Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Looking for a flashlight

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a flashlight

Im looking for a flashlight like the surefires, button on back, compact style. Needs as high lumes as possible from small package. But i want off brand cheapola. Price wise not quality. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAcQ8wIwADgA#p
Old 07-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I would get LEO input!!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
or

http://www.tacticalleds.com/Shop/Con..._by/sell_price
Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
rwcfrank is a jewel in the roughrwcfrank is a jewel in the roughrwcfrank is a jewel in the rough
rwcfrank's Tacoma Gallery
This is the way to a bright future. I have two my first one is 10 years old and works as good as new. Upgrade to 120 lumens and you will literally stun a person at night with the brighness

http://www.surefire.com/6P-Original
Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
http://ask-leo.com/keyboard_mice_and...t_devices.html

???
but seriously
Old 07-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
timbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timbo805's Tacoma Gallery
i know im probably going to sound cheep but i bought a 32 led small compact flash light from harbor freight and its super brite and i mean bright! its has Ben going strong for about 3 month with daily use and still running strong.

http://www.harborfreight.com/general...ght-98504.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/general...ght-98506.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/general...ght-66567.html

PS.it has the button on the back and its seems very tough.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
gander mountain has one right up your alley. its gander mountain brand and its like 200 lumens for 40 buckx
Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
tons and tons of bright/cheap lights. make sure and get one that uses either AAA or AA. the 18650 and 14500 batteries are hard to find and expensive
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.942
Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
tons and tons of bright/cheap lights. make sure and get one that uses either AAA or AA. the 18650 and 14500 batteries are hard to find and expensive
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.942
Wow, those are some cheap prices!! Good find!!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Fenix TK-11R2. it uses rechargable 18650 batteries, and throws near 240 lumens. I have one, and its a dam good light!

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Fenix-T...ght-High--4573
Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #12
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Wow, those are some cheap prices!! Good find!!
I ordered 2 lights from there. It took about a week and a half to get them. they are shipped from china
Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Check out the Fenix TK-11R2. it uses rechargable 18650 batteries, and throws near 240 lumens. I have one, and its a dam good light!

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Fenix-T...ght-High--4573

where do you get these batteries?
Quote:
18650 Li-ion battery
only places Ive seen are online and are expensive
Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #14
BlackRig has a spectacular aura aboutBlackRig has a spectacular aura about

Name: Craig
BlackRig's Tacoma Gallery
I got a flashlight from target for $20. It's called life gear. It runs on regular batteries and it's by far my favorite light for any amount I've spent.

http://www.lifegearcompany.com/outdoor.html

I have the smallest one. 80 lumens. 1AA battery lasts me forever. I keep one in the truck and one on my bike.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
www.candlepowerforums.com

I'd avoid DX - ridiculously long shipping times, bad customer service, shoddy products. Of course, their prices are among the best.

I'd recommend, off hand, Eagle Tac, Fenix, Olight as some cheaper brands - still pricey, but about half the price of SureFire. try www.batteryjunction.com for those brands at decent prices. You can also buy the CR123 batteries at much better prices.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #16
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
where do you get these batteries?

only places Ive seen are online and are expensive
They are not bad. No worse than 123's

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3287

and the charger isnt that much either

http://bestofferbuy.com/UltraFire-WF...campaign=gbase
Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #17

wow everything at that batteryjunction is expensive as shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
They are not bad. No worse than 123's
but I can get 123's local
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #18

Quote:
wow everything at that batteryjunction is expensive as shit!

but I can get 123's local
Yes, but my 18650's are over 2 years old, and still hold full charge. How long do the 123's last?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #19

well damn, maybe i need to quit crying about it and just get some already
Old 07-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #20
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
I went the the Streamlight Scorpion LED. It uses the CR123 batteries but Streamlight makes their own and cost is about $3 for a pair. The great thing is the LED gives longer battery time and Streamlight's LED is brighter and throws a better and longer spot than any of the el cheapos I have tried, which lacked depth. 130 lumens and cost is around $49. It's made in the good ol' USA. Good stuff Maynard!

Products Discussed in this Thread