1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

guns for protection

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Swwacoma, Jul 2, 2010.

?

What do you own your firearm for?

1. Protection.

412 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Hunting.

47 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Both of the above.

700 vote(s)
    56.6%
  4. Don't own any.

77 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Aug 25, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    TacoMo510

TacoMo510 newb

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4 5spd
    k&n drop-in air filter, deckplate mod
    i love my 9mm. never had to discharge at anybody, yet. but it has got me out of a few sticky situations.

2. Aug 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence

X2

And to Marioso - go take a weapons class, educate yourself, remember lethal force should always be the last resort, and know the laws for your state. When you progress to the stage of thinking logically about firearms and not which one is cool then consider purchasing one. (Please don't take offense.)
    I personally love Glocks, always have and always will. They are not pretty, if that's what you want, but they will always fire. My carry is a G-27 .40 round isn't too expensive, easy to find, and will definitely leave a mark.

3. Aug 26, 2010 at 4:26 AM
    Tidrow

Tidrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    PreRunnin' 08
    BHLM, All Black grill, Fog light Mod, AFE pro dry, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Kenwood deck, Bridgestone AT Revo 2
    You don't need a gun to protect yourself in Central Tx. I lived in San Diego for 5 years and never needed a gun there either. My guns are only for hunting. I wouldn't point them at anyone.

4. Aug 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    And I hope, for your sake, that you never need to change your mind.

5. Aug 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    I certainly hope that you or your family are never in a situation where you wished you had a weapon with you or where lethal force may be neccesary.

I have been only in one situation where I have had to point my weapon at a human being in self defense and for me it was quite a sickening feeling but was left with no choice. I personally hope to never have to do it again but I am prepared for whatever comes....

6. Aug 26, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    fftank76

fftank76 FIREFIGHTER

Member:
    First Name:
    TANK
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double cab
    right now i only got a rockford fosgate 12 thin line beind passenger seat got rockford fosgate class d 2000 watts pushin it i got swaybar removed 3 in lift 2 miniphantom lightbars whelen siren box and siren rod holders diff breather mod
    ok so i use mine to hunt protect and target shoot alot i guess im just a gun lover i have many guns by myself and others my girl and i bought together i was blessed to find one that is just as passionate about firearms and hunting for food as i am as far as drawing down on somebody i only have once but he was trespassing and poaching so i drew down on him with my ar and took his rifle told him he could pick it up at game wrden wouldnt ya know it after 90 days if they dont pick it up its yours!

7. Aug 30, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    Dimonback

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle:
    This is what you're talking about. Guaranteed to make even the most blinged up no-mind gangbanger stop in his tracks.

deagle.jpg

8. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Hate to sound paranoid, but I'm willing to be there are thousands of people who could have said that same thing, up till the day they found out different. You really believe there are NO bad guys in central Texas? Really? It only takes 1. My wife and I moved into a house last year where the owner never locked his door. He lived here for nearly 20 years, never had a break in and left all doors unlocked. Last month the next door neighbor's house was broken into. Like I said, only takes 1 time.

9. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    Dimonback

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle:
    There's a steady deterioration going on here in the states, and all over the world- of honor, integrity, work ethic, and morals. When I was growing up in Omaha in the 60s, owning a gun for protection was unheard of. We had shotguns for pheasant, 30-30 and 30-06 for deer, and .22 pistols for burning cheap ammo on plinking and learning about firearms. Punishments for infractions were severe, either from parents or those in authority, and the lessons were damn well learned. Cops carried .38 /.357 Smith and Wessons and never wondered if they would be outgunned by bad guys, let alone worrying about how young their next arrestee might be.

I blame my generation of parents for raising their kids in absence of those core values, a condition which passed along to the next generation, steadily growing worse as young adults found no harsh rules to live by. They(we) found it too hard to combine love and discipline, congratulating themselves for living up to their self-made promise NOT to raise their kids the way their parents did.

Those who fail to arm themselves both mentally and physically against this deterioration will be victims of those raised to take full advantage of their weakness.

10. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    I think it is the fact that parents can't beat the shit out of their kids when they screw up. Kids of today have no fear of a parental ass whipping....

11. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    Dimonback

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle:
    Pretty much what I was trying to say. Add in the criminalization of corporal punishment in schools, and the vilification (or arrest) of parents disciplining their kids in public, and gee... there's yer problem.

My kids... one daughter of my own, and two stepdaughters, were and are raised with love AND discipline. I may be viewed as harsh by some, but there's never been any question of what was expected. And they take responsibility for their actions.

12. Aug 31, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    02 Sequoia
    I have my CCW and carry for protection. I am big enough that I carry a Sig P220 .45 on a regular bases and then when 'printing' is a a major concern I have a Sig P232 .380. I never leave home without one of them.

I pray that I will never need them, but I going shooting with buddies on a regular bases. Practice makes perfect.... and more comfortable with them... and just plan fun!

My father is a retired LEO and he gave me words to live by, "It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

13. Sep 1, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    4x4FishTaco

4x4FishTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4wd, TRD Off Road, Dbl cab, Mag. Grey
    All stock (not for long)
    Both here, can never have too many guns.

14. Sep 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    Dimonback

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle:
    For those who think that gun control will keep the peace, take a look at this newspaper from an English Protectorate where private gun ownership is banned and tourists mistakenly bringing a single loaded bullet (not the gun, mind you) are arrested and jailed: http://www.royalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/index.jsp

Do a search on this website for shootings, and find that gun violence has been escalating for three years now to the point where there is an incident per week- on a 26 mile by 1.5 mile island, where everyone knows everyone.

I lived there for 4 years, after leaving all my guns at home.

15. Sep 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    davestaco

davestaco TW's number one gear whore

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Schofield Barracks
    Vehicle:
    00' tacoma xtra cab trd v6 4x4
    mine go both ways.....where i live i cant hunt with a rifle so i have numerous shotguns. one is used as home defence. dont laught but its my.410 shotgun i got as a kid is small so its easliy usable in a home defence setting and the round is weak enough that it wont obliterate the intruder so i can watch there ass get sent to prison. But ill break out the mossberg if i have to hahaha. I plan on getting a Smith and Wesson M&P chamberd in .357 sig or .45 for carry soon.

EDIT: i also have many machetes and knives that would do the trick to...the mechete staysin the taco.

16. Sep 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    snorola

snorola Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Canmore Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Dbl Cab
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Eibach 14" 650lb springs Camburg UCA's All pro expo springs OME rear shocks All pro front bumper All pro IFS skid All pro sliders SCS f5 matt black rims Lightforce blitz 240's
    I guess living in america you need to carry a gun for protection as it is a pretty unsafe country.... because everyone else carries guns :p

I come from New Zealand, you can't even own a hand gun down there. Cops don't even carry guns, just a baton... must sound like a pretty terrible place to ya'll :p

17. Sep 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    davestaco

davestaco TW's number one gear whore

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Schofield Barracks
    Vehicle:
    00' tacoma xtra cab trd v6 4x4
    haha sometime i wish it was like that in the state my brother was at a bank atm and a old crown vic pulled in the wrong way with there brights on and got out the car and started to walk towards him. and my brother aint a little guy. he turned pulled his para warthog .45 racked the slide and got into shooting position and they would be attackers turned and ran back into there car and got out of dodge! and this is in a small country town where every one knows every one. this is why me and him both have many many firearms.

18. Sep 9, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    senna

senna Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose CA.
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAB TRD-OR OME shocks 885 and AAL
    I don't imagine there were any criminals with guns :confused:.

19. Sep 10, 2010 at 5:53 AM
    Dimonback

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle:
    Except for the fact that I enjoy shooting, it doesn't sound so bad at all. But the simple fact is that even a country that bans guns will eventually have them- in the hands of criminals. See my post above.

20. Sep 11, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    rv210

rv210 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    ***HAD***05 quadcab 4x4 taco
    bed cover, piaa led's, bfg a/t tires,17' pro comp 6089 rims,billies 5100's in front set at 1.75'
    12 gauge shotgun waiting and ready for any sob that thinks they can break into my castle!

Products Discussed in

To Top