Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

guns for protection

View Poll Results: What do you own your firearm for?
Protection. 412 33.33%
Hunting. 47 3.80%
Both of the above. 700 56.63%
Don't own any. 77 6.23%
Voters: 1236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
guns for protection

Just curious how many of yall carry solely for the purpose of protection vs those that have guns for hunting purposes. Just for the record Im pro gun, but dont own any...maybe one day (although prolly not cuz my fiance is completely opposed to guns).

Also, if yall dont mind getting personal, how many of you have had to pull your gun in a protection situation? What were the circumstances? If I ever get a firearm it would be for protection/range use only....but ultimately at the end of the day I'm not sure if I'd have the balls in a home invasion to do anything other then hide under the covers and piss my pants like an 8 year old.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Guns make you feel like a man. You'll be fine. Just come out blazin' and sort through everything later.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i dont hunt...my guns are solely for protection and recreation
Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
rackatak has a spectacular aura aboutrackatak has a spectacular aura aboutrackatak has a spectacular aura about
rackatak's Tacoma Gallery
I carry for protection but like luk8272 I have a rifle and shotgun at home. I haven't been hunting in years. Never had to draw it yet, but I like knowing it is there if/when I need it.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I had a guy break into my house early one morning, while I was asleep on the couch. I had my pistol on the table next to me. When the door came flying open, I sat up, and drew the weapon, and tried to keep the front sight on his upper body. He left with haste, and was later aprehended by LEO. I use guns for hunting and protection.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
mine are tools. i use them for hunting..but if something goes wrong the roles would change.

well, my sig isnt for hunting..altho i have taken rabbits with it.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i dont hunt...my guns are solely for protection and recreation
x2.

This is crazy timing because last week I purchased my very first gun. I bought it for personal/home protection and I hope it will never have to be used for such, but it is for recreation, too, and I love this gun. It's a Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Guns are used for more than just protection & hunting. You need a HOBBY button in your poll.

We have one gun primarily for protection and we have 3 other shotguns for shooting.....trap/skeet, etc. I don't hunt. We own about 8 airsoft guns for recreation also.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
my guns are for hunting and protection....and for just going to the range just to shoot.

the guns i have...

old marlin .30/.30 lever action
mossberg 88 maverick 12 gauge
mossberg 500 field/deer gun(2 barrels..one for shot..one slug)
remington 7400 semi-auto .270
old ass 3 shot bolt action .410
cva wolf in-line muzzleloader
remington 597 .22 semi-auto
beretta 8040 cougar .40 caliber semi
charter arms .38special police undercover revolver
h and r 11 shot .22 revolver

all these i use and i have a few old antiques i got when my dad passed.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
my water gun is for recreation mainly but i have had to use it a few times for protection wen the cat decides to charge at me.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Guns are used for more than just protection & hunting. You need a HOBBY button in your poll.

We have one gun primarily for protection and we have 3 other shotguns for shooting.....trap/skeet, etc. I don't hunt. We own about 8 airsoft guns for recreation also.
+1
Target sports are not included in your poll
Old 07-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
My staple gun is a tool and is to be used accordingly.

The nailgun, however, is just plain fun.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #17
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
The nailgun, however, is just plain fun.
Nailgun you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SIHHi790ldE
Old 07-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #18
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
I live in TEXAS!! We all have guns! There isnt anyone I know here personally that doesnt have guns! I hunt as well as target shoot and for proctection also. But some have just been passed down through the years.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swwacoma View Post
Epic.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I got a shotgun for hunting and trap, wouldn't be very useful in a home invasion unless they are standing across the house. And a POF P 415 for sport and protection if it came down to it, maybe once i have more money ill be able to get a 6.8spc upper for it and be able to hunt with it.