Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

guns for protection

View Poll Results: What do you own your firearm for?
Protection. 412 33.33%
Hunting. 47 3.80%
Both of the above. 700 56.63%
Don't own any. 77 6.23%
Voters: 1236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #201
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylegz505 View Post
That thing looks like fun!

here is a vid with a little better quality. Not mine but I wouldnt mind having one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdnu...eature=related
Old 06-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #202
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBI8GylL2vU
Old 06-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #204
Tmak is on a distinguished road
Name: Troy
Tmak's Tacoma Gallery
Some of my best friends
Old 06-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #205
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
i own guns for collection hunting and home protection.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #206
Tacoma World is an addiction!
Kansas_SR5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Kansas_SR5's Tacoma Gallery
I carry for protection from all the whack-jobs out there(i.e. Fort Hood, Omaha, Neb mall, Virginia Tech, Salt Lake City mall.....you get my picture). I also have a few rifles and shotguns for hunting.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #207
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
I mainly own just because I enjoy shooting...

I love going to the range, love group shooting at friend's property, love skeet and trap shooting.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:14 AM   #208
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
I've had rifles for sport over the years...bought my first pistol a few months ago. I got it for protection, but after taking it to the range, I can see how it gets addicting, wanting to get better, etc. I also already want another...more of a compact.

Then I started watching Top Shot which just makes even more interested. I can see how people can get really into guns.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #209
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
kel tec sub2000... fo sho shot mine today
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #210
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
i carry everyday...never know when ur gonna need it....went out riding atvs about a month ago with my gf. i was riding on the tree farm i use to work at since i was 12 and the family who owns it knew my family before i was born. their property backs up to some township land where a water reserve/pond thing is and there is NEVER anyone there. we always rode back there. Well my gf begged me not to take my gun cas she didnt want me to loose it and didnt think we'd need it. Well what do u know some dude comes out waving a 12 gauge pointed at both of us. threating to call the police hooting and hollering. the gf was scared to death, and i told her dont say a word let me handle it. well it was just a miss understanding once i told him who i was and i am family of his neighbor he put the 12 gauge down and let us ride on. apparently there was some shady people doing shady things back there before (shouldnt really matter cas its not his land)

moral of the story...i wouldnt of been the only person with a gun pointed at me if i was carrying.

Right after he left...i looked to my gf and said thats why I carry a gun. Since then i have never heard another peep out of her about it.

this is my carry gun....beretta px4 storm subcompact in a S&W .40 with a cross breed super tuck holster (not pictured) il snap one of that later

Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #211
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dru
drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Glock 19, glock 21, baretta tomcat and my noveski ar-15. All for protection and blowing shit up at lake pillsburry shooting spot. I've never had to draw on anyone, but would not hesitate if that was the case. I love all my guns, looking to buy a banelli semi auto soon to add to the collection. If your girl doesn't like guns, keep it where she wont find it, or get a safe and tell her to shut her mouth
Old 06-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #212
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
i carry everyday...never know when ur gonna need it....went out riding atvs about a month ago with my gf. i was riding on the tree farm i use to work at since i was 12 and the family who owns it knew my family before i was born. their property backs up to some township land where a water reserve/pond thing is and there is NEVER anyone there. we always rode back there. Well my gf begged me not to take my gun cas she didnt want me to loose it and didnt think we'd need it. Well what do u know some dude comes out waving a 12 gauge pointed at both of us. threating to call the police hooting and hollering. the gf was scared to death, and i told her dont say a word let me handle it. well it was just a miss understanding once i told him who i was and i am family of his neighbor he put the 12 gauge down and let us ride on. apparently there was some shady people doing shady things back there before (shouldnt really matter cas its not his land)

moral of the story...i wouldnt of been the only person with a gun pointed at me if i was carrying.

Right after he left...i looked to my gf and said thats why I carry a gun. Since then i have never heard another peep out of her about it.

this is my carry gun....beretta px4 storm subcompact in a S&W .40 with a cross breed super tuck holster (not pictured) il snap one of that later
I'm confused as to how carrying would have made that situation go better...

Seems like all you would have done is escalate the situation into a giant prick-waving contest instead of using your brain/communication skills.

For what it's worth, I think you handled the situation admirably whether you had been carrying or not.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #213
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
I'm confused as to how carrying would have made that situation go better...

Seems like all you would have done is escalate the situation into a giant prick-waving contest instead of using your brain/communication skills.
+1 if I was holding the shotgun and someone reached for a gun, they would have gotten shot in a heartbeat...
Old 07-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #214
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I got a shotgun for hunting and trap, wouldn't be very useful in a home invasion unless they are standing across the house. And a POF P 415 for sport and protection if it came down to it, maybe once i have more money ill be able to get a 6.8spc upper for it and be able to hunt with it.

Old post I know but i was just reading this and came across this post.

But i can assure you, there is nothing more scary than being in a dark room trying to rob the place and hearing the "pump" of an 870 from a dark corner.

Dont believe me? Ask Anthony Wilson. http://northcentralregionaljail.info/?BookingID=2662909

Bastard tried to break into my hunting camp 2nd day of turkey season a few years ago.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #215
ZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really nice

Name: John
ZZBlueComet's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever fire a .600 Nitro Express, you haven't lived.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #216
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Bullpup /Kimber

Most of the time I have my 9 shot Bullpup but in a more formal setting I go with the Kimber .45 covert 2. I wish I could walk around with the Moss. It's all in fun.
Attached Thumbnails
guns for protection-dscn4384.jpg   guns for protection-dscn4385.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #217
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
both. i got a shot gun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive. a country boy can survive. lol. and we have a few pistols.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #218
Rookie
txtrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
txtrd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Glock23 for personal protection. I have a Mossberg 500 12ga to maintain hog populations and clay shoot, and a Remington 1100 20ga for my wife to shoot skeet/clay.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #219
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
in the next month i should have a GLOCK 31 i think. with work. (shoots the 357 sig round) and we are going to buy back the 22 he carries right now. other than that all other gun are in the main safe an unloaded.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #220
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I had a guy break into my house early one morning, while I was asleep on the couch. I had my pistol on the table next to me. When the door came flying open, I sat up, and drew the weapon, and tried to keep the front sight on his upper body. He left with haste, and was later aprehended by LEO. I use guns for hunting and protection.
Great Job brother.!!!!!!
I carry all the time. Protection for me and especially my family.