Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hunting in Texas or AZ

Old 07-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hunting in Texas or AZ

Hey there TW.
I'm a socal resident and as you all know hunting really sucks down here. This year in an effor to fill the cooler with meat, I'm looking to hunt neighboring states. I heard success rate in TX is like 85%. I'm wondering if there are any guides on here or people with private land that are willing to help me out. Or if you guys know anyone with fair prices. Thanks

I'm also looking at AZ but really preffer TX.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
im going over to my dads today and ill ask him
Old 07-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of hunting...deer or pigs?

living in Socal, you are smack dabs next to probably the 2nd best hog hunting area in the country (#1 is some ranch in texas). TEJON RANCH! they have some great group deals out there..$450 for a weekend. you can usually jump on a group on that Jesse's hunting and outdoors website (google "JHO"). during the wet season, bonus..you will get to use that tacoma of yours. i hear it gets nasty.

i am going to a public land, uber secret hunting spot.. in california..bowhunting only. i leave in 3 weeks. monster deer. i cant tell you the spot, because this isnt my trip..i am invited. 2 socal bowhunters are taking me. i am with another norcal guy. we are going to slay them.

i cant believe i am going to say this part...FRASIER PARK up the grapevine from you. public land. BEARS AND DEER. if you get off the road and hike..you will find deer. i stalked to 30 yards of a black bear. didnt have a bear tag, so i mock drew my bow, to "prove i could have done it".

AZ? this past january, i went bowhunting there. az couse deer. that state is so hunter friendly. went to the game office, and this HOTTIE sold me my OTC tag..with a wink! loved her. went down I-10, took an offramp,,,drove in the dirt with my tacoma..and set up camp. random spot! we stalked 3-5 deer a day. never got one, but was excited everyday. freezing! got into the javalina and killed one. deer everywhere, but man they were smart, and the wind was very unpredictable. best 7 day hunt of my life..and we were skunked! rifle hunters need to draw a tag..difficult odds...bowhunters can buy them OTC. buy a bow, bro.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ pretty cool story!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
october i am going bowhunting in texas. you can buy a 5-day license there, but that doesnt let you kill a deer. deer tags are $350? but you can kill 7 deer. too rich for me. the 5day tag is $50 or less, and lets me shoot hogs and exotics. most ranches charge about $200 per day, but that includes lodging. trying a new place this year with my brother. he lives in el paso. i fly in, and we drive to bumfucknowhere..we used to go to the one ranch..the old man would let me shoot a deer on one of my brother's tags..never did. because that is not legal
Old 07-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #6

I pay like 80 bucks for a super combo license. its for birds, deer, turkey, fishing,...pretty much everything. Im glad ive never had to buy an out of state license before though
Old 07-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
what kind of hunting...deer or pigs?

living in Socal, you are smack dabs next to probably the 2nd best hog hunting area in the country (#1 is some ranch in texas). TEJON RANCH! they have some great group deals out there..$450 for a weekend. you can usually jump on a group on that Jesse's hunting and outdoors website (google "JHO"). during the wet season, bonus..you will get to use that tacoma of yours. i hear it gets nasty.

i am going to a public land, uber secret hunting spot.. in california..bowhunting only. i leave in 3 weeks. monster deer. i cant tell you the spot, because this isnt my trip..i am invited. 2 socal bowhunters are taking me. i am with another norcal guy. we are going to slay them.

i cant believe i am going to say this part...FRASIER PARK up the grapevine from you. public land. BEARS AND DEER. if you get off the road and hike..you will find deer. i stalked to 30 yards of a black bear. didnt have a bear tag, so i mock drew my bow, to "prove i could have done it".

AZ? this past january, i went bowhunting there. az couse deer. that state is so hunter friendly. went to the game office, and this HOTTIE sold me my OTC tag..with a wink! loved her. went down I-10, took an offramp,,,drove in the dirt with my tacoma..and set up camp. random spot! we stalked 3-5 deer a day. never got one, but was excited everyday. freezing! got into the javalina and killed one. deer everywhere, but man they were smart, and the wind was very unpredictable. best 7 day hunt of my life..and we were skunked! rifle hunters need to draw a tag..difficult odds...bowhunters can buy them OTC. buy a bow, bro.
Thanks for the help.. To clarify im looking to hunt deer, white tail preferably. Hog isn't really what i'm in too. I can take those by the dozen up north. I'm definately going to look into frazier park though.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
several years ago..frasier park burned..so they closed it. i believe they opened it up 2-3 years ago. so many road hunters..retards. i got off the road and saw many deer. mostly spikes.

join JHO, lots of good info on that site.

you buying cali points? i keep checking on the offroad trails section. lots of tacomas going up into the X zones..great deer in X. BLM land too!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I pay like 80 bucks for a super combo license. its for birds, deer, turkey, fishing,...pretty much everything. Im glad ive never had to buy an out of state license before though
$80??!! ouch..buy a lifetime license if you ever leave!! i should have before i left TX.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
$80??!! ouch..buy a lifetime license if you ever leave!! i should have before i left TX.
is that expensive? in our county I get 2 buck tags and 3 doe tags. if I hunt in other certain counties, say one with a 3 buck limit I could get another one there if i wanted. pigs are pests so they are unlimited...
Old 07-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #11

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is that expensive? in our county I get 2 buck tags and 3 doe tags. if I hunt in other certain counties, say one with a 3 buck limit I could get another one there if i wanted. pigs are pests so they are unlimited...
DUDE KEASON you've got to hook me up. DAMN!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
Quote:
nooo! the contrary..i'm saying "ouch" for me..i get bent over. i hunt AZ, NM and TEXAS!! my out of state tags are brutal..
Old 07-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #13
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I hunt out of state each year in a few locations and it adds up fast.

So far this year I am in Kansas which was $400 for out of state,
Arkansas which was $300 , and Alabama which was $275.

I will most likely make a trip to Missouri and Georgia too so it costs some dollars when you dont hunt in your home state. I dont even hunt in Florida where I live.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i think the hunting/fishing combos in SC are like $25...that's deer, pigs, dove, quail, turkey, etc...i think the only other tags you pay for are ducks. they mail out the turkey tags for free in the spring if you opt for them. where i hunt in the state is unlimited bucks and i cant remember how many does on doe days, unless you buy up to 4 extra doe tags for $5 a piece.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #16

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i think the hunting/fishing combos in SC are like $25...that's deer, pigs, dove, quail, turkey, etc...i think the only other tags you pay for are ducks. they mail out the turkey tags for free in the spring if you opt for them. where i hunt in the state is unlimited bucks and i cant remember how many does on doe days, unless you buy up to 4 extra doe tags for $5 a piece.
man i need to come to south carolina
Old 07-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #17
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Yep Arizona has some of the best elk and deer hunting in the country. But its gonna be pricey out of state. Plus you gotta get drawn for almost everything.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
man i need to come to south carolina
sucks that down here there are lots of small deer...nothing like ohio. i shot my first last year...7pt. plan to go more this year when i can
Old 07-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #19
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
Yep Arizona has some of the best elk and deer hunting in the country. But its gonna be pricey out of state. Plus you gotta get drawn for almost everything.
i heard there where alot of mexican deer there,is that true?
Old 07-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #20
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
i heard there where alot of mexican deer there,is that true?
Haha ya, they tell us to get those ones first.