxed Chromoly arm with 4130 Chromoly uni-Ball cup.
Tapped for ABS Line along with hardware.
Zinc plated end washers to help with corrosion resistance.
Added caster to help with alignment/handling on a lifted application.
Tig welded.
Black powder coat.

GTACO 05-20-2011 09:58 AM

Been wanting to get some UCAs...... :rolleyes:

Downsouth Motorsports 05-20-2011 04:49 PM

1st set went out the door today!! Thanks, Caleb!

drgonzo 05-21-2011 12:24 AM

yeah cant wait to rid myself of the stamped metal pos uca's. thanks alot downsouth for offering a great product at a great price

llebbuhnairb 05-21-2011 12:40 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but these say "added caster". How much? Is this the only geometry change to these over stock?

Downsouth Motorsports 05-21-2011 09:35 AM

2.85 degrees



Quote:

Originally Posted by llebbuhnairb (Post 3203394)
Forgive my ignorance, but these say "added caster". How much? Is this the only geometry change to these over stock?


chris4x4 05-21-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports (Post 3203986)
2.85 degrees

FWIW, should put the caster, when lifted to 3". at 2.1* or more! That will help with any wandering when lifted.

Downsouth Motorsports 05-21-2011 09:44 AM

Correct what we have been hearing is that after some of the Tacoma's are lifted above 2.5" to 3" the trucks are getting a wandering sensation (Front wheels on a shopping cart) on the freeway and these arms will help get the caster back down to the stock parameters and help take away if not eliminate the wonder.
Hope this helps..


Quote:

Originally Posted by chris4x4 (Post 3203992)
FWIW, should put the caster, when lifted to 3". at 2.1* or more! That will help with any wandering when lifted.


Downsouth Motorsports 05-31-2011 03:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the availability. We blew threw the 10 sets of arms we had in stock, and have been getting some calls for these. You will still get the GB deal, $525 shipped, if you place your order online. We will ship them as soon as we get them boxed up, and YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL WE SHIP.

We should have the arms back from powder coat Thursday, and boxed and ready to ship by Friday or early next week.

Thank you for everyone who has been calling on this deal, and let us know if you have any questions...

Thanks,
Marco @ DSM

Streaking10 Taco 05-31-2011 11:07 PM

So Please explain to me why, before I drop $500.00 on these....
1)Why do I get yours over someone elses?
2)Why are yours square tube when everyone else is round tube?
3)Will these "Help" the alignment issues, or, fix the issues? I have a 2010 Pre-runner with Icons in front and Dakars in the rear. I am lifted to 2.5" in front now but I want to level it out. Will these be able to accomplish that?

Thanks...

TheHansen 06-01-2011 07:27 AM

hopefully someone who has bought these posts up tire clearance and alignment #'s they got with these.

If those 2 things check out I'll pick up a set.

samsung 06-01-2011 07:39 AM

No special deals on the Total chaos uca's?

Downsouth Motorsports 06-01-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streaking10 Taco (Post 3247753)
So Please explain to me why, before I drop $500.00 on these....
1)Why do I get yours over someone elses?
2)Why are yours square tube when everyone else is round tube?
3)Will these "Help" the alignment issues, or, fix the issues? I have a 2010 Pre-runner with Icons in front and Dakars in the rear. I am lifted to 2.5" in front now but I want to level it out. Will these be able to accomplish that?

Thanks...

1)Why do I get yours over someone elses?
- Great price, quality components/construction and we think they look nicer than round tube.
2)Why are yours square tube when everyone else is round tube?
- We like the look of the boxed look much more. That's why we made them that way.
3)Will these "Help" the alignment issues, or, fix the issues? I have a 2010 Pre-runner with Icons in front and Dakars in the rear. I am lifted to 2.5" in front now but I want to level it out. Will these be able to accomplish that?
- They will fix the caster issue, as they have just under 3 degrees of built in caster.

For more specifics, post #6 of this thread...Thanks!


Quote:

Originally Posted by samsung
No special deals on the Total chaos uca's?


Sure, use TW Discount Coupon 'TCDISCOUNT' on our website. Thank you!

rmb_crew 06-01-2011 11:51 AM

I bought them when DSM first came out with them and they are awesome!!! The install is fairly easy. There is some minor difficulty on the install but thats for any type of UCAs. If you lift a vehicle you wont get the caster back into specs but this will help bring it back towards stock. mine currently sits around 2.0-2.5 and i have OME 886 coils and shocks. so it does help with getting it back in. I would recommend these to anyone. The quality is impeccable and you wont find a single flaw. i strongly recommend them!!!

samsung 06-01-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmb_crew (Post 3249489)
I bought them when DSM first came out with them and they are awesome!!! The install is fairly easy. There is some minor difficulty on the install but thats for any type of UCAs. If you lift a vehicle you wont get the caster back into specs but this will help bring it back towards stock. mine currently sits around 2.0-2.5 and i have OME 886 coils and shocks. so it does help with getting it back in. I would recommend these to anyone. The quality is impeccable and you wont find a single flaw. i strongly recommend them!!!

rmb crew, how do you like your OME 886 coil setup? I just put an arb bumper on my truck and i'm looking for some type of lift with stronger spring the help with the weight. any input would be appreciated.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 PM.