LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Score 1 for Gun Owners

Old 07-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #61
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Well, it must be ambiguous, if people can't agree with 100% certainty with the law 100% of the time. Have you read the 2nd amendment lately?

It says:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Well can you see how some people can interpret that to be that you can have arms as long as your part of a well regulated militia? I'm not saying I think that, but it is written in a way where people can interpret it that way.
I love it when people (not saying you were Klown) think that the 2nd Amendment is only to help us keep a militia and that this only applies to people in one. I don't believe that's all it's for, but that's just fine and dandy if you live in SC.

This is a direct quote from a statute in SC.

"25-1-60. Composition and classes of militia.

ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS

The militia of this State consists of all able-bodied persons over seventeen years of age who are: citizens of the United States residing within this State; citizens of the United States bound by law, lawful order, or contract to serve in the militia or military forces of this State; or persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States and are bound by law, lawful order, or contract to serve in the militia or military forces of this State. The militia is divided into three classes: the National Guard, the organized militia, and the unorganized militia."

Therefore, everyone over 17 residing in SC who are citizens of the USA are in the militia.

See, there are actually good reasons to live here that pop up from time to time.

As for those who think that we can only have weapons from that era, or only have weapons that the military now has, that's a load of horse hockey. If that were the intent of the 2nd Amendment, it would say so. And, I really loved that argument about the 1st Amendment needing to be repealed because of the Internet - really throws them off their game to hear that one, I bet.