Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Looking for a flashlight

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #21
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
Really good input and websites. Thanks all.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #22
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
wow everything at that batteryjunction is expensive as shit!

Quality costs...
Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #23
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
surefire..bro.

surefire batteries are cheapest from (wait for it.....).....surefire. i'm lucky, i have cop and firemen friends that give them to me.

as for a cheap flashlight? surefire G2 nitrolon is what $30? cheap enough? i got a G3 nitrolon on sale for $49, and that is like flipping on the sun. we had enough light from that torch to let a buddy shoot a hog with a crossbow in complete darkness. what a rush! nitrolons are surefires..100% just plastic. very very tough plastic.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #24
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Streamlight Jr Luxeon. Tailcap button, 2AA batteries. I use it as a mechanic, and camping. Rugged, batteries last about 6hrs. About $30.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #25
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
My dad is in love wiht his new LED Maglite. he said he got it for $10
Old 07-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #26
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 6p led surefire 120 lumins for 12 hours on 123s
Old 07-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #27
hkbeliever will become famous soon enoughhkbeliever will become famous soon enough
hkbeliever's Tacoma Gallery
another vote for the fenix but I like the P1D model...always in my pocket. Battery is one cr123 but I order those directly from surefire for about a buck a battery online. Dont go with anything that uses AAA batteries...twice as much as AA and half the battery life. The great thing about lithium batteries is that they are not effected temperature extremes and they wont spew acid in your light after a year like normal batteries. 180 Lumens and 5 watt LED which makes a huge differnce. It is as bright a my 2 battery incandescent Z2 surefire!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #28
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Fenix, Olight, JetBeam all great stuff, as is Streamlight and SureFire with the latter a bit pricey. Is size a concern for you? I have several 2 cell 123a lights that are sweet and the size of a roll of coins. My newest light is a 4Sevens Quark Cr2 power almost 200 lumens and tiny. CR123s are available for a good price at the right places, I buy a case of 12 SureFires for $18.00 dollars. Check out 4Seven.com they have a ton of lights. The new one I mentioned is on the far right.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for a flashlight-803776196_cbxe4-l.jpg  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #29
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got one of these on my key chain, its super bright and has two levels of brightness

Nitecore CR2. Damn bright for a tiny package.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-cr2-q5.html
Old 07-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #30
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
This is my baby and I pull wood every time I need to use it. It's the Streamlight Stinger DS (double-shot, meaning it has a button on the side and one also on the back). It has 3 light intensity settings, including a 4th one which is strobing:

Not cheap, but the beam is very tight even at great distances (like 1/2 mile!). It's an insane light, and it's just small enough to fit with vehicle charger in my armrest storage. I hard wired it to be in there all the time charging whenever my truck is on. I have another older Stinger which uses the same battery pack so I just keep it charging at home. About $120 shipped from Amazon but it's the best flashlight I've ever had, especially for the size.

C4® LED RECHARGEABLE POLYMER FLASHLIGHT

The PolyStinger DS® LED combines C4 LED technology with rechargeablilty generating the lowest operating costs of any flashlight made!
  • DUAL SWITCH TECHNOLOGY – Access any of the three variable lighting modes and strobe via the tail cap or the head-mounted switch
  • Light output:
    High: Up to 24,000 candela (peak beam intensity), 185 lumens
    Medium: Up to 12,000 candela (peak beam intensity), 95 lumens
    Low: 6,000 candela (peak beam intensity), 45 lumens
  • Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces a long-range targeting beam w/ optimum peripheral illumination. Optimized electronics provides regulated intensity
  • Runtime:
    High: Up to 2 hrs.
    Medium: Up to 3.75 hrs.
    Low: Up to 7.25 hrs.
    Strobe: Up to 5.5 hrs.
  • Fits existing Stinger snap-in chargers; compact and mountable in any position
  • 10 hr. steady charge, 2.5 hr. fast charge, or PiggyBack® charger
  • Serialized for positive identification
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Super-tough, non-conductive nylon polymer with non-slip rubberized comfort grip
  • The PolyStinger LED and PolyStinger DS LED combine C4 LED technology with rechargeablilty generating the lowest operating costs of any flashlight made!
  • 3-cell, 3.6 Volt sub-C NiCd battery is rechargeable up to 1000 times
  • O-ring sealed
  • Unbreakable polycarbonate lens with scratch-resistant coating.
  • C4® LED Technology. Shock-proof with a 50,000 hr. lifetime
  • Multi-function On/Off push-button switch designed for extremely long life; tested at 1 million actuations
  • Access any of the three variable lighting modes and strobe via the tailcap or the head-mounted switch. Switches operate independently.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #32
whiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Supply SGT
whiskey101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ive got one of these on my key chain, its super bright and has two levels of brightness

Nitecore CR2. Damn bright for a tiny package.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-cr2-q5.html
PLUS 1 for the NITECORE lights.

