Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

guns for protection

View Poll Results: What do you own your firearm for?
Protection. 412 33.33%
Hunting. 47 3.80%
Both of the above. 700 56.63%
Don't own any. 77 6.23%
Voters: 1236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #361
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
mostly just because i like to shoot and have fun. i just like guns - they're cool. but between the two options, hunting and protection, the answer is protection.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #362
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Bow and arrows are silent. I voted both.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #363
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
mostly just because i like to shoot and have fun. i just like guns - they're cool. but between the two options, hunting and protection, the answer is protection.
x2
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #364
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
We do need an "Enjoyment" button on the poll.

I carry for protection, and own guns for enjoyment/recreation. I'm always up for target shooting (paper and steel) with handguns, sporting clays with shotguns, short range paper with 30/30 or "western" rifles, and long range paper with heavy iron (.308). Cleaning and maintenance isn't a chore, it's quality time.

But, I don't hunt any more - haven't for 20 years. All I shoot animals with now is a camera. Just a softy I guess.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #365
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by On An Island View Post
We do need an "Enjoyment" button on the poll.

I carry for protection, and own guns for enjoyment/recreation. I'm always up for target shooting (paper and steel) with handguns, sporting clays with shotguns, short range paper with 30/30 or "western" rifles, and long range paper with heavy iron (.308). Cleaning and maintenance isn't a chore, it's quality time.

But, I don't hunt any more - haven't for 20 years. All I shoot animals with now is a camera. Just a softy I guess.
Same here. I still hunt some. I don't think its soft,its work. Easy part is the pull of trigger. All else is work.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #367
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Wow.......really funny..........kinda!?!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #368
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
The most interesting man in the world says..............
Attached Thumbnails
guns for protection-glock-ii.jpg  
Old 07-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #369
jlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jlove1974's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the option for 'to defend ourselves against tyranny'?
Otherwise I guess I own em for the same reason as my forefathers who landing in Virginia in 1760. They put food on the table and fools in their place.

Also, that guy in the video wants to be Jimmy Pop from the Bloodhound Gang, but he's neither as fun nor as musical.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #370
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wkrn.com/story/22961159/s...tol?hpt=ju_bn4

To bad she was not better trained. This could have been a bad deal.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #371
DD977GM2 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Gunners Mate 2nd Class
DD977GM2's Tacoma Gallery
I own firearms because its my right as a Citizen of this great nation and the fact that i am capable of owning them.

I voted both the above the the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting and not necessarily about protection.
I am not a huge fan of people referencing the ability to own firearms for hunting. At least this included protection
which I feel is one of the major reasons folks get firearms, at least later on in life after they experience a breech of
their persnal security and are scared at the very least.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #372
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you can get firearm license for reason protection in Canada other than work of course. When I got a call from RCMP my reason is target shooting and hobby other reason will probably raises a red "canadian" flag. I know I know it's not super awesome like in the states
Old 09-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #373
Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal...
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Both.
I've hunted my whole life, and I started carrying for personal defense when I moved out of my small hometown and started working retail. Something about the nightly cash drops of several thousand dollars made me long for something with a little more authority than my Buck folder.
It all kind of snowballed from there; now I've got a carry gun for every season, and multiple hunting guns for every season. Sometimes in the fall I have to flip a coin before I head out for deer or partridge....
Old 09-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #374
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
For enjoyment and protection.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:24 AM   #375
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I use them for protection and just being able to own them for the reasons stated in the constitution... Plus if I could I would love to own a mini gun for protection
Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #376
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
I use them for protection and just being able to own them for the reasons stated in the constitution... Plus if I could I would love to own a mini gun for protection
You can if you're rich.

Any semi auto can be made full auto, some are super easy. I've heard that a .22 full auto shoots faster than an uzi and it's WAY cheaper to shoot....well it was a little while back anyway. Of course that kind of fun potentially comes at the cost of federal pound you in the ass prison.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #377
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
just buy a bumpski stock for a 10/22 then you can bumpfire a 22lr then no worries about prison lol
Old 10-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #378
totmacher has a spectacular aura abouttotmacher has a spectacular aura about

totmacher's Tacoma Gallery
have a few mostly for target shooting but I guess home protection too.

Used my 9mm once for home defense once but didn't draw it. Kid (like 18 or so) just saw it and problem solved.

Heard a pounding at my door at around 2am. By the time I got out of bed, no one at the door. Put 9mm partially in jacket pocket but kept hold of grip to draw if needed then went out for a walk-around of the property. Saw someone ~50 yards out walking away in the street. By the time I got back around to the front door, he was on the porch knocking again. He asked if I had "anything good" for him. Then his eyes went real big he nearly fell trying to get off the porch while apologizing for bothering me and saying something about a "gat". Once off the porch he tried to run but stumbled and dropped his joint. Fell over looking for it, found it, apologized some more, then ran like hell. So I went in and called the cops. Deputy told us the previous owner of the house was a suspected small time dealer. Never saw that kid again.

Wife said she was freakin out peeping through the blinds at it while I was just trying not to laugh at the kid. She thought he was rushing me when he stumbled off the steps because she couldn't see his face to know he was just stoned out of his mind and about the pi$$ himself.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #379
CelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Keep one loaded behind our door, and a few under our beds, we have a home protection shotgun we just keep in the house/dont hunt with it.. We mainly use our guns for hunting though!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #380
MiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MiniBike's Tacoma Gallery
Hunted a little as a teenager, but Publix is too convenient now. Now just the range for practice and we keep a couple handy when we travel.

Used once for protection about 35 years ago. Was making a late night bank deposit when some punk stepped up, put something sharp against my side and asked for the bag (Saturday night's restaurant receipts). All I could think about was how hard we had worked for that money! Anyway, I gave it to him and when he turned to run, I turned and took out his kneecap - from behind. He dropped, I sat down and held the gun on him. There was a cop patrolling nearby, who heard the shot and came right over. It wasn't like the movies, I was still mad!

This was back when cops knew who the good guys and bad guys were, so once he assessed the situation (the punk was still screaming and still holding my deposit bag), he came over, smiled and told me I should have aimed higher.

I only wanted to stop the thief, not kill him, but I didn't fully know the ways of the world. The cop explained that the thief could sue me for damages. I was nervous for a few years, but nothing ever happened. The thief pled guilty so I never had to testify. I was lucky.

I think I saw him a few years later. A guy was walking my way with a severe limp and when he got close, he got this wierd look of fear in his eyes and went way around me. I dunno - could have been him?

It heightened my awareness of surroundings and nobody can sneak up on me anymore! That was my mistake.