Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

guns for protection

View Poll Results: What do you own your firearm for?
Protection. 412 33.33%
Hunting. 47 3.80%
Both of the above. 700 56.63%
Don't own any. 77 6.23%
Voters: 1236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #361
Crusher69 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
Crusher69's Tacoma Gallery
been thinkn about joining Nra
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #362
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
nice contribution...

I just got a G19 that I will be getting a raven concealment vanguard 2 for a new ccw.
Is that concealable in a untucked t-shirt?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #363
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
Is that concealable in a untucked t-shirt?
yea. he pulls it at 55 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuo-EjlJWpk
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #364
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhJyX7vHXSw
Old 01-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #365
Newman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Newman's Tacoma Gallery
Where's the "because I love guns" option?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #366
empty hull is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
empty hull's Tacoma Gallery
I have been around guns most of my life and I'm soon to be 54. I hunt, shoot skeet and target shoot. I also reload. Guns for protection? Maybe so but I just like to shoot! Tim
Old 03-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #367
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
mostly just because i like to shoot and have fun. i just like guns - they're cool. but between the two options, hunting and protection, the answer is protection.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #368
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Bow and arrows are silent. I voted both.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #369
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
mostly just because i like to shoot and have fun. i just like guns - they're cool. but between the two options, hunting and protection, the answer is protection.
x2
Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #370
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
We do need an "Enjoyment" button on the poll.

I carry for protection, and own guns for enjoyment/recreation. I'm always up for target shooting (paper and steel) with handguns, sporting clays with shotguns, short range paper with 30/30 or "western" rifles, and long range paper with heavy iron (.308). Cleaning and maintenance isn't a chore, it's quality time.

But, I don't hunt any more - haven't for 20 years. All I shoot animals with now is a camera. Just a softy I guess.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #371
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by On An Island View Post
We do need an "Enjoyment" button on the poll.

I carry for protection, and own guns for enjoyment/recreation. I'm always up for target shooting (paper and steel) with handguns, sporting clays with shotguns, short range paper with 30/30 or "western" rifles, and long range paper with heavy iron (.308). Cleaning and maintenance isn't a chore, it's quality time.

But, I don't hunt any more - haven't for 20 years. All I shoot animals with now is a camera. Just a softy I guess.
Same here. I still hunt some. I don't think its soft,its work. Easy part is the pull of trigger. All else is work.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #373
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Wow.......really funny..........kinda!?!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #374
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
The most interesting man in the world says..............
Attached Thumbnails
guns for protection-glock-ii.jpg  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #375
jlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jlove1974's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the option for 'to defend ourselves against tyranny'?
Otherwise I guess I own em for the same reason as my forefathers who landing in Virginia in 1760. They put food on the table and fools in their place.

Also, that guy in the video wants to be Jimmy Pop from the Bloodhound Gang, but he's neither as fun nor as musical.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #376
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wkrn.com/story/22961159/s...tol?hpt=ju_bn4

To bad she was not better trained. This could have been a bad deal.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #377
DD977GM2 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Gunners Mate 2nd Class
DD977GM2's Tacoma Gallery
I own firearms because its my right as a Citizen of this great nation and the fact that i am capable of owning them.

I voted both the above the the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting and not necessarily about protection.
I am not a huge fan of people referencing the ability to own firearms for hunting. At least this included protection
which I feel is one of the major reasons folks get firearms, at least later on in life after they experience a breech of
their persnal security and are scared at the very least.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #378
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you can get firearm license for reason protection in Canada other than work of course. When I got a call from RCMP my reason is target shooting and hobby other reason will probably raises a red "canadian" flag. I know I know it's not super awesome like in the states
Old 09-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #379
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Both.
I've hunted my whole life, and I started carrying for personal defense when I moved out of my small hometown and started working retail. Something about the nightly cash drops of several thousand dollars made me long for something with a little more authority than my Buck folder.
It all kind of snowballed from there; now I've got a carry gun for every season, and multiple hunting guns for every season. Sometimes in the fall I have to flip a coin before I head out for deer or partridge....
Old 09-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #380
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
For enjoyment and protection.