I have a NiteCore D10 that runs on a single AA battery. Cheapest batteries, lasts for a long time and is a very compact light.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #33
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
This is my baby and I pull wood every time I need to use it. It's the Streamlight Stinger DS (double-shot, meaning it has a button on the side and one also on the back). It has 3 light intensity settings, including a 4th one which is strobing:

Not cheap, but the beam is very tight even at great distances (like 1/2 mile!). It's an insane light, and it's just small enough to fit with vehicle charger in my armrest storage. I hard wired it to be in there all the time charging whenever my truck is on. I have another older Stinger which uses the same battery pack so I just keep it charging at home. About $120 shipped from Amazon but it's the best flashlight I've ever had, especially for the size.

C4® LED RECHARGEABLE POLYMER FLASHLIGHT

The PolyStinger DS® LED combines C4 LED technology with rechargeablilty generating the lowest operating costs of any flashlight made!
  • DUAL SWITCH TECHNOLOGY – Access any of the three variable lighting modes and strobe via the tail cap or the head-mounted switch
  • Light output:
    High: Up to 24,000 candela (peak beam intensity), 185 lumens
    Medium: Up to 12,000 candela (peak beam intensity), 95 lumens
    Low: 6,000 candela (peak beam intensity), 45 lumens
  • Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces a long-range targeting beam w/ optimum peripheral illumination. Optimized electronics provides regulated intensity
  • Runtime:
    High: Up to 2 hrs.
    Medium: Up to 3.75 hrs.
    Low: Up to 7.25 hrs.
    Strobe: Up to 5.5 hrs.
  • Fits existing Stinger snap-in chargers; compact and mountable in any position
  • 10 hr. steady charge, 2.5 hr. fast charge, or PiggyBack® charger
  • Serialized for positive identification
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Super-tough, non-conductive nylon polymer with non-slip rubberized comfort grip
  • The PolyStinger LED and PolyStinger DS LED combine C4 LED technology with rechargeablilty generating the lowest operating costs of any flashlight made!
  • 3-cell, 3.6 Volt sub-C NiCd battery is rechargeable up to 1000 times
  • O-ring sealed
  • Unbreakable polycarbonate lens with scratch-resistant coating.
  • C4® LED Technology. Shock-proof with a 50,000 hr. lifetime
  • Multi-function On/Off push-button switch designed for extremely long life; tested at 1 million actuations
  • Access any of the three variable lighting modes and strobe via the tailcap or the head-mounted switch. Switches operate independently.

x2, Worth the money after you charge it a few time. I got the Stinger led HP in my truck. Got the Dual Switches too.

If not look up Ultra fire on Ebay they got some streamfire copy cat for 15-20 bucks shipped.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #34
Gots a Taco!
Series1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really nice
Series1000's Tacoma Gallery
I love these lights, have a look around I'm sure they have something that fits the bill!

http://www.pelican.com/lights_catego...rsible=%&New=%
Old 07-09-2010, 05:54 AM   #35
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey101 View Post
PLUS 1 for the NITECORE lights.

I have a NiteCore D10 that runs on a single AA battery. Cheapest batteries, lasts for a long time and is a very compact light.
Other than the price, I love the nitcore lights. I am very impressed by mine. I got it on sale for 20 bucks I should have gotten two of them
Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #36
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNROBERTS View Post
Im looking for a flashlight like the surefires, button on back, compact style. Needs as high lumes as possible from small package. But i want off brand cheapola. Price wise not quality. Anyone have any ideas?
I found a Kobalt light at lowes. 40 bucks and its bad ass. Just like a surefire but half the price. Highly suggest it
Old 07-09-2010, 06:20 AM   #37
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post

just for the record...you shouldnt leave either on the charging base all the time...you kill that battery life...ive killed 2 streamlight rechargeable batteries

and my Surefire 9P is brighter than that poly stinger...BUT the poly stinger lasts longer and doesnt require those cr123 batteries
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #38
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Surefires are nice, and well made, but for what you pay, and what they put out (120 Lums), there are better lights out there. All Fenix, Nitecore, etc lights use AR Glass lenses, are water proof, shock proof, just like the Surefires. But they put out 2x's (or more) light.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:31 AM   #39

hey chris, do you have the link for where we got those nitcore's from when they were on sale?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #40
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey chris, do you have the link for where we got those nitcore's from when they were on sale?
They were being sold at 4sevens.com. They are out of them now, and I was told they are no longer going to carry them.

Products Discussed in this Thread