Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Moving with my 45

Old 07-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Turning the knob from H2 to H4/L4
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

Poke Tako's Tacoma Gallery
Moving with my 45

I bought a XDM45 about a week ago and love it. I just found out that we are moving to California within a year. Do any of you know if it will be OK for me to have my XDM legally? I know that California mag capacity is 10 rounds and that the XD45 mag fits the XDM45. I will off course sell of my XDM45 mag (13 rounds) and buy a XD45 mag that holds 10 rounds. Will that be sufficient?
Any help, suggestions or tips.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

No one?
Bump! Can anyone help me out please.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
You are worrying too much. We are allowed to own high cap mags just can't buy sell or give them to anyone anymore. The gun is probably on our list of approved guns (BS) and it's not like there are special gun cops running around checking.
Check out the Kalifornia DOJ website for specific laws and make you own decision.
Assuming you are a stand up citizen then you should have nothing to worry about.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
whiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Supply SGT
whiskey101's Tacoma Gallery
Double Tap.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
whiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Supply SGT
whiskey101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
You are worrying too much. We are allowed to own high cap mags just can't buy sell or give them to anyone anymore. The gun is probably on our list of approved guns (BS) and it's not like there are special gun cops running around checking.
Check out the Kalifornia DOJ website for specific laws and make you own decision.
Assuming you are a stand up citizen then you should have nothing to worry about.
Not the best advice about "nothing to worry about". Sorry to hear you are moving to the communist state of California.

I don't want to live in any state that has to have a website devoted to all the guns you can't buy/own that are otherwise legal in non-communist states.
http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/

For new residents:
http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.php

No F'ing way I would live in California.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah for a commie state, you should have no problem if you don't have a meth habit.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey101 View Post
Not the best advice about "nothing to worry about". Sorry to hear you are moving to the communist state of California.

I don't want to live in any state that has to have a website devoted to all the guns you can't buy/own that are otherwise legal in non-communist states.

For new residents:

Had I not been relatively liberal when I moved here, I would never be here today... with the exception of the weather, the mountains, the desert, the fishing, the backpacking, the shooting in the desert, the Sierras, Kings Canyon, Sierra National Park, Yosemite, the river, mountain biking, the Pacific Ocean, etc. - It all causes such conflicts in my simple little mind.

Can we just import people that have a bit more sense about laws, making them and weed out (no pun intended) the whack jobs!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It is also next to BAJA California!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure man, I know on my xd40 case it says "not leagal for sale in CA"
Old 07-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #10
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
xdm is not on the roster, not legal to have in ca. xd's are on the roster
Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #11
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Not sure man, I know on my xd40 case it says "not leagal for sale in CA"
And my XD took forever to get! Can we be annexed by AZ?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #12
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
And my XD took forever to get! Can we be annexed by AZ?
say pretty please!

Quote:

Can we just import people that have a bit more sense about laws, making them and weed out (no pun intended) the whack jobs!
and this ^
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #13
Ban Pending

I know way off topic but I would love one of these - $350 I'm not quite willing to part with!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #14

Thanks for all the replies. Great info, especially with the provided links. I don't want to part with my XDM45 just because I will be moving to Cali. I would like to still have/own it legally and have it for home protection.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #15
Ban Pending

Sorry - looks like the only purpose for that gun in CA is to support a political agenda to keep guns away from thugs that get them regardless. We should think about illegalizing older Camaros since it is how 80% of all meth is transported!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #16
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeTaco View Post
I bought a XDM45 about a week ago and love it. I just found out that we are moving to California within a year. Do any of you know if it will be OK for me to have my XDM legally? I know that California mag capacity is 10 rounds and that the XD45 mag fits the XDM45. I will off course sell of my XDM45 mag (13 rounds) and buy a XD45 mag that holds 10 rounds. Will that be sufficient?
Any help, suggestions or tips.
I'll trade you my Cali legal XD45compact for your not legal XDM45...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #17
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey101 View Post

For new residents:

lol.

not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. i own a number of guns. guess it's a bummer that i can't own some makes of assault rifles, you know, in case we're invaded or something.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
lol.

not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. i own a number of guns. guess it's a bummer that i can't own some makes of assault rifles, you know, in case we're invaded or something.
thats beside the point... I can own a truck load of 30 round clips and shoot all day swapping out my high cap mags while your stuck shooting 10 rounders... and btw, cali is the first place the russians will invade b/c of laws that limit guns I dont think they will be visiting TX and AZ
Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #19
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
thats beside the point... I can own a truck load of 30 round clips and shoot all day swapping out my high cap mags while your stuck shooting 10 rounders... and btw, cali is the first place the russians will invade b/c of laws that limit guns I dont think they will be visiting TX and AZ
...or the Chinese - We might as well start learning Zhōnggu Yǔwn!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #20

Quote:
...or the Chinese - We might as well start learning Zhōnggu Yǔwn!
or spanish