1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interest in a Thule Xsporter Rack Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Siebler, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 1, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    Siebler

Siebler [OP] Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    Anybody interested in a Group Buy on the Thule Xsporter racks? Price would depend on interest but would be worth it since Thule is MAP and all stores retail for the same amount.

The Socal guys would be getting the best deal as you could pick it up in SD, Oside, or Sunset Beach and not have to pay shipping.

For other guys we have awesome UPS Rates and if your within distance of one of the freight hubs you can pick up there for even less.

If you guys have an interest let me know and ill work out some prices with the owners. we are getting ready to do the Thule Preseason order so id like to get it rolling.

[​IMG]

2. Oct 3, 2009 at 10:34 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    What kind of price are we talking about?

3. Oct 4, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    Siebler

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    Price is somewhat dependent on the number of folks but Id like to save each member around $100.00.

Seeing as How Thule is MAP Pricing that is 100.00 more than you can save anywhere else.

Retail on these for these in 2009 is 599.95

4. Oct 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    MAP is advertised price it has nothing to do with what they retailer actually sells them for. If you talk to the retailers individually I’m sure many will offer individual discounts seeing as how the economy sucks. They just can’t advertise anything lower but are generally free to sell as they please. I’m talking in general sense not specific to Thule.

How do these affect the usage of the existing rails? I’m assuming they will not work my bed cover? I’d be interested if price were more a long the line of $400-450.

5. Oct 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    Siebler

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    For the use with existing rails, I assume you are talking about on the 2nd Gen trucks? With these ther is an adapter kit so it slides right into the rail.

No it will not work with any kind of bed cover as it mounts on the inside of your bed.

I know what MAP means we deal with a lot of vendors that use MAP in the Scuba and Kayak industry however I am making the point that you will not find a better price online and most large outlets do not put Thule on sale due to the low margins. All I am attempting to do is get some fellow Taco Lovers a good deal on an awesome rack.

6. Oct 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    Hey I scuba and kayak... Hook a brother up!! Maybe consider doing a GB for Thule stuff in general and not limit it to the specific rack. Also I’m assuming its $499 for the rack + the cost of the adapter kit?

7. Oct 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM
    Siebler

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    Yes 499.00 plus the adapters at 15% off.

For other Thule stuff I can do a flat discount of 15% for TW Members. A Group buy would be difficult as everybody seems to want something different.

As for the Scuba and kayak gear, let me know what you need. Always willing to help folks out with whatever I can.

8. Jun 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    Da Boy

Da Boy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner SR5 4 banger
    Has any one test fitted the XSporter with the 2010 access cab. With that plastic rail i'm having a hard time picturing how it would work out? Need something for the Kayaks and i like the idea of a bed rack best. The Thule fit guide did not have anything for the 2010 when i looked.

Suggestions welcome

9. Jun 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    I would consider it

10. Jun 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    Da Boy

Da Boy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner SR5 4 banger
    I did a bit more searching and saw a pic of an 09 with XSporter and the rails look the same...

You can call me interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top