Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

guns for protection

View Poll Results: What do you own your firearm for?
Protection. 412 33.33%
Hunting. 47 3.80%
Both of the above. 700 56.63%
Don't own any. 77 6.23%
Voters: 1236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #21
RichardG has a spectacular aura aboutRichardG has a spectacular aura aboutRichardG has a spectacular aura about
RichardG's Tacoma Gallery
Both.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #22
livinthegoodlife is on a distinguished road

livinthegoodlife's Tacoma Gallery
I hunt manly, when we had a attempted home invasion three houses down, a few months back, I took the shotgun out and had it next to my bed because the guys where still not caught by police.

My father and I own four firearms:

Ruger 10/22
Remington 870 express with 27inch barrel
Savage 93R17 FXP
and a Winchester model 1894 AE 30/30

when we get a handgun we will probably use that for self defense/ plinker.

Any one have a NAA mini revolver in .22LR? How does it shoot?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #23
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Protection and practicing at the range so I can use it effectively. I haven't yet had to pull it in defense but I have it for the day when it's needed.

As for the reluctant spouse, let her watch a couple of post-apocalyptic movies over a few nights in a row, maybe a couple of the "Life after Oil" pseudo-documentaries, and then discuss.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #24
sawyer'sdad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
sawyer'sdad's Tacoma Gallery
both
Old 07-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #25
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I had a guy break into my house early one morning, while I was asleep on the couch. I had my pistol on the table next to me. When the door came flying open, I sat up, and drew the weapon, and tried to keep the front sight on his upper body. He left with haste, and was later aprehended by LEO. I use guns for hunting and protection.

Had the pistol on the table beside you as you napped? Man... I have been known to sleepwalk and would never try that. I take it (hope that) you don't have kids around the house?

I keep my pistol and boomstick locked up (as per Canadian law) and would have to improvise if I didn't have time to get to my gun locker. I don't foresee people entering my home and shooting me so suddenly as is seen in movies and on tv. I think I could scramble to a bedroom if I had to.

Far as I can tell from my experience in law enforcement, if you don't sell crack or cook drugs in your house, you have time to go to a gun locker.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:45 AM   #26
i work for the Empire
JustTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crew Chief A/R
Name: justin
JustTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i carry my 1911 everywere, its on me at all times, someone famous once said, "its better have it and not need it, then need it and not have it"
Old 07-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #27
4421.frank is on a distinguished road
4421.frank's Tacoma Gallery
my old man was an avid hunter and I would follow him on his hunting trips. whEN he passed away he left me his shotguns and a rifle. I keep them now more so for sentimental reason than anything although it's comforting to know that if something ever did go down, I do have an ace in the hole. After the recent supreme court ruling about handguns ownership in my fair city though, I would like to perhaps purchase one in the future although I will have to get a foid card. My grnadfather said "that an armed society, is a polite society"
Old 07-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #28
taco G will become famous soon enoughtaco G will become famous soon enough
taco G's Tacoma Gallery
i use my 30.06 for hunting as per canadian law, i must keep my firearms locked up at all times, as for handguns they are classified as restricted arms, the only people packing these are the criminals,get this if someone breaks into my home with a gun threatning my family and i kill him i go to prison. backward country i live in ,criminals have more rights than law abiding citzens
Old 07-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #29
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
.243 for deer
(2) 30-06 for deer
12 gauge handed down from my grandpa, worth a lot of money
16 gauge for squirrels/rabbits
20 gauge for squirrels/rabbits
.22 for squirrels/rabbits/varmints
(2) Muzzleloaders for deer
Just bought a Ruger P95 9mm to keep in the truck for protection/just to shoot
And my dad has a .380 that he keeps on him/in his truck
Old 07-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #30
Iram is on a distinguished road
Iram's Tacoma Gallery
You're missing "Competition" from the poll choices.

I've got two handguns, one purchased originally for carry and home defense [S&W 908] and the other for both carry and IDPA competitions [S&W M&P 9c].

My rifle was originally purchased for competition, but I never got into rifle competition much. It turned into a "tacticool" rifle with lots of useless gadgets that will never be used. I suppose I'm ready if the zombies ever attack, but it's mostly just fun to shoot.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #31
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
i was recently given a maverick 88 12g shotgun for my birthday. i always carry it to my work in"the Ghetto" and its proven itself to keep little gang bangers out of my shop. other than that i use my 30.06 for deer
Old 07-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #32
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with Iram. I've shot IPSC for years. Pistol competition is in my blood. I guess not many members here are real pistol competition shooters. I do have my CCW license and am a NRA certified pistol instructor. I've never pointed a gun at anyone in anger. Being able to avoid situations that call for firearms is key. But don't get me wrong. If the need arises I can deliver.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:46 AM   #33
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post
I'm with Iram. I've shot IPSC for years. Pistol competition is in my blood. I guess not many members here are real pistol competition shooters. I do have my CCW license and am a NRA certified pistol instructor. I've never pointed a gun at anyone in anger. Being able to avoid situations that call for firearms is key. But don't get me wrong. If the need arises I can deliver.
Being aware is what is needed most followed by being able to determine what action is needed.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #34
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
if your girl is against shooting, sounds like you need to get a gun and take her shooting. my guess is that she has never even shot a gun and has made assumptions that all guns are bad and so are people that have them. Take her shooting and show her that they can be fun.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #35
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Lil'Taco;1928974]I got a shotgun for hunting and trap, wouldn't be very useful in a home invasion unless they are standing across the house. [quote]
With any sort of birdshot, even "across the house" won't do more than give them a bunch of pock marks and piss them off How do I know?

I've worked in Detroit hospitals.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #36
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
I've got guns for protection. I've got a lot of guns because I like them and find them interesting. It's amazing to me how simple some designs are.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #37
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
A pair of these carried in a custom shoulder holster rig would be my choice:

Old 07-05-2010, 04:01 AM   #38
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post
A pair of these carried in a custom shoulder holster rig would be my choice:

so you can tacticool someone to death?
Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #39
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
mossberg .270
random .22 LR
random 12 ga pump
remington 870 wingmaster 12 ga pump
random 20 ga pump
old 12 ga double barrel
H&R 20 ga break barrel
browning 9mm pistol
ruger .44 super blackhawk 10 1/2" barrel

all were gifts or inherited. wouldnt mind a desert eagle .50 for fun. want to eventually get a smaller pistol for CCW
Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #40
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
wouldnt mind a desert eagle .50 for fun.
I was finally able to shoot one of these last year. I couldn't hit shit with it at first but when I finally did . . . . wow. I've always wanted one but I don't think I could afford enough ammo to get good with it. Ahhh crap. I don't know who I'm trying to convince. I still want one.