1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

S&w 4026

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by rgolden5724, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Jul 21, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    rgolden5724

rgolden5724 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    N40 W80
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Offroad
    Pretty much stock
    Alright gun nuts. Tonight I bought a S&W Model 4026 from a co-worker. There's very little information out there about this pistol. I got what I feel was a great deal, so I bought without testing it out. I've read a bit about other S&W 40 series pistols and see that for the most part they are a good gun. There are some complaints about weight of trigger pull, weight of gun in general, but other than that reviews have stated positives. According to the nomenclature the "2" represents an aluminum ally frame which I'm assuming cuts down on the weight a little bit. It has a stainless steel slide and it does feel a bit top heavy from what I'm used to.

Does anybody have any experience with this gun?

Thanks.

2. Jul 21, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    My Dad has one. Its a good shooting weapon. Heavy, IMHO. Average accuracy, about on par with a Rugar P series pistol. Rugged and dependable is how he describes it. As far as I know, He hasnt had any malfunctions. he did send it to S&W to have the trigger worked on, to make it more smooth, but I imagine any local gun smitth could do that for ya, if it was an issue.

3. Jul 21, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    rgolden5724

rgolden5724 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    N40 W80
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Offroad
    Pretty much stock
    Thanks for the quick reply Chris. I agree that it is fairly heavy, but for what I paid, I absolutely couldn't pass it up. My co-worker bought it new 9 years ago and has put 2 boxes of shells through it. I paid just over half of what he paid new (he showed me the receipt). I figure if I don't like it, I'll trade it in on a Glock 23 (what I originally was looking for).

Products Discussed in

To Top