Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Group Buys (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/)
-   -   Gauging Interest: Zombie TRD Bedside Decals (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/286905-gauging-interest-zombie-trd-bedside-decals.html)

Ghostrider757 07-18-2013 02:05 AM

Gauging Interest: Zombie TRD Bedside Decals

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...inal_draft.PNG

Hey folks. I have been working with a graphic designer to get decals made for my truck and wanted to share this with everyone since I went through hell to get this to fruition and maybe I can save others some trouble. And sorry for the long post in advance :)

To be transparent, I'm not here to make a living off this, I am a DOD Contractor in Afghanistan that is coming home to the states for a couple of weeks on R&R. I will then return back to the sandbox for another year. FML.

I bought a 2013 DCSB for my girlfriend and will be picking it up and modding it when I get home Aug 2nd. She REALLY wanted the Zombie Response Unit bedside decals that were made by Sockmonkey. As we all know, he is no longer making decals. I tried to find others, but they just werent the same. I tracked down the exact fonts and graphics that are free on the web, contracted a graphic designer and well, was able to duplicate them I'd say.....to a "T". I paid more than most people would ever pay for this.....but my girlfriend has exceeded my expectations while I have been out of the country and deserves to get what she wants.

While I have duplicated Sockmonkeys work using the same free fonts and free graphics he used, this is in no way meant to disrespect him, fill his void or have a commercial business of any sort. I apologize if anyone feels I have done any of the above, not my intention. I'm a Network Admin, not a decal maker.

With that being said, If there is enough interest, I can order more decals for everyone that would like them. Keep in mind, this is a 1 SHOT DEAL. Meaning, Im only home for 2 weeks which is enough time for me to order them, have them printed and mail them out. I will not be doing this on a regular basis, just helping others since I already bit the bullet in cost.

I have a pic of the design but need a minor change to it before I can post it. I should have the final design in my email within the next 12 hours and I will post it. The one I will post is for my girlfriends truck. I would be able to do different colors as well. These are printed on 3M Clear Vinyl so the color of your truck will show through and are die cut 1/8 of an inch from the graphics.

If you have questions concerns, etc. Please let me know. Im not going to be upset if nobody wants these, I will have my set regardless. Just helping out. I also have another member on here who can vouch for me personally. Thanks for reading.

Cliffs notes:
Struggled to find a bedside decal for my GF.
Sharing is Caring.
Im not a decal maker, just play one on TW.
Recreated design using same free fonts.
No disrespect to SM Intended.
Group Buy? (One time deal)
Will post a pic shortly.
Heyyyyyyyy Macarena!

iJDub 07-18-2013 02:18 AM

No pix? And you can't say FML if you're a contractor ;)

Ghostrider757 07-18-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iJDub (Post 7177436)
No pix? And you can't say FML if you're a contractor ;)

I will post up a pic of the design in about 12 hours. I have one now but I needed to have them tweak it. I wont have "actual printed" pics until I get my set on Aug 2nd.

I agree with you there.....except the hajis dont discriminate who they hit with rockets. :) Oh, and i've been here for 10 months straight now....and will be here for another 13 months....so yeah, FML haha.

surfryhder 07-18-2013 05:00 AM

Im interested

Large 07-18-2013 05:05 AM

There is another vinyl decal maker that makes the ZRU decals, I bought them from him for $16 shipped to my door IIRC. Look him up in the BST marketplace.

Large 07-18-2013 05:08 AM

After looking at his decals again, there is a slight difference. I had Sockmonkey's on my 11 and I will be putting this member's on my 12 tomorrow and will share the pics.

Ghostrider757 07-18-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Large (Post 7177548)
There is another vinyl decal maker that makes the ZRU decals, I bought them from him for $16 shipped to my door IIRC. Look him up in the BST marketplace.

Yes, he was the first person I went to. Matter of fact, you can see his attempt at a decal in his thread....that one was for me. He was also very unresponsive, worked with him for 3 weeks and he wasnt capable of delivering what I want.

Vinyl decals that he offers compared to what im getting are night and day. Mine are printed on clear vinyl and equivalent to Sockmonkeys......HUGE difference.

If you are satisfied with $16 decals, by all means, go for it. Im offering a top quality decal.

Ghostrider757 07-18-2013 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I attached the Next to final draft.....just have to make a slight change to it. Its getting late out here, dont think I will have the final draft till tomorrow. Just wanted to give everyone an idea of what im taking about.

ferny 07-18-2013 09:40 AM

can we get these in all black?

Ghostrider757 07-18-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferny (Post 7178501)
can we get these in all black?

I can get them in any color. Just need to check with the printer on pricing. Trying to keep it as low as possible.

ferny 07-18-2013 09:54 AM

cool. Shoot me a PM with price bro. I may be intrested

SDSam 07-18-2013 10:25 AM

Interested also: blue if it color becomes an option.
Thanks

Ghostrider757 07-18-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferny (Post 7178560)
cool. Shoot me a PM with price bro. I may be intrested

This is gonna be a quick group buy if theres enough interest. Basically when I pick up the decals on Aug 2nd, Im going to verify Quality and put them on the truck. Take a pic, post it and get pricing then. August 10th, I will put in the order in for all those that paid and Ship them August 19th.

This process will go very quickly as I am on a time schedule before I head back to Afghanistan. Just need enough people to make this worth while.

ferny 07-18-2013 10:51 AM

understood. can i ask what the price range may be? sorry if you covered that already

Ghostrider757 07-18-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferny (Post 7178804)
understood. can i ask what the price range may be? sorry if you covered that already

As of right now, it looks like it is $39.99 per pair in any color plus $2.99 shipping. If we get over 25 pair, it goes down to $34.99 plus shipping.

ferny 07-18-2013 11:17 AM

Lets get it rolling! we dont have much time gentlmen!! lol

I like these

fireturk41 07-18-2013 11:29 AM

im a maybe

pcabinatan 07-18-2013 11:36 AM

Im Interested!

burg 07-18-2013 11:44 AM

I'm interested as well... But not with that color... I'll have to choose a different color.

Ghostrider757 07-18-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burg (Post 7179014)
I'm interested as well... But not with that color... I'll have to choose a different color.

Thats not a problem. You can pick any color you want