LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Score 1 for Gun Owners

Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Score 1 for Gun Owners

The U.S. Supreme Court finished deliberations today and ruled 5-4 that the Washington D.C. ban on handguns was unconstitutional based on the individuals right to bear arms. This just proves the importance of the President's power of nominating US justices. Had Gore or Kerry won in past, justices Alito or Roberts (conservative Justices) might not have been there and the vote could have easily swung the other way. I'm personally more libertarian, but when the government takes away my right to protect myself and my family I take it personal. Its a fact that criminals will get their hands on any weapon that they need. That leaves law-abiding citizens just like myself defenseless. Guns level the playing field for a 80yr old woman who lives by herself and her 20cats against a 18yr teenage bouncer to breaks into her home. "Leave the guns in the hands of the police who are trained to protect us" they say. Not to knock the officers, but that's a load of bull. By the time the police realize they have a real problem on their hand, these people already have the upper hand. That's assuming you are able to get to a phone that ADT is calling you on so that they can send the appropriate authorities. Considering 99% of house alarms going off are false alarms. Simply put, my home is my domain. You come in here unwelcome you better come prepared. Have a great day!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/26/sco...rss_topstories
Old 06-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
YES!! Glad we got some clarification on the subject. McCain 1 Obama 0
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
Western Alliance
bauermike is on a distinguished road

Army: 25th Inf Div STRYKER, 10th Mountain DIV
bauermike's Tacoma Gallery
Did you know that you have more of a chance of being killed in Washington DC than you do in any major city in Iraq? You need to carry weapons in our nations capitol more than you do in a war zone.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Good.

I have never been able to understand the reasoning behind the idea that if you take away the guns from law abiding citizens you are protecting them from the criminals.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #6
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
I didn't know Obama spoke out against this ruling? Do you have a link you can post that backs up your claim?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
LOL, you like spreading propaganda don't you LOL. I just read Obama's comments on the ruling. He said he was glad that the court made a definite ruling on it. And if he were to become president, he would uphold this ruling.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #8
Western Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
I didn't know Obama spoke out against this ruling? Do you have a link you can post that backs up your claim?

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm - 24k - Cached
Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
Western Alliance

He spoke before the ruling and said one thing, then after the ruling he said another thing.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauermike View Post
http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm - 24k - Cached
OK, that site has his general opinion on gun control. It's the party line, I would expect nothing different. He said the DC gun ban was constitutional, of course he would say this, the court ruled that it was constitutional. Could you find any comments where he speaks out about this particular court ruling? I tried but couldn't find anything.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #11
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He spoke before the ruling and said one thing, then after the ruling he said another thing.
Oh, you mean he acted like a politician? LOL, he's a politician running for prez, just like all the other people that ran for prez.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #12
Western Alliance

Quote:
OK, that site has his general opinion on gun control. It's the party line, I would expect nothing different. He said the DC gun ban was constitutional, of course he would say this, the court ruled that it was constitutional. Could you find any comments where he speaks out about this particular court ruling? I tried but couldn't find anything.

All I can find is that he says the original ban is constitutional. And the other issue of him endorsing a ban in Illinois.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #13
Western Alliance

Quote:
Oh, you mean he acted like a politician? LOL, he's a politician running for prez, just like all the other people that ran for prez.

Oh I know! I cant stand politicians, but I only get flustered when they attack gun laws.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I know! I cant stand politicians, but I only get flustered when they attack gun laws.
Yeah I hear you, the great thing about this country is that no 1 man has power to take away your guns. It's an amendment, 1 man can't repeal an amendment. All 3/4 of the states and 2/3 of congress have to repeal an amendment. And that ain't ever gonna happen on this issue. As long as people are afraid of the government, they will always be allowed to own guns.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #16
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As long as people are afraid of the government, they will always be allowed to own guns.
Agreed, but 5/4 is still too close for me.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #17
Western Alliance

We all know how politics work, yes one man cannot change the whole issue, but the friends and collegues that he hires into high up places CAN when they all get thier heads together. Most of the time when a president is elected, Congress starts to change with faces from the same party as the elected president. Not always, but mostly. And if all these people think the same way on an issue, you can pretty much bet your money that the issue will go to that side.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It never should have been an issue.
The Individual right to bear arms.
PERIOD!
Our founding fathers would be SHITTING themselves if they could see what our government is doing!
Then they would start shooting.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #19
Western Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
It never should have been an issue.
The Individual right to bear arms.
PERIOD!
Our founding fathers would be SHITTING themselves if they could see what our government is doing!
Then they would start shooting.
You are totally right... People forget that the amendments of the Constitution were made for a reason. Specific issues that our founding fathers came accross, and as we all are ALWAYS told, history repeats itself. And one day in the future, all of us might have to bring up arms.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #20
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Thank God and the SCOTUS